Australia PR Point Calculator 2020
Australia’s permanent residence is very beneficial to your career as well as your family’s future. If you have the right skill set and experience in the demand list of Australia, it is easy to migrate to Australia with the country’s skilled immigration programs.
How many points are required for Australian PR 2020?
- The minimum points:The DIBP (Department of Immigration and Border Protection) considers an applicant eligible to get PR if he/she gets at least 65 points.
- The Points required to clear the “SkillSelect” stage: The second stage of the process is known as “SkillSelect”. In this stage, all applicants (who score 65+) will be ranked based on their points. The applicant with the highest points will be invited to apply for the Australia PR.
How can I calculate my points for PR in Australia?
The points allotment will be as follows:
|A Doctorate degree from an Australian university or institute outside Australia.||20|
|A Bachelor’s degree (or Master’s degree) from an Australian university or institute outside Australia.||15|
|Degree Diploma advanced or trade study in Australia||10|
|Any qualification or award recognized by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation.||10|
|Niche skills such as Doctorate or post-graduate studies in Australia||5|
|Skilled employment outside Australia||Australian immigration points|
|Less than 3 years||0|
|Skilled employment in Australia||Australian immigration points|
|Less than 1 year||0|
|Partner skill qualifications||Points|
|Spouse has a PR visa or is an Australian citizen||10|
|Spouse has competent English and has a Positive Skill Assessment||10|
|Spouse has only competent English||5|
|Points allotted for extra activities|
|Study in a regionalAustralia||5 points|
|Accredited in community language||5 points|
|Professional year in a skilled program in Australia||5 points|
|State sponsorship/nomination (190 visas)||5 points|
By using the above information, you can get an idea about how many points you would get in the Australia PR points calculator.
Can I get Australian PR with 75 points?
Although 75 points is a good score, this alone doesn’t guarantee you a visa. The points required to clear the second stage of the process (SkillSelect), varies from profile to profile.
There are professionals from certain occupations who get a PR visa with just 65 points. And there are certain occupations which require you to score 85 points.
How can I get maximum points in the points calculator of Australia?
The maximum points are allotted if you have the following criteria:
|Deciding Factors for skills assessment||Best points are given for||Maximum Australia immigration points|
|Age||25-33 years||30 points|
|English proficiency||8 bands||20 points|
|Work Experience outside Australia||8-10 years||15 points|
|Work Experience in Australia||8-10 year||20 points|
|Education (Doctorate degree)||outside Australia||20 points|
|Doctorate degree or master’s degree||If done in Australian educational institution||5 points|
|Study in a regional Australia||5 points|
|State sponsorship (190 visas)||5 points|
|A year in a skilled program inAustralian study||5 points|
|Accredited in community language||5 points|
If you satisfy the criteria in the above fashion, you can get maximum points in the points calculator and ensure Australian immigration.
How do I know if I am eligible for Australian PR?
You can do self-assessment by taking into consideration, all your eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria that decide whether you can get qualified to become Australian Permanent Resident are:
- You should be below 45 years.
- The minimum Australian study requirement for the general skilled migration to Australia is a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. But, having a master’s degree or doctorate as educational qualification, would get you more points in the points calculator.
- You need to have your occupation listed in the skilled occupation list of Australia. Different immigration programs have requirements that are satisfied by different occupations list. You need to have skills in occupations according to the immigration program you are applying for.
- You need to have English language proficiency. This can be tested by different tests like IELTS, PTE, TOEFL iBT. points will be awarded according to your talent in English proficiency.
- You need to have work experience in the profession you have chosen. The minimum experience you need to have is 3 years to get an Australian permanent residency. The more experience you have the more points you will score in the points calculator.
- You need to have funds to support yourself and your family in Australia.
- Medical tests will test your mental and physical fitness.
- Police clearance certificates are needed to show that you do not have any criminal record and that you would not become a threat to the peace and harmony of Australia after migrating to the country.
- You can apply for the sponsorships or nominations of the states or territories of Australia. If you get one from any state, it will fetch you more points. There are special immigration programs for you if you get sponsorship.
What are the main immigration programs?
The major programs used for skilled migration are:
How much PTE exam score is required for Australian PR?
Pearson Tests of English is a computer-based English proficiency test. Australian government accepts PTE as the test to check an applicant’s English proficiency.
|English proficiency level||Component tested||PTE (Academic) score||The score obtained in the points calculator|
|Functional||All components combined||30||Not eligible for Australian PR|
|Vocational||Listening||36||Not eligible for Australian PR|
|Vocational||Reading||36||Not eligible for Australian PR|
|Vocational||Writing||36||Not eligible for Australian PR|
|Vocational||Speaking||36||Not eligible for Australian PR|
|Competent||Listening||50||Eligible but no points awarded|
|Competent||Reading||50||Eligible but no points awarded|
|Competent||Writing||50||Eligible but no points awarded|
|Competent||Speaking||50||Eligible but no points awarded|
If you get points above 50 and below 65, then you will be eligible to apply for PR, but you will not score any points in the points calculator.
How much IELTS score is required to get Australian PR?
The points allotted to IELTS score are given below:
|IELTS Score||Points Allocated|
|Competent level (A Score of 6.0 or more)||0|
|Proficient English (A Score of 7.0 or more)||10|
|Superior English (A Score of 8.0 or more)||20|
How can I increase my Australian PR points?
- You can improve your educational qualifications by doing a distance education course or a diploma.
- You can increase your score in the English language test by giving the test again. This can be achieved by preparing consistently and persistently.
- You can get a nomination or sponsorship from a state or territory of Australia and get additional points.
- If you have studied in Australia for a period of time, it will fetch additional points for you.
- If you studied in regional Australia, it will fetch additional points.
What are the benefits of the Australian Permanent Residency?
- You can travel to and from Australia. You can travel to any part of the country without restrictions.
- You can become a part of the country’s world-class health care system. You can enjoy the benefits of this care for free or for highly subsidized prices if you become a permanent resident.
- You or your kids or spouse can study in Australian universities.
- Your spouse can work in the country, without any permission.
- You can get high earning job opportunities in the multi-national companies in Australia.
- Along with your family, you can enjoy a great lifestyle. Your future generations can settle in the beautiful and advanced country of Australia.
- You can subsequently apply for Australian citizenship.
What is the role of immigration consultancies in getting you an Australian PR?
A reputed immigration consultant would provide every assistance and guidance required for the Australia immigration process.
The following are the services provided by a migration agent:
- The consultancy would provide assistance in evaluating your eligibility criteria.
- They will provide exact documentation requirements and would guide you to submit them on time.
- The consultants will help you in securing a job before leaving for Australia with their job search services. They will do so with the help of job search portals. They will look after the job search process and reduce a lot of hassle and tension for you.
- The resume writing services of the visa consultancies also provide very useful assistance. The professional writers will provide you a resume that surpasses the robotic filtering system and make your resume reach the employer. They make sure that your resume/CV will maintain the standards, liked by Australian employers.
- Another service that is much needed for immigrants is the post-landing service. After reaching Australia, the consultancy will provide you assistance in getting to know your surroundings and find your foot in the new environment.
Flying to Australia is a dream for many professionals. Settling there permanently is a dream of many families. With a Australia PR visa, both dreams can be fulfilled successfully.