Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Is it possible to become a Canada PR while being a Canadian student?

Canada is a country for future growth. The country offers globalized education from every corner. You can also migrate to Canada and enhance your educational career with a study visa. Additionally, your international student experience will help in obtaining the Canada PR status.

The five-year Canada PR status provides a range of benefits your livelihood:

  • You are protected under the Canadian protection law.
  • You are allowed for obtaining promotional offers on your education.
  • There is no tax payment needed for your work experience outside of Canada.
  • Free health care service for you and your family.
  • You can enjoy social and economic benefits.
  • Can apply for citizenship after meeting the required eligibility.

Are there any specific programs for students to apply for Canada PR?

There more than 60 programs to migrate to Canada. Follow the below-mentioned programs, if you are aiming for Canadian Permanent Resident.

Canadian Experience Class:

Canadian Experience Class is one of the immigration programs of Express Entry System. You can qualify to apply by having at least one-year Canadian work experience. If you are a Canadian student, then you need to have a post-secondary school on a full-time basis.

The benefits of this program include:

  • You will be able to get a good CRS score with least one-year Canadian work experience.
  • There is less documentation need; hence you can process your application faster.
  • You needn’t show proof funds in your process.

Quebec Experience Class: This is one of the pathways through Quebec to get Canada PR. With your educational experience with CEGEP, Bachelor’s or Master’s/Ph. D /the vocational degree you can apply for this program. Additionally, you are even eligible without work experience.

Provincial Nominee Program:

Except for Quebec, the remaining provinces take part under the Provincial Nominee Program for nominating candidates. If your profile matches the requirements of any province, you receive a nomination. The benefit of this program is that you can gain an extra 600 points. The points sum up to your CRS score for increasing your chances for Canada PR.

PNPs helping international students to apply for Canada PR are:

  • British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
  • Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
  • Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
  • Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
  • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
  • Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program (NS PNP)

What is the need for an international student to work in Canada?

You need to get a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work permit program. Successful graduation from a designated learning institute (DLI) will make you eligible.

  • You will be provided the same length of the study program if your study program is more than 8 months and less than 2 years.
  • You will get a 3 years length if your study program is over 2 years.
  • If your program is for one study program, then your work permit will combine for your combined duration of each program.

However, your study program should be eligible under Post- Graduation Work permit program with at least 8 months tenure.

Will Kansas provide me good immigration experience?

There are many immigration agents all around, but among the many, Kansas Overseas Careers can be the best. The expert teams will provide you excellent support for your immigration process. You can get enrolled for a free visa assessment to know your chances. For more information, speak to their consultants; call@ 040-40307077.

Show CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment