Top 9 Universities in Australia in 2020
There are about 43 well-known universities in Australia. Of these, forty are public, two international and one is a private university. Some of these educational institutions are the most prestigious and high-ranking world universities. Eight Australian universities are ranked among the top 100 universities in the world as per the latest Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings.
Gain an Internationally Recognized Qualification
With an internationally recognized qualification, you can efficiently prepare yourself for life and work. You can effectively be a part of the global community with –
- Flexible Study Options
- State-of-the-Art Teaching Practices
- Unbeatable Academic Excellence
- Excellence in Research
- Courses Conducted by Expert Professionals
Your study in a top Australian university will be a life-changing experience that can roll-out plenty of opportunities. Here is a comprehensive guide for Indian students looking forward to studying in Australia.
Top Universities in Australia
Australia is a popular study destination for international students. Quality of education is one of the many reasons why international students prefer to join universities in Australia. There are several universities here that consistently rank high among the universities of the world. Here is a list of some of the top universities in Australia.
1. The Australian National University (ANU)
Undoubtedly, this world university located in Canberra, the capital city of Australia has a unique history. With ties to the Australian Government, this Australian university focuses on excellence in research and education.
ANU ensures that graduates from here are well prepared to address complex challenges and are in demand the world over.
2. University of Melbourne
This university was established in 1853. It is a public-spirited institution making distinctive contributions to society for enriching and transforming lives. The University of Melbourne is excellent in research, learning, and engagement.
This excellent temple of education helps graduates become well-rounded, thoughtful, and skilled professionals. The Melbourne Model features a distinctive curriculum that gives students a wider understanding. The Master of Electrical Engineering course will allow you to develop unique skills to build and improve our power and telecommunication systems.
3. University of Sydney
Founded on the principle of giving everyone an equal opportunity to realize their potential through quality education, the University of Sydney currently ranks 4th in the world. While focusing on research this university in Sydney offers the broadest range of disciplines.
With state-of-the-art facilities, the world the University of Sydney imparts high-class teaching and learning along with vibrant campus life. International students here can attain widely recognized and respected qualifications that can fast-track their ambitions.
4. Monash University
There is a global community at Monash University from across the world, including India. The university allows Masters Degree students an opportunity to work closely with the industry in search of solutions to global problems.
You will be empowered here right from tackling human rights issues to improving global health outcomes for a sustainable environment. With campuses across Australia, China, Malaysia, and India, this university also features international partnerships and study abroad programs around the world.
5. University of Queensland (UQ)
Queensland University has maintained a global reputation for creating a positive change for more than a century. The University of Queensland effectively delivers knowledge leadership for a better world. This is one of the only three Australian universities that has consistently ranked among the worlds’ top universities.
More than 53,600 students are studying here across three beautiful campuses in South-East Queensland of which 18,000 international students usually contribute to the diverse, supportive, and inclusive campus community.
6. University of Adelaide
The University of Adelaide is a world-class education facility that creates a better tomorrow for you. Undergo an outstanding study experience here that has never been more accessible. Don’t put your future on hold and do what you love to do and become what you wish to.
The University of Adelaide is one of the most research-intensive Australian institutions. It engages with the government, industry, alumni, donors, and the wider community to enable the transformative effect of university education.
7. Swinburne University
Swinburne University does everything they can to get you job-ready. With over 110-year old history, they are committed to high-quality teaching. This university is an educational leader in the field of science, technology, design, business, and innovation.
There are several good reasons for you to join Swinburne University. Firstly, it is an internationally recognized university with industry connections providing a work-place experience. Providing high-quality research and teaching capacity, it offers cutting-edge facilities that enhance learning. Access the Swinburne advantage that offers flexible study options.
8. University of South Australia (UniSA)
Start your unstoppable career at the University of South Australia. You can choose from more than 200 world-class degrees designed here in partnership with the industry. An ideal place to take your knowledge to higher levels alongside gaining the experience your profession demands.
UniSA is one of the worlds’ top young universities. International students considering a future can experience modern facilities an be taught by academics who are some of the best experts in their field. Of the 200 degrees it has to offer, you can always choose what suits your career ambitions.
9. University of Western Australia (UWA)
You’ll be joining accomplished graduates becoming global professionals at the UWA. This university will prepare in shaping your future career goals and acquire the skills you need to succeed. At UWA you will go through a distinctive experience-rich curriculum alongside outstanding learning that can provide you knowledge and adaptability to make a difference.
