Hong Kong Immigration & Hong Kong Quality Migrant Admission Scheme
Hong Kong’s Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)
- Entrant Scheme to attract highly skilled or talented persons to enter & remain in HK.
- Applicants need to meet set prerequisites.
- Pass Points test-either General OR Achievement.
- High scoring applications are selected in a selection exercise by the HK Department of Immigration within a quarterly quota.
- Approval-in-Principal Letter given for Interview in HK.
- Attend an interview with original documents.
- Entry Visa / Work Permit granted for one year.
- Can bring spouse & children under 18 to HK.
- About HK
- Indians in HK
- Career Strategy
- Job Options
- How do i Start?
- Much of Hong Kong was developed in the last 25 years, largely as it discovered wealth creation opportunities.
- The city grew vertically to become one of the biggest financial centers of the world.
- One of the world’s largest and most efficient ports.
- Asian headquarters of several MNCs.
- Gateway to companies manufacturing in China.
- One of the world’s busiest tourist destinations.
- A thriving real estate industry.
- Current estimates put the number of Indians in Hong Kong at about 35,000, of whom nearly 23,000 hold Indian passports.
- Due to their long presence in the territory, Indians have been able to integrate themselves into the mainstream of Hong Kong life, as can be seen by the number of 2nd and 3rd generation persons of Indian origin who speak fluent Cantonese and feel quite at home in Hong Kong.
- The majority of Indians in Hong Kong are traders, with strong cultural and social links to India. They have traditionally been intermediaries for trade between China, the Middle East and African countries.
- However, in recent times, a large number of Indian professionals are coming in, giving rise to a new generation of Hong Kong Indians.
- Indian professionals in Banking, Finance and Information Technology sectors have contributed to the strengthening of the Indian community, as they exert an important influence not only in Hong Kong, but also in international circles.
A job abroad can give your career a big boost. Foreign experience shows the employers that you are unusually adaptable and versatile. It can put you on a fast track for advancement.
With Asia-Pacific, China and India becoming the happening economies, gaining any kind of expertise or experience around them adds a lot of value to your resume and opens several opportunities.
Working in Hong Kong adds great value to your resume as you would have interacted with China, India, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Gulf in some way or the other.
That’s why a stint in Hong Kong will add a lot of mileage to your career that very few of your colleagues will be able to boast of .
Hong Kong is also a regional leader in Logistics and Trade-supporting services, such as :-
- Product testing and inspection
- Arbitration and mediation
- Trade finance documentation and Insurance
As China liberalizes its markets due to its WTO (World Trade Organization) membership commitments, Hong Kong firms are increasingly active in connecting suppliers in other countries with consumers in the Chinese Mainland and elsewhere in Asia. Hong Kong is the leading financial center of Asia and is one of the top sources of outward direct foreign investment in Asia.
All applicants must satisfy all of the following pre-requisites:
a) Age:18 years or above.
b) Financial requirement:He/she is capable of supporting and accommodating himself/herself and his/her dependants, if any, on his/her own financial resources without relying on public assistance during his/her stay in Hong Kong.
c) Good character:No criminal record or adverse immigration record in Hong Kong or elsewhere.
d) Language proficiency:Proficient in written and spoken English. IELTS score requirement of 6.0 overall.
e) Basic educational qualification:Good educational background, normally a first degree from a recognized university or a tertiary educational institution.
In addition to meeting all pre-requisites, applicants have to pass in either of the points based tests: General Points Based Test OR Achievement Points Based Test.
A) General Points Based Test is based on:
- Academic Qualifications
- Work Experience
- Language Proficiency
- Family Background
Minimum pass mark: 80 points out of 195 points
B) Achievement Based Points Test
- For those with Exceptional Talent
- For those with Outstanding Skills
- For those who have won State / National / International awards
- For those who have made a significant contribution to their field
Points awarded 195 or 0 (zero)
The visa fee is HKD $160
- Starter Kit issuance
- Complete Application Processing
- Forms, Documentation & Petition Filing
- Updates & Follow up wih the Consulate
- Airport Pickup*
- Accommodation Assistance*
- Relocation Orientation
- Job Search Assistance*
- Relocation Assistance *
* These services are provided at an additional cost.
Before Kansas accepts your case for processing, we must be certain that you earn enough points and are able to provide documentary evidence to make a successful application. Before you apply for it, you must be certain you actually qualify.
Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile & assesses your education, your institution and personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for Immigration. If you score the necessary points, your application is accepted for Full Service & Processing.