Germany Job Seeker Visa details (2019)
After being a student's favourite choice for years, Germany is now attracting a million of skilled workers to work and settle in the country for a long-time.
Check out this graph to understand how unemployment has reduced year-by-year in Germany, making itself the best place in Europe to find work.
1. What is the Germany Job Seeker Visa Scheme?
The Germany Jobseeker Visa is an initiative by the German Federal Government to encourage qualified professionals enter into the country, find a job of their choice and settle to work on a long-term.
By obtaining this visa, a skilled worker gets access to the German job market. He can enter the country, travel anywhere and look out for a job at a local level.
He gets a time period 6 months to stay in the country, until he finds a job. Once he finds a job on this visa, he can apply for a work permit followed by a German permanent residency status.
However, this scheme binds the visa holder to not work on this visa until he converts it into a work-permit.
2. What is the total cost involved in getting a job seeker visa for Germany?
Before applying for any visa, knowing the costs and financial requirements will help you make an informed decision. Here are the expenses you will have to bear during the visa process, in two stages.
Stage 1: Funds required during the visa process
- Visa Fees: INR 5,800
- Document Verification Fees: INR 30,000
Is document verification fees for us? No. The Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) requires to check your educational and occupational credentials in several cases.
This is done to understand whether your skills meet the German standards.
Stage 2: Funds to prove your financial stability
- Travel Insurance of Atleast 6 Months: Costs depends upon your selected scheme
- Fund Maintenance: Approx. INR 3,17,152.64 (4000€)
Note: Other miscellaneous fees may be applicable depending upon your case file. The above does not include visa consultant fee.
3. What is the Eligibility Criteria of Germany Job Seeker Visa?
Alike any visa that grants you entry and travel rights of a foreign country, you are required to meet certain eligibility parameters to apply for a Germany job seeker visa. These include:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a subjects related to STEM (from a recognized University)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an occupation that has high demand in Germany's labour market*
- Sufficient funds to proof that you can stay in Germany without any financial dependency on government or any other body
- Medical Coverage plan (that takes care of your health related expenses until you receive a Germany Work Permit)
If you have noticed, this visa has several benefits in terms of eligibility parameters There is:
- No restriction of age
- No points based system
- No English test required
- Least funds required
*Having your job listed in Germany's most in-demand occupation list is a mandate requirement. To know whether your occupation is featured in this list, consult our Germany visa consultant.
4. What is The Process to Apply for the Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The process of German Job Seeker visa is simple and involves only a 5-stage journey.
Step1: Documentation and Verification
Step2: Apply Visa
Step3: Book Interview
Step4: Attend visa Interview
Step5: Sign up for Job Search Service
While this is an overview of the process, the finer details of Germany job seeker visa can be collected from our consultant at any of our nearest branches.
Kansas Overseas Careers has been helping students as well as professionals to migrate to Germany through various visa pathways and shall be glad to assist you too
5. What is the Processing time to get Germany Job Seeker Visa
According to the general rule of the consulate, the processing time of Germany Job Seeker Visa takes nearly 4 to 6 weeks.
However, this processing time majorly depends upon how quick you are in submitting all the documents that are required for the process.
You have to keep in mind that the consulate in some cases asks for verification of documents before processing.
So, to ensure the process does not prolong, you need to keep all documents ready and submit it accurately on time.
6. What are the required documents should you prepare to support your eligibility in 2019?
The verification procedure of your documents will be conducted by the Embassy or the local German consulate in your city. The verification procedures usually take between 8 to 12 weeks.
Please keep in mind that the German Consulate has the right to ask for some additional documents. Specifically for certain professions like nurses, medical doctors, pharmacists, and teachers.
Important: Submission of all-above mentioned documents does not guarantee that your visa is granted.
Submission of application with incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for the visa interview may also result in the rejection of your Germany job seeker visa application.
7. How difficult is it to find a job in Germany for Indians in 2019?
According to Wikipedia, Germany homed nearly 110,204 Indians in 2009. Sources reveal this number has grown by 10 times in the last 10 years.
These statistics prove well how easy is to settle in Germany for Indians.
There is a great demand for qualified mechanical, automotive, electrical and construction engineers, IT professionals, trained nurses and doctors, and teachers.
The reason why Indians are high in demand in Germany because a majority of Indian students opt for degrees of streams where Germany has skills shortage as well highest scope of employment and income.
Image Source: India Today
With a majority of Indian population representing occupations of these sectors, the demand for their talent in Germany is always high.
Hence, it is not at all difficult for an Indian citizen with a Germany job seeker visa to get a job in Germany.
Bonus: Tips to find a job in Germany from one of our applicants who migrated to Germany on a Job Seeker Visa and settled successfully:
- Migrate to Germany on Job Seeker Visa. This gives you a 6 months access to Germany's local job search market, visit companies and attend interviews in person.
- Try to show an experience of at least 2-3 in a Multinational Corporation.
- Try to learn the German language, especially if you belong to the Engineering field (the sector with highest scope of employment in Germany)
- As labor laws are very strict in Germany, be very careful during job hunting. Taking help from expert in preparing your resume and a descriptive cover letter will get your profiles utmost impressions.
- Prepare yourself for interviews before you apply for German jobs. Though the employers are friendly and welcoming, there is always a scope getting tricked by their questions.
Kansas Overseas Careers has a team of professionals who can not only help you apply for a Job Seeker visa but also assist you with writers and job search experts for the job hunt process.
Connect with us for a free counselling on moving to Germany on a Job Seeker visa.
8. Does this type of visa help me to get the job contract in 6 months?
The reason why Germany introduced a job seeker visa is to let candidates flow into the country with talent that employers can screen personally and decide on their profiles quickly.
For this reason the visa comes with a validity of only 6 months.
The government was certain that a candidate with the right skills can easily find a job in Germany within 6 months.
However, it is important to note that the candidate is only allowed to hunt for jobs on this visa.
Once he receives a valid job offer from a German employer, he needs to apply for a work-permit to commence his employment.
9. Can you extend a job seeker visa in Germany, if you did not find a job?
While there is least possibility of not finding a job in Germany in 6 months, but always a back-up plan is required.
As the visa holds a validity of 6 months and can be extended only if you find a valid job, you need to leave Germany before the date of visa expiry.
The country allows you to re-apply for the visa under the same process and enter to try your luck again.
10. How Kansas Can Assist You with Germany Job Seeker Visa Process Service?
We have a team of qualified and experienced immigration consultants who specialize in Germany visa process. We cater services that not only meet your visa needs but also serve you beyond:
- Eligibility Check: We help you check whether your occupation is listed in Germany's in-demand list. Along with this, our team guides you to understand that the eligibility requirements, customized document checklist, process and more.
- Visa Application and Follow-up: We apply for the visa on your behalf and follow-up with the concerned authorities to keep you updated on the status.
- Resume Preparation: We have India's finest writers who specialize in preparing German standard resumes and cover letters.
- Job Search Assistance: We cut down your stress of knocking every company for job. Our network is strong, by the help of which we ease your job search process and connect you to employers.
Interview preparation assistance: Firstly, we help you understand what happens during the visa interview. Our team prepares you to pass the interview with a positive result. We also help you prepare for German jobs.
As German employers are keen about several aspects while hiring foreign candidates, we help you crack the code. Our expert job search assistants give you tips and tricks on winning a job in Germany.
Miscellaneous services: With our recognition of being "more than just a visa company", we go the extra mile in providing you services that help you enjoy a comfortable stay in Germany.
From accommodation search help to post-landing services, we cover everything!
Profiles In Demand in Germany - 2019
While the country welcomes professionals of all sectors, it has a special demand for candidates representing the Science, Technology, Engineering and Medical (STEM) sectors.
The Job Seeker Visa Scheme is helping German employers find skilled candidates and fill the vacant positions.