Good reasons to study at UWA include a vibrant student experience and an innovative course structure that is only one of its kind. A bachelor’s degree at UWA is an investment in the future. It is a public research university that continues to attract high-caliber and globally recognized students, researchers, and staff including the Nobel Laureate Professor Barry Marshall.
The Best University in Australia
Australia features 43 universities of which Australian National University (ANU) is once again the top public university in the country this year despite dropping a couple of places in global rankings. These rankings are based upon research impact, academic and employer reputations, and more.
- #1 in Australia – Being #24 in world rankings, ANU is still ranked #1 in Australia according to the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings.
- #1 for Employability – ANU was ranked at #21 in the world and #1 in Australia for graduate employability according to the Global University Employability Ranking 2017. You get job-ready here.
- Future-Focused – While offering unique and modern bachelor’s degrees designed to meet the challenges of the future, ANU is innovative. It prepares you for success in the changing world.
ANU Is at the Forefront of Technology
ANU showcases intellectual leadership that brings transformational experience to our communities. Events and activities at ANU engage governments, research, and teaching institutes with students and staff to contribute to conversions on major issues facing the world.
The academic staff at ANU are at the forefront of technological development and exploration in the fields of arts, earth sciences, computer sciences, chemical, human health, and public policy.
Other aspects of ANU that keep it in the forefront include –
- Interactive Learning – This approach to higher education is founded upon building student engagement through guided social interaction.
- Major Initiatives – The Reimagine Project at ANU is a major initiative addressing the role of engineering and computing in the 21st century.
- Understanding Complex Initiatives – This interactive program at ANU has an outstanding international academic reputation for social science research and training through demographic research.
- Outstanding International Reputation – The ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science is a community of innovative researchers, students, and teachers where you can successfully gain skills, knowledge, and experience required by the evolving job market.
Applying to Universities in Australia
Applications in Australian universities are accepted throughout the year from overseas students. There are usually two intakes in each academic session in February and July or November with specific variations to the academic calendar of the university.
Nevertheless, you should apply as soon as possible since the visa process takes anywhere between 1 Day to 12 Weeks turnaround time. Aim to have your application submitted by mid-November or late-December for the February intake. You should also be completing the application by May for the July intake.
Here are the 5 steps that will help you with the course application.
- Choose Your Course and the University – Research the courses, universities, and their locations before considering areas of specialization. Subsequently, see which institution offers scholarship and best suits your requirements.
- Time to Apply – You can directly submit an inquiry to the institution of your choice. Check the academic and English language entry requirements to ensure that you are eligible.
- Get Your Application Processed – Your application will be assessed by the education provider and the result will be notified. This may take a few weeks or even more for postgraduate applications.
- Accept the Offer – You will receive a letter of an offer after your application is accepted. Read carefully and evaluate any conditions that may apply. You will have to pay tuition fees before receiving a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE).
- Prepare for Departure – It is now time to apply for your student visa. You can either use the CoE or the letter of the offer while applying for a student visa. You can now organize your Overseas Student Health Cover, plane tickets, and your accommodation in Australia.
You are likely to receive an admissions package with information for your journey to Australia from the education provider. The details may include financial information, facts about location, course, accommodation options, and details about orientation programs.
Why is Australia the Best Country to Study?
Australia has a lot more to offer than you expect. The country is friendly, laid-back alongside an excellent higher education system with a high standard of living.
Other aspects that make Australia the best country for studies are –
- It is the third most popular destination for international students in the English-speaking world.
- Graduates from Australian universities are highly soft after professionals due to the impressive education system.
- While living expenses and tuition costs are considerably lower, the standard of living in Australia is among the highest in the world.
- International students can easily find the field that is right for them as Australian educational institutions offer a variety of courses and degrees.
- Technology is the most appealing aspect for international students looking to study in Australia. This country is at the forefront of technology and innovations.
- You are allowed to work for about 20 hours per week while studying in Australia. International students can earn money to offset living expenses during their stay in the country.
Welcome to Australia
Well known for its multinational and safe environment, Australia’s universities offer an excellent life for international students. Quite a few Australian university rankings feature in the top 100 world rankings. You have ample scope to learn, grow, and travel while studying in this subcontinent.