What are the type of Dubai visit visas from India?
Are you in need of obtaining a visa to visit Dubai? Dubai is a destination known for tourism. It is much popularly known for its rich culture and outstanding lifestyle in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Every year millions of people from all over the world visit and spend a wonderful time.
Below you find the statistics regarding the growth of tourist for Dubai:
|Year||Number of Tourists|
The interest for visiting Dubai is increasing year by year. Additionally, Indians remain as the top international source market for arriving into Dubai. Last year, 16 million international people travelled to Dubai on visit purpose, and Indians account over 2 million travelers.
What are the Dubai visit visa types?
There are two types of visit visas:
90-Day Long-term Visit Visa
- Non-renewable visa with 60 days validity from the issue date
- Non-renewable visa with 90 days validity from the arrival date
30-day Short-term Visit Visa
- Non-renewable visa with 30 days validity from the issue date
- Non-renewable visa with 30 days validity from the arrival date
Can Dubai Tourist visa for Indians obtain visa on arrival for visiting Dubai?
According to the acts laid by the UAE Cabinet, it has come into effect on 1st March 2017 that Indians can (only) get Dubai visa on arrival by having a valid US visa card or green card while arriving to Dubai.
What are the eligibility criteria for Dubai Visa?
If you are planning to visit Dubai, then you should be capable to meet the below mentioned eligibility criterion:
- If you are under 21 years, then you should be accompanied by an immediate relative (i.e. either parents or siblings above 21 years).
- Female passengers irrespective of any should be accompanied with father, or adult brother, or husband or adult son or by an immediate relative.
- Traveling insurance is mandatory for the travelers.
What is the fee requirement for Dubai Visit Visa?
|Visa Type||Required Fee amount|
|Visit Visa – Duration of Stay – 90days||805 AED|
|Tourist Visa – Duration of Stay- 30days||335 AED|
|Service Visa– Duration of Stay – 14 days||335 AED|
|Multi-entry Long-term Visa for 90 Days||1655 AED|
|Tourist Visa – Express 30 Days||415 AED|
|Service Visa – Express 14 Days||415 AED|
|Multi-entry Short-term Visa for 30 Days||655 AED|
|Cancellation Charge||110 AED|
What is the processing time for Dubai Visit Visa?
The general processing time for the visa types is 72 hours, i.e. 3 UAE working days. However, these 3 working days cannot include Friday, Saturday, and any UAE holiday. Also, the processing time can even depend upon the status obtained from the UAE Security Department.
What are the documents needed for Dubai visit visa?
While processing your applications for the Dubai Visit Visa, you need to be very specific while providing every document. Failure in any submission can lead your application to face hurdles.
- Need to provide an application form which does not have any incomplete information.
- Should be able to provide copies relating to the sponsor’s passport and family members passport.
- If you are sponsoring your partner or spouse, then you should be able to provide valid documents which prove your relationship.
- If you are sponsoring children, then you should be able to provide their birth certificates.
- Copies of identity proofs.
- Recent Photographs.
- If employed, need to provide employer statement, salary statements, etc.
- Cover letter relating your visit purpose and duration of the stay.
- Financial funds to support your stay.
How to apply for Dubai Tourist Visa?
The steps which are required to apply for Dubai Tourist visa include:
Step 1: You need to fill the tourist visa application form.
Step 2: Fix valid photos for the application form.
Step 3: Take a print of the application form and put your signature from the specified location.
Step 4: Need to provide all valid documents for your visa application process.
Step 5: Submit your application form to the UAE Visa Processing Centre with required amount of fees.
Step 6: Once you are done with application submission, you can check the status online.
How to renew or extend Dubai tourist visa?
All types of Visit Visas and tourist visas can be extended for 30 days two times by renewing. For renewing it for second time, it has to be applied before the expiry of the first one. Overstaying on the visa without renewing can make the visitors pay a penalty of AED 100 for each overstaying day. This period of overstay will be calculated from the 10 days of the visa expiry.
As per the new rule, the visa extension is not applicable for the below categories:
- For the visitors and tourist residing in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries.
- Residents who are accompanying with GCC nationals.
- People who have migrated on 96 hour permit for special missions.
- People who have visited Dubai on special entry permits.
What is Dubai Tourist Visa?
If you are a non-citizen aiming to visit Dubai, then you need to get a visit visa from Dubai. With the visa, you are allowed to spend your leisure time. Since, it is a short-period visa; you may be expected to leave the country is 30 or 90 days. However, there are even ways to convert the UAE visit visa to either employment or residence visa.
Differentiate between Dubai visit visa and tourist visa.
|Dubai Tourist Visa||Dubai Visit Visa|
|Purpose||For visiting the country as a tourist for sightseeing purpose||For visiting the country for either on business or sightseeing purpose.|
|Duration||The visa enables to stay for either 14/30days; however it is possible to extend it for 40 days.||The visa helps you to stay for a maximum of 90 days.|
|Validity||2 Months from the date of issue.||6 Months from the date of issue.|
|Price||Moderate||Expensive than the tourist visa.|
|Sponsorship||The sponsor can be a relative or friend or a local of travel or hotel agency.||The sponsor must be a UAE resident.|
|Conversion||It cannot be converted into other visas.||Possible for converting the visa into an Employment visa by meeting the needs.|
Can people moving to Dubai on tourist visa change their visa type?
The people on tourist visa cannot apply or change their status to investor/partner visa, employment visa or family/residence visa. If they plan to change it, they have to leave Dubai and again enter into Dubai with a new visa.
What are the dos and don’ts while applying for Dubai tourist visa?
When applying for the Dubai tourist visa, it is essential for you to follow few dos and don’ts. These help your process to move in an easier way.
- Need to fill the application form with valid information.
- Apply for the visa minimum 4-7 days of your journey.
- Take a print of the approved visa copy, so that you do not face issues in showing the copy to the control section.
- Must not provide any fake documents.
- Should not hide any personal fact about you in the visa application.
- Do not purchase the air tickets before visa approval. If planning to buy tickets, then make sure to purchase refundable tickets.
What are the visit visa provisions for GCC nationals?
For the nationals belonging to the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) do not need a visa to visit the UAE. They are granted a visa upon arrival to the UAE with valid passports. The list of GCC countries are:
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
What are the Dubai visit visa requirements for GCC Citizens?
The visa requirements which are needed for the GCC citizens are:
- There is no need of obtaining a visa to visit the UAE or Dubai.
- Non citizens belonging to high-level officials such as managers, doctors, engineers, etc. can have a 30-day non-renewable visa available at all the airports in the UAE upon arrival.
Tourists from the rest over nationalities have to get a visa before they enter into the country. However, they can even contact to a local sponsor from the UAE or an immigration consultant, etc.
Which countries receive 90 days visa on arrival – Non-extendable?
There are few countries which do not need a visa to enter the UAE and can obtain a Dubai visa upon arrival for 90 days. However, these visas are non-extendable.
Things to be taken care:
- The citizens of the country get a visa upon arrival for 90 days from the entry date from their normal passports.
- The visa they hold is non-renewable.
- The passport they hold should have a validity of more than six months.
- Within the 180 days from the first entry, the visa holders have to use the 90-day visa upon arrival.
Which countries have extendable 90-day visa on arrival?
The countries to which the extendable 90-day visa on arrival is issued are:
The things which have to be taken care are:
- The people or the citizens belonging from the above countries can get a visa upon arrival for 90 days from the entry date with the normal passports.
- The visa type is extendable.
- The passports the candidates hold has to be with more than six months.
Which countries can get 30-day visa on arrival?
The citizens of the countries which can get 30-day visa on arrival for 30 days with a 10-day grace time of extension are:
|Vatican City||Hong Kong||Ireland||Japan|
|United Kingdom||United States of America|
Things to be taken care:
- You can obtain a visa upon arrival for 30 days from the entry date with the normal passports of the candidates.
- The visa can be extendable with a total validity of 60 days from the entry date.
- The passports you hold have to be normal with a validity of over six months.
- This visa type is also referred as multi-entry visa allowing the visa holder to spend 30-day validity despite of where you are, i.e. in or out of the UAE.
- Any number days spent outside of the UAE will be calculated from the 40-day validity.
What is Transit Visa?
Transit visa types are sponsored by the UAE based airlines and they have to get processed and approved before moving ahead for the UAE. The visas under this category are not extendable. The UAE government issues two types of UAE transit visas:
- 48 Hours Visa: This visa is of free of cost.
- 96 hours Visa: This isn’t a free visa and it cost 50 AED.
Where should I start my Dubai application process?
Are you wondering how the application process moves for Dubai Visa? You need not worry more; we are here to provide guidance. We are one among the leading immigration agents serving trusted services for our clients. You can also get your application started by consulting to experts.