Key Factors about Austria Jobseeker Visa (Red White Red Card)
Austria is a landlocked country, providing excellent standards of living for 8.3 million people.This European nation depicts beauty and great lifestyle.
Vienna, the capital city of Austria, has been ranked the best city to live in the world for the 10th consecutive year.
1. What is Austria's RWR Card?
Austria Red-White-Red Card (RWR Card) is the Jobseeker visa of the country. Hence, this card is also known as "Austria Job Seeker Visa."
- It aims to promote more flexible recruitment of qualified workforce
- This card facilitates professionals along with their families, to settle permanently in Austria.
2. What are the requirements to get an RWR card?
The following are the requirements to get the RWR card:
- The applicant must have university qualifications for a minimum duration of 4 years in relevance to the nominated occupation.
- Hold sufficient funds for the intended stay in Austria, which they would require at the time of application.
Requirements to get points:
- Experience with a relevant qualification or as a Senior Manager.
- The applicant's age should be between 18-45 years to claim points.
- Require basic level language skills in German (A2) or English (intensified elementary use) to work in the nominated occupation.
3. What is the time required to get an RWR card?
The following is the breakage of time of processing your RWR card:
- Evaluation: 24 hours
- Kansas overseas process time: Approx. 2-3 weeks from date of submission of all documents
- Consulate process time: 3-5 months from date of submission of application
4. What are the eligibility criteria to get an RWR card?
We can categorize the eligibility criteria according to the skills of applicants in the following ways:
1. Very highly qualified workers: Applicants who are at a managerial level or with relevant qualifications need to have extensive years of experience and a commitment to work & settle in Austria.
- The Austria job seeker visa is a point-based selection, and the applicant must get at least 70 out of 100 points on various sections like age, work experience, qualifications, language skills, pay scale, adaptability, and Education from Austria.
- A 6-month visa will be granted to search for jobs in Austria and obtain an RWR card with an employment offer.
- This option is given for the category of applicants who do not have a job offer.
2. Other Key Workers: Foreign citizens who want to get a work permit with a company in Austria (job offer required) as a key worker based on their qualifications and work experience, can apply under this category.
- This is also a point-based category
- The applicant must get 50 out of a maximum of 75 points.
- RWR card is granted for 12 months to work with the employer.
3. Graduates of universities and colleges of higher education in Austria: under this category, the authorities give a work visa for students who have a bachelor's or master's degree from an Austrian college or university.
- They should have a job offer relevant to their qualifications.
- Social Affairs Minister Rudolf Hundstorfer said that Austria must import migrant labor to deal with skills shortages in the next 10 to 15 years.
4. Self-employed key workers: The self-employed workers can get the RWR card if they can prove that they can bring a positive change to the economy of Austria. These workers should:
- Be able to invest a minimum of 100,000 Euros in Austria or
- Create jobs in Austria or
- Introduce new technologies to Austria or
- Be advantageous to the region in which you are self-employed.
5. Start-up founders: The founders of a startup can apply for RWR card if:
- They start a company to develop innovative products or technologies
- Can submit a good business plan to run the above-said company
- Can have 50% shares in this company, whose capital must be a minimum of 50,000 Euros
- Can score a minimum of 50 points in the points-based test.
5. How do I start?
- Before Kansas accepts your case for processing, we must be sure that you earn enough points and can provide documentary evidence to make a successful application.
- Before you apply for it, you must be confident that you qualify.
- Our Processing Team does a detailed review of your profile.
- We assess your education, your institution, and personal finances to determine if you are eligible to apply for the RWR card.
- If you score the necessary points, we accept your application for Full Service & Processing.
- Austria initial application assistance & documentation
- Pick up from Austria airport
- Kansas Partner: One hour tour of Austria
- Kansas Partner: Personal one to one information session in Austria
- Kansas Partner: List of placement agencies in Austria
- Booking of air tickets, arranging for foreign exchange, etc.
"Food, Hotel & Transport expenses are not included in this package and have to be paid by the individuals."
6. Why Austria?
The following are the reasons that summarize the advantages of getting the resident permit in Austria:
- Top international competitor
- Beautiful place to live in Europe
- Great standard of living
- A strong economy and job market
- In need of skilled people
- Low unemployment rate
- Stable Government
- Short process time
- Low investment
- Full assistance from Kansas
7. Some more interesting facts about Austria:
- Austria's terrain is highly mountainous due to the presence of the Alps.
- The majority of the population speaks German, which is also the country's official language.
- Today, Austria is a representative parliamentary democracy comprising nine federal states.
- Vienna is the capital and the largest city with a population exceeding 1.7 million.
- Austria is one of the wealthiest countries in the world, with a nominal per capita GDP of 47,290.91 USD (2017).
- The country has a high standard of living and in 2019 and was ranked 20th in the world for its Human Development Index.
Some details about Austria RWR card
- Austria's RWR Card is an excellent option for foreigners as it allows them to qualify under the point-based system to seek a job in Austria.
- Successful skilled job seekers will be granted a 6 months residence permit in Austria and search for a job.
Use Kansas Overseas services to apply for an Austria RWR Card visa and Kansas Smart Applicant services to apply for a job in Austria.
It is a simple and easy process. You could then be working in Austria in less than 6 months.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A: Austria has the Czech Republic, Germany to the north, Slovakia, Hungary to the east, Slovenia, and Italy to the south, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein to the west as borders.
A: The key factors that are taken into consideration to get RWR card are, qualification, work experience, age, language skills, employment offer, and minimum remuneration.
A: This card is issued for very highly qualified/key workers and professionals in professions, which have a shortage of workers.
The card is also being issued to self-employed key workers and startup founders.
A: The Highly Qualified Worker program is a points-based scheme that allows you to search for a job in Austria for 6 months duration.
You cannot work under this program.
The RWR card will be issued for 12 months after finding a job that is relevant to your qualifications.
A: The RWR card will allow you to take your spouse and children below 18 years of age.
A: Your spouse can obtain an RWR Card Plus and start working in Austria.
RWR Card Plus, with complete labor market access, will be provided after completing at least 10 months with the current employer.
A: You can get your citizenship after 5 years following your permanent residence status.