Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany is a federal parliamentary republic in west-central Europe. The country consists of 16 states, and its capital and largest city is Berlin.
With 81.8 million inhabitants, it is the most populous member state in the European Union. Germany is one of the major political and economic powers of the European continent and a historic leader in many theoretical and technical fields
Germany is a major industrial nation and one of the world’s largest economies
What is Germany Job Seeker visa?
Germany Jobseeker Visa is an initiative by the German Federal Government to encourage more qualified professionals from abroad in their country. As from 1 August 2012 graduates with a German or other recognized university degree or a foreign degree comparable to a German degree will be eligible to enter Germany to seek employment. Holders of a jobseeker’s visa may stay in Germany for up to six months to seek employment. To obtain a jobseeker’s visa, applicants must furnish proof of their university degree and that they can support themselves for the planned duration of their stay. While seeking employment, job seekers are not permitted to work, whether on a self-employed basis or otherwise.
How difficult is it to find a job in Germany on this permit for Indians in 2019?
Germany has the largest economy in Europe and is the fifth largest one in the world. Germany also has low unemployment rates and with a shortage of skilled workers in certain professions. There is a great demand for qualified mechanical, automotive, electrical and construction engineers, IT professionals, trained nurses and doctors, and teachers.
So, it is not at all difficult for an Indian citizen with Germany job seeker visa to get a job in Germany. Considering such a job market it should not be difficult to get a job in Germany. If you are well qualified with a professional degree, have some experience in your relative field and know some elementary German you can easily grab a job in Germany.
What are the requirements to get a job seeker visa to Germany?
There are certain prerequisites to be eligible to apply for a job seeker visa to Germany which is as follows
- A Bachelor's degree or Master’s Degree from a recognized university.
- Have at least a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the demand field of labour market of Germany.
- You must be able to show adequate proof that you have sufficient funds to cover your stay in Germany.
- Your entire stay in Germany must be covered by travel or medical insurance until you get your Work Permit.
If you fulfill all these conditions you can consider yourself fit for applying for a Germany job seeker visa.
What is the total cost involved in getting a job seeker visa for Germany?
Getting a jobseeker visa involves charges in different stages. Following is the breakup of the costs incurred.
- The visa fee is 5,800 Indian Rupees.
- Document Verification fee which is approximately 30,000 Indian Rupees. The fee depends on the city you are applying to.
- Travel Insurance for covering your six months stay in the country.
- And other miscellaneous fees
How long will it take to get a job seeker visa for Germany?
Although according to the consulate the visa processing time takes around 4 to 6 weeks to get a Germany job seeker visa. The document collection and due diligence being done by the consulate. Approval of the job seeker visa for Germany is modulated by certain scenarios like additional verification and workload of the German consulate. However, if you are unable to get your visa within eight weeks, then you should immediately contact your respective German consulate and ask for updates.
Can you extend a job seeker visa in Germany, if you did not find a job?
No. it is not possible to extend your job seeker visa in Germany if you are unable to find a job in six months. In such case, you will have to leave Germany and then re-apply for a new job seeker visa only six months after your past job seeker visa had expired. And considering the cost of living in Germany, we suggest you stay between 3-4months.
If I find a job in Germany then how soon you can start working?
You cannot start working in Germany on job seeker visa immediately, even if you manage to get employment. You will have to convert the job seeker visa to work permit visa to work and reside in the country as an immigrant. The work visa can also be converted into a residence permit or permanent residence visa after 3-4years employment.
Does this type of visa help me to get the job and contract easier in Germany?
Yes, surely a job seeker visa will help you get a visa quite easily, provides that you have
- A professional degree with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English with at least elementary German Language knowledge would be an added advantage.
What are the required documents should you prepare to support your eligibility in 2019?
The document checklist that you should keep arranged to support your eligibility are:
- A valid passport which is issued within the last 10 years, with at least 12 months validity left after the scheduled return.
- 1 copy of the data page of your passport.
- 3 passport pictures according to biometric specifications.
- An appropriate cover letter explaining your exact purpose, your strategy to find a job and duration of your stay in Germany as well as further career plans if any.
- Adequate proofs of the academic qualification from a German university or equivalent and relevant previous work experience certificates for your future employment in Germany.
- Your curriculum vitae clearly describing your full education and employment history.
- Proof of your accommodation in Germany like a formal letter will be valued if you are staying with a friend or relative.
- Proof of financial aids to cover your stay in Germany, for example, your bank records.
- Adequate proof of personal status in India like marriage certificate, birth certificate of the applicant, wife, children, Aadhar card, ration card, (with English translation) only if applicable
- Documents of health insurance.
- Demand Draft or cash for verification of documents, unless all your documents have been verified beforehand.
The verification procedure of your documents will be conducted by the Embassy or the local German consulate in your city. The verification procedures usually take between 8 to 12 weeks. Please prepare two sets of application attached with all the above-mentioned documents and bring your original certificates along.
Please keep in mind that the German Consulate has the right to ask for some additional documents. Specifically for certain professions like nurses, medical doctors, pharmacists, and teachers. However, even submission of all the above-mentioned documents does not guarantee that visa your is granted. Submission of application with incomplete documentation or refusal to appear for the visa interview may also result in the rejection of your Germany job seeker visa application.
How Kansas can assist you with Germany visa?
Kansas is the renowned immigration consultants in India for our services. We will assist you with :
- Evaluation – Technical evaluation of your education & work experience to ensure that you are eligible for the Germany Jobseeker Visa.
- Resume Preparation
- Documentation Guidance and filling the application form.
- Assistance with accommodation arrangements and travel & Medical Insurance
- Guidance on preparation of motivation letter.
- Guidance on appointment and submission of application with the Consulate
- Preparation of the personal interview.
- Assistance on getting the residence permit upon approval.
For more information on the process to gain Germany permanent residency, get in our immigration consultant, who have years of experience in assisting potential immigrants to move abroad on a permanent residence permit and other residence visa programme.