Canada Immigration - Provincial Nominee Program
Canadian provinces have their own nominee programs that are designed to encourage skilled migrants to settle in those provinces. These programs are designed to meet the specific needs of employers in that province.
To apply under the Provincial Nominee Program, applicants must be nominated by a Canadian province or territory.
Under this process, applicants must have the skills, education and work experience to make an immediate economic contribution to the province or territory that nominates them.
People who are coming in through this program are provided permanent residency and ultimately the opportunity to apply for Canadian citizenship.
Below are the Top 5 benefits of Canada PNP.
- PNP is the easiest pathway to get settled in a desired Canadian province.
- The nomination is provided only if the province has an acute shortage of your profile. This means there will be plenty of job opportunities for you.
- The system is well-known for providing fast-tracking immigration services. A nomination from a province can help you complete process in around 4months after receiving the invitation.
- There is no mandatory requirement of employment for a few of the Express-Entry linked PNP streams.
- A PNP nomination guarantees any candidate a Canadian Permanent Residence.
How to apply for Canada Provincial Nominee Programs?
In order to apply for the Provincial Nominee Program, you can follow two pathways.
Applying for a PNP program directly
If you are planning to apply for any PNP program directly, then you need to choose a province to settle. The steps required to follow while applying for a PNP directly are:
- Select your desired province and apply for the PNP program directly.
- The applications or the information provided by you will be reviewed according to its selection criteria.
- If your application meets the requirements, then you will be fortunate to obtain a nomination letter from the Province.
- You can then, apply for Canadian Permanent Residency.
Applying through Express Entry System
If you wish to process through Express Entry, then, you have to first, get registered in Express Entry. You will be then placed in the Express Entry Pool based on your obtained rank/score.
If your skills meet the requirements of any of the province, then the province will provide you a nomination certificate.
Along with a nomination, you will also receive an additional 600 points towards your CRS score. With the increase in your CRS score, you will be sure to obtain an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canada PR.
What are the documents required for Canada PNP?
The documents which are needful to process your application for Provincial Nominee Programs are:
- A declaration form from the applicant and dependents.
- Documents which are related to your work experience, education, identity proofs, etc.
- Related documents to support your dependents.
- Valid travel-related documents, i.e., passport, visa, etc.
- Certificates proving your language proficiency.
- Legal documents which can help in triggering your identity.
- Your recent photographs.
- Certificates related to health and character and more.
What is the processing time for Canada PNP?
Once you have submitted your application for a PNP program, the officials verify each and every particular. The reply from the Province may vary profile to profile.
However, it also depends on the application you choose. If you wish to know in-detail of each PNP program's processing time, then you can feel to speak to our visa experts.
Which is the best way for permanent residence - Express Entry or PNP?
This is a widespread doubt for many skilled professionals. Few people support for Express Entry while few other support for PNP.
For the ultimate desire to become a Canadian Permanent Resident, they put their best efforts to be successful. Hence, choosing the right path is very important.
How will Kansas Overseas Careers be your help for Canada PR?
Kansas Overseas Careers is one of the successful immigration consultancy providing services for Canada immigration. We are the professionals working in together to help our clients reach their desired destination.
With transparent procedures from the start to end, we have made our services assure our clients that, we are always behind them to support.
We guide you individually to understand and find the best path for your application process.
We aren't the consultants working for money; we are the consultants planning to improve our fame with your success.
Our motto is to be your friendly advisors to support your career. With our extreme immigration services, we help you reach your goal hassle-free.
If you are in desire to become a Canadian Permanent Resident, then the first immediate step is your eligibility check.
To know your eligibility to apply for Canada PR, you can feel free to get in touch with us.
Which is the best province to apply for Canada PR?
To discover the right immigration program for your application, it is essential for you to know about each provincial nominee program.
Alberta Provincial Nominee Program
AINP has three streams associated. Nominations are issued for candidates who meet the requirements of the program. Also, the nominated candidates must have the interest to stay in the province.
The three streams of Alberta Provincial Nominee Program are:
- The Alberta Opportunity Stream
- The Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Eligibility requirements for AINP are:
- You need to have an employment or job-offer letter for full-time from an Alberta employer.
- You need to have a work experience related to your selected occupation to obtain a nomination.
- To qualify for AINP nomination, you need to score minimum IELTS score.
- You must possess the interest to work and live in Alberta.
- Your occupation must match the NOC categories.
- Need to gain a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) letter.
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program
Under BC PNP, you can find three streams which are further divided into three categories for targeting skilled workers, international students, and professionals with valid skills, experience, and qualifications which are required for BC.
The three streams of BC PNP are:
- Health care professional category
- Entry-level and semi-skilled category
- Express Entry BC
- Entrepreneur Immigration Streams
Here, for each stream, you have different eligibility requirements. If you plan to migrate to Canada through BC PNP's Skills Immigration, then the requirements include:
- Need to have a job offer letter from a BC employer
- For the nominated occupation, you should have a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Need to obey the rules and regulation which are stated by the employer.
- Must be able to prove your eligibility to immigrate to BC.
- Should be able to meet the required language ability.
Health-care Professional Category
The required eligibility requirements for health care professional category are:
- You need to be an expert belonging to required health care occupations.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years of full-time work experience.
