Cost & Fees to Get Australia PR Visa from India
With 8 years of experience in the overseas division, Sindhura is a specialist in Canada, Australia, UK and Germany visa process.
Australia is one of today’s most economic-friendly country to apply for PR.
However, before doing so, understanding the cost of the immigration process is important.
What is Australia PR fees?
The total cost of PR for Australia for the primary applicant is AUD $4045. The fee vary from one applicant to another based on their skill assessing body.
Stage 1: Skills Assessment
Fees in Australian Dollar : AUD 250 - AUD 4000
Fees in Indian Rupees : 12,000INR - 1,92,000INR
The first stage of the Australia visa process involves accreditation of your work experience and skills.
This is done by an accrediting or accessing body of Australia and the process is called as Skills Assessment. Different occupations have different assessing bodies.
Stage 2: English Proficiency Test
Fees in Australian Dollars: AUD 180 - AUD587
Fees in Indian Rupees: 8,700INR - 28,100INR
To migrate to Australia, you need to be proficient in English language. This is one of the mandatory aspects to proceed with your Australian immigration process.
The proficiency of your English language must be proved by taking up any English language test that is approved by the Australian government.
In 2020, skilled workers can take any of the following test to prove their language proficiency in the English language:
- PTE Academic
- Cambridge CAE
Cost of each English test
|IELTS||AUD 236.98 (11300INR)|
|TOEFL||AUD 180 (8583.04 INR)|
|PTE Academic||AUD 278.92 (13,300 INR)|
|OET||AUD 587.00 (28,100 INR)|
|Cambridge (CAE)||AUD 320 (6,000INR)|
Stage 3: State Nomination Application (If applicable)
Fee in Australian Dollars: AUD 0 – AUD 300
Fee in Indian Rupees: 0 – 14,400INR
After you have lodged your Expression of Interest with Skill Select, you are all set with your visa process.
However, for candidates who are eligible for a State sponsorship and want to utilize their chances for a faster visa success can apply for a State Sponsorship.
For this, they need to apply for the Subclass 189 visa program.
Through this program, their profile gets in view of Australian States and if it meets their requirements, the State can nominate them for the PR visa.
Stage 4: Visa Application (after ITA)
In Australian Dollars
Fee for primary applicant : AUD 4045
Fee for dependent over 18years : AUD 2020
Fee for dependent below 18years : AUD 1015
In Indian Rupees
Fee for primary applicant : 1,92,838INR
Fee for dependent over 18years : 96,400INR
Fee for dependent below 18years: 48,388INR
Once you are selected, you receive an Invitation to Apply for the visa. This means it us time now that you submit your final visa application to the DINP after paying a relevant visa fee
Along with this fee you must submit certified copies of your professional work experience and other formal documents (discussed in the later section of this article).
Stage 5: Medical Exams and Police Certificates
Fee in Australian Dollars : AUD 94
Fee in Indian Rupees : 4,500INR
To enter Australia, you and your accompanying dependents are required to prove a good health and moral character. For this, medical certificates and police clearance certificates are asked as an evidence.
The cost for medical exam is approximately AUD 94(4500 INR) per person and the police clearance certificate costs depends on the state or the city you are living in.
Generally, the government will ask you to submit police clearance certificate of every country or places where you have lived more than 12 months.
What is the qualification required to get Australian PR?
Besides the cost, understanding the requirements to migrate to Australia are equally important. Below are thorough details that will help you understand the same:
Getting the Australian PR visa involves a point-based method. This means every eligibility criteria that you fulfill adds points to your applications.
The more points your application has, lesser will be your visa processing time. Some of the basic requirements that you should fulfill for the Australian PR include:
- You should be in the age limit of below 45 year INR for Australian residence.
- It is important that you have the adequate skill set when waiting for the visa approval. This means that you must fit into the skill set released by the Australian Immigration and Border Protection Department every year.
If you fall under the highly rated category list, you can expect to get the invitation for Australian PR.
One of the most common skills that the immigration authorities looks for is your work experience. If you have a work experience of at 3-4 years you become a better candidate than most.
