Canada Immigration – Provincial Nominee Program
Canada Immigration – Provincial Nominee Program
Provincial Nominee Program or Canada PNP exists because Canadian provinces have their own nominee programs that are designed to encourage skilled migrants to settle in those provinces. These programs are designed to meet the specific needs of employers and to encourage capital investment for that specific geographic area.
To apply under the Provincial Nominee Program, applicants must be nominated by a Canadian province or territory. Under this program, applicants must have the skills, education and work experience to make an immediate economic contribution to the province or territory that nominates them.
People who are coming in through this program are provided permanent residency and ultimately the opportunity to apply for Canadian citizenship.
- Spouse Immigration
- How do i Start?
All the Canadian Provinces do not provide Provincial Nomination Schemes. However, most provinces have an agreement with the Government of Canada that allows them to nominate immigrants who wish to settle in that province.
To be eligible to apply for the Provincial Nomination Scheme, the applicants have to pass three stages:
1. Job Offer - Applicants must have a valid job offer from a Canadian company based in the province to which the candidates intend to migrate. Alternatively, candidates can obtain a nomination certificate if they have a close relative living in that province.
2. Provincial Government Approval - The job offer should be approved by the relevant provincial government. The applicants are assessed against the migration requirement of the particular province. Candidates must be able to prove that they have a genuine interest to reside and work in the province.
3. Application for Permanent Residency - Once the applicant receives a nomination from the particular province, they should submit their application for permanent residency with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
Applicants need to prove that they have enough money to support themselves and their dependents after they arrive in Canada.
- Provincial Nomination Scheme visa is a quicker route to Canadian immigration.
- It is not a point-based system unlike the Federal Skilled Worker Programme.
- Applicants have the same benefits as those of a Federal Skilled worker.
- Successful applicants will have access to government-subsidized health care, free education and social benefits.
- Successful applicants can work or pursue further studies or invest in a business.
- Applicants are restricted to work in the province sponsoring their application.
- Permanent residence visa holders have the option to apply for Canadian nationality.
At present, the following provinces and territories in Canada have Provincial Nomination Schemes:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
Every province will follow their own assessment procedures and is not related with the Federal Skilled Worker category Quota or eligibility system.
You must be currently living and employed in Manitoba for at least 6 months to apply under PNP.
The principal applicant can include a common-law partner, spouse, conjugal partner and/or dependent children in the application. Every province offers its own criteria regarding dependents and have to meet the other obligations to be eligible to apply to that province.
Evaluation to check your eligibility
Your profile will be evaluated by our consultants to confirm your eligibility for Canada and its provinces.
First stage processing
Filing of the provincial nominee application which will take 3-4 months to know the outcome.
Second stage processing
After a successful provincial nominee application, the PR visa application will be filed with CIC. It can take 6-8 months approximately.
The application fee for principal applicants and their dependents are given below:
- Sign up with Kansas for evaluation to check your eligibility
- Begin your Provincial nominee application.
- Kansas will coordinate with your employer for all paperwork and provincial nominee application.
- Upon receipt of positive nomination, Kansas will then assist you in filing your application for PR visa with CIC.
After you land in your selected province in Canada Kansas provides complete post landing assistance which includes air tickets, accommodation, airport pick up, orientation tours and assistance with a local Indian guide in the country of your choice. These services are at an extra nominal fee and can be availed before or after you receive your visa.
Before Kansas accepts your case for processing, we must be certain that you earn enough points and are able to provide documentary evidence to make a successful application. Before you apply for it, you must be certain you actually qualify.
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your education, your institution and personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for Immigration. If you score the necessary points, your application is accepted for Full Service & Processing