- Need to be considered under the NOC level 0, A, or B.
- Have an offer-letter from an eligible public health authority.
International Graduates - Canadian Colleges or Universities
The eligibility requirements are:
- You should have any one of the following:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree from Canada's post-secondary institution.
- A diploma degree from an eligible Canada's post-secondary institution.
- A diploma program of a minimum of 8 months (full-time).
- A diploma program which is having an internship more than one-quarter is not allowed.
- Must be able to meet the minimum qualification requirements.
- Should have a full-time job offer letter from valid employers.
- For your NOC level B, C, or D occupations, you should be able to prove at least sufficient level English or French.
International Post-Graduates - B.C. Universities or Colleges
- It is referred for candidates who have obtained Masters or doctoral degree in the applied, natural or health sciences.
- You must obtain a degree from an institution of British Columbia within 2 years of applying to British Columbia.
- You need to have your occupation under the below-mentioned fields:
- Engineering and Technology
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physical Sciences
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Information Sciences and Support Sciences
- Computer Sciences
- Need to provide evidence which helps you to stay permanently in B.C. This include:
- Current or previous year's length o stays.
- Your connection to B.C. through Study, Work, or family, etc.
- Your settlement funds description
Entry Level - Semi-Skilled Category:
- Should have been full-time employment in eligible occupations in B.C.
- Must have a minimum of 9 months of work experience in the sectors tourism, long-haul trucking food processing, and hospitality.
- Applicants must qualify at least high school standards.
- You need to retain with the British Columbia employer during your complete PNP/PR process.
British Columbia Express Entry Program:
The applications which are processed under the below-mentioned categories of British Columbia are only accepted under the Express Entry Programs:
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International-Post Graduate Category
Entrepreneur Immigration Stream:
- Your applications are assessed on various factors. These include your work experience, source of funds, adaptability, and business proposal.
- Must have sufficient knowledge in the area of business.
- You must be able to prove admissibility to Canada, i.e., you must not be blocked for entering Canada, legally accepted to stay in Canada, shouldn't have a refugee mystery in Canada, etc.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program:
It is mainly designed with streams nominating for skilled workers and their families who wish to live, work and settle permanently.
The eligibility requirements for Manitoba PNP are:
- You must be under the age group 21 and 45.
- Need to have an employment letter for your in-demand occupation list.
- Should hold a bachelor's degree or diploma.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in the past five years.
- You must prove at least CLB 6 in each IELTS category.
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program:
The stream mainly targets entrepreneurs, international graduates, skilled workers, supporters, and skilled professionals in the Express Entry selection system.
The program has four streams:
- Express Entry Labour Market Stream
- Skilled Worker with Family Support
- Skilled Worker with Employer Support
- Business Applicants.
The required eligibility for NBPNP includes the following:
- Need to submit an express entry profile with valid Federal Express Entry Profile.
- Must have a letter of employment from employer living in New Brunswick.
- Should be able to score a minimum CLB 7 in all four language factors.
- Need to have valid ECA report. Your qualifications must match to the Canadian education system.
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program:
This program mainly accepts the applications from skilled professionals, International students who have completed graduation, and entrepreneurs who are meeting the program specific needs.
The applications for this program are mainly accepted under the following categories:
- Newfoundland & Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker
- Skilled Worker Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Entrepreneur Category
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Nova Scotia Nominee Program:
For candidates who plan to get settled as permanent residents in Nova Scotia have to apply under this program. This is mainly considered for skilled workers, entrepreneurs, international graduates.
The program is multiple numbers of immigration streams. Three of the streams are aligned with Express Entry System.
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- Skilled Worker Stream
- Entrepreneur Stream
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Physician Stream
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program:
It is one of the successful provinces having a great interest among skilled candidates. Yearly, huge numbers of skilled workers, international students, business owners or entrepreneurs settle in the province as Canadian permanent residents.
The applications for OINP are accepted under the below conditions:
- Human Capital Category
- Employer Job Offer Category
- Business Category
Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program:
It is the economic immigration program helping skilled workers, entrepreneurs, and international graduates to live and get settled as permanent residents.
The applications which are accepted by the PEI PNP include from the below categories:
- PEI PNP Express Entry
- Labour Impact Category
- Business Impact Category
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program:
SINP is also a successful immigration program welcoming skilled professional from various nations. Also, it provides various paths for the candidates to get part of the SINP.
The applications accepted by the SINP belong from the below categories.
- International Skilled Worker Category
- Saskatchewan Experience Category
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category
Northwest Territories Nominee Program:
The Northwest Territories Nominee Program accepts applications of foreign professionals to help them settle in Northern Canada.
It has two main programs - the Employer-Driven Business Program and the Business Immigration Program.
Northwest Territories Employer-Driven Program:
- Express Entry System for Skilled Workers
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Impact Worker
Northwest Territories Business Immigration Program:
- Business Stream
Yukon Nominee Program:
The program helps employers in Canada's Northern territory to nominate internationally-trained business people and foreign workers for Canada PR. The programs which are associated with YNP are:
- Yukon Express Entry (YEE)
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Impact Worker
- Business Nominee