The points in your visa application is mostly determined by the following criteria:
- It is important that you have a good record in your academic qualification. This is accredited in Australia or overseas and adds to the point test.
- If you want to study or work in Australia, you have to fulfill the minimum requirement in the English proficiency test.
- All applicants have to mandatorily appear for the IELTS test. You need a minimum of 6 points for listening, reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Along with these you will also have to appear for the TOEFL, PTE and CAE tests and fulfill their minimum visa requirements in order to be eligible for Australian citizenship.
- Your occupation doesn’t add points to your application. However, it is very important that you fall in any of the categories in high demanding occupation list because this adds an edge to your visa application and keeps you ahead of your peers.
- As a PR applicant, you will have to send an ‘expression of interest’ to the Australian immigration authority online. This will have a detailed account of why do you want to migrate to Australia and for how long.
This will also have the information of you are looking for a temporary visa or a permanent visa.
- You will also have to clear the medical examination to ensure that you are a healthy citizen and fit to travel and reside in another country. You will also get additional benefit if you have an existing health insurance.
- You will also have to provide a clearance certificate from the police which will prove that you have no criminal records in your existing country.
It might seem that there are too many requirements to be eligible to permanent residency in Australia. However, the fact is if you have cleared everything honestly, this is just a cake walk.
Documents required for the permanent residency
The documents required for the permanent residence status may vary depending upon the province you are applying for. The documents that are common for all provinces of Australia include:
- A valid passport.
- Age proof to validate that you are below the stated age.
- Skill assessment proof that is a sign that you fit into the skill requirement as released by the authorities.
- IELTS reports/results.
- You will also have to provide a letter from your employer. This adds a lot of value and keeps you ahead of other visa applicants.
- If you have a partner who is dependent on you and would migrate to Australia along with you, it is mandatory to provide their IELTS reports too, work experience reports and marriage certificate (only if applicable).
These are the basic documents required across Australia. However, you will have to check for individual requirements when you apply for migration in specific provinces.
How can you get a PR in Australia?
Just like any other process, applying for Australian residence is a legal process under Australian migration law.
Here are the few steps that you need to undergo to get an Australian PR:
- In the first step, the accreditation bodies determines your qualification. It is mostly relevant for different professions. Once it is determined and you fulfill the work experience requirements, you would get a letter if accreditation.This process usually takes 2 to 3 months.
- It is mandatory for all non-native speakers of English to take an English exam. IELTS is the most common test for English proficiency. There are 4 parts- speaking, reading, writing and listening. You must obtain at least 6 out of 9 in each of these parts.
- After this you will have to send an ‘expression of interest’ online for your visa application. After this you will receive an invitation from the Australian government. This process carries no cost.
- If you are applying through the state nominated visa, you have to apply for a nomination of a state government. Each state has different set of requirement. It usually takes up to a 1 month to get a decision on this.
- After this you will have to apply for your PR visa. To do this, you will have to send documents like professional and work experience documents, certified translation and other relevant documents.
- You will have to mandatorily abide by the health and character requirements. Once you have sent your application, you have to take a medical examination by a doctor who is registered with the Australian embassy or consulate.
Along with the primary applicant, dependents including the partner or dependent children have to take this test. You will also have to send the character certificate you got from the police.
How long does it take to get a PR in Australia?
The time taken to get an Australian PR is calculated from the time you have applied for the visa. Usually, it takes anywhere between 6 months to 8 months to complete the entire process.
However, if there is any discrepancy in your documents and there are missing documents, it can take longer than the stipulated time.
Having said that, it is important to note that each step has its own turnaround time.
- The process of accreditation of studies and work experience can take anywhere between 2 to 3 months.
- The turnaround time for the IELTS report and the skill assessment can take anywhere between 2 to 4 months.
- If you are applying through state nomination process, it will take another 1 to 4 weeks.
The time for the other processes involved is calculated as the time between the completions of the process from the applicant’s end to the time taken by the authorities to send back their evaluation.
The time can vary from state to state or from application to application. Now that you have all the details about the Australian PR, go ahead and check your eligibility for the PR visa.
If needed seek help from an immigration officer for a seamless migration experience.