Singapore education-the best in the education industry
If one wants to study abroad, Singapore would be your best bet. There is no exaggeration in saying that international studies in Singapore provide some of the best opportunities in the world, because the top priority of the citizens and the ministry of education of the country is EDUCATION.
There are universities which would provide you with the world class environment to study and grow in overall fashion.
Hence if you want to study and get into some of the best employment opportunities there are, Singapore would stand as an anchor to achieve all your goals.
The reason would be that Singapore would stand as a point, from which we can travel to most of the Asian countries effortlessly and visit the beauty of Asia in a full fledge manner.
Singapore stands as the center which would allow you to get the Pan Asian experience to its fullest, in regards of many things like studies, travelling, work and overall growth.
The experience of staying in Singapore would also be a mind blowing one, since the food and life style in this Mini Asia would be unmatchable and unattainable by any other country.
What to do before applying for Singapore student visa?
The below points would give you a brief idea about what should be followed to get into Singapore for studies:
- Conduct thorough research on which university you want to study in and the course you would want to get into.
- Apply for the most preferred universities of international studies.
- Acceptance in universities would be done based on academic excellence of a student.
- After getting acceptance from your desired university, you got to apply for the visa, which in this case is commonly called as student’s pass.
- This student’s pass would give you permission to stay in Singapore for the duration of your course.
- Time is of key essence since the validity period of any acceptance letter would only be two weeks. This means you have to apply for the visa as soon as you get your acceptance letter.
- The visa application has to be done at the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) of Singapore.
- The online application system is called SOLAR, which stands for Student’s Pass Online Application and Registration.
- The fee has to be paid at this time.
What are the visa requirements to study in Singapore?
- A student has to have a student pass/visa to get into any university of Singapore. As is the case with any other country, a visitor or tourist visa is insufficient to get into any university in Singapore.
- Students and universities submit the required documents via online mode through SOLAR system to the immigration authorities.
- The successful applicants would receive a letter, called, In Principal Approval, issued by ICA (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore) directly by their universities. This letter would contain the visa to enter into Singapore.
- The skill in English language is a must to get into Singapore. To check this skill, one has to procure their TOEFL or IELTS certificate at the ICA.
How can you get scholarships to study at Singapore?
If you want to get scholarship for staying in Singapore, it is better to apply for them beforehand itself. Since the cost of living in Singapore is high when compared to most of the countries, it is better to get financial aid in the form of scholarships rather than going solo.
There are certain agencies and institutions that provide scholarships based on a student’s academic skills. Some agencies, which would provide scholarships, are -
- Scholarship for students belonging to ASEAN countries- this is awarded to foreign students who belong to south east Asian countries
- APEC scholarship –awarded to foreign students applying for MBA program from certain countries.
- Some universities would offer allowance in tuition grants in international studies.
There is a subsidy scheme that would reduce the tuition fee to certain extent called, ‘Service Obligation’, by signing which, you agree to work in Singapore companies for three years after completion of your studies.
If a student is getting any form of scholarship, then he/she is not eligible for this scheme.
What are the best courses in Singapore?
The master’s degree duration in Singapore would range from a year to a couple of years depending upon the university and the campus chosen. The best courses offered by Singaporean universities are as follows:
- Computer sciences and information technology
- Management sciences-MBA
- Engineering courses including civil engineering, mechanical engineering, bio engineering, electrical engineering etc.
- Banking law
- Finance related courses
These are the courses most of the students prefer joining into, but there are several others like law, medicine, hospitality etc. which would also be very beneficial by learning in Singaporean universities.
Can you study in Singapore without IELTS?
Yes. There is a process to enter into universities of Singapore without giving the IELTS test. The students who have completed 13 years of formal education in their nation can apply for this program by doing a foundation course called ‘University Foundation Course’.
This program helps students to get into graduate courses in the fields of tourism, hospitality, computers, information technology, business etc.
It will help them to achieve all the linguistic skills needed to complete their studies in Singapore without going through the IELTS test.
The course durations could be 11, 6, or 9 months depending upon the capability of the student. University Foundation Course consists of 2 modules.
This course gives the student basic knowledge in English language in its first module and in its second module, it makes them proficient enough in the language to get through their courses without any difficulty.
Which universities are the best in Singapore?
Singapore has several state universities as well as international universities which offer a varied range of higher education courses to international students.
The two public universities that are listed in the top 100 best world’s universities are,
- National university of Singapore-the oldest higher education provider in Singapore.
- Nanyang technological university-it is a prestigious public funded university in Singapore
The other universities that offer industry’s best bachelors’ degree and masters’ degree in Singapore are,
- Singapore university of technology and design
- Singapore management university
- Singapore university of social sciences
- LASALLE college of arts
- Nanyang academy of fine arts
- National institute of education
- S.Rajaratnam school of international studies
- Singapore institute of technology
- Digipen institute of technology
These are to name a few of the finest colleges of the country.
Can you work in Singapore after studies?
It is possible to work in the country after higher education but this requires you to get a work visa/pass before doing it. You cannot do job in Singapore with a student pass.
After completion of degree, you would be given a ‘job search visa’ for 6 months, during which you can work in any industry until you get a good and desired job in the country.
Once you get a good job, you can apply for a work visa, which in Singapore is called an e-pass (employment pass), with which you can work in your offered job.
If you are on the Service Obligation scheme, which had reduced your tuition fee to a subsidized amount, then you need to work for Singapore companies for a period of 3 years mandatorily.
But before starting to work, you need to change the status of your visa from student’s visa to work visa so as to not undergo any complications legally.
Can you get PR after studying in Singapore?
After getting an e-pass, you can apply for a permanent residence in the country after you start earning SGD 3000 per month in the least. The processing time for the permanent residence in Singapore is just 73 days.
How much does it cost to study in Singapore?
The tuition fee amount of international studies in Singapore depends upon the university and course you have chosen.
- The average tuition fee estimate for masters is SGD 35000.
- Food cost estimate is SGD 200-450
- Accommodation estimate SGD 200-1500
- Transport –SGD 40-100
By estimating all these costs, the living expenses for the duration of the degree should be calculated.
Can you work and study in Singapore?
The working-while-studying, again depends upon the selected university and the course. If the college permits, which it mostly would, a student can work part time jobs to cover expenses.
Many would offer part time jobs to students as it is a common practice in Singapore. A student with a valid student pass can work up to 16 hours maximum per week during attending college and unlimited hours during their vacation time.
What are the advantages of studying in Singapore?
There are numerous advantages in studying higher education in the ‘Lion city’, which is what Singapore is usually called. To name a few,
- The highly ranked institutions give a student the opportunity to explore their desired stream to the fullest.
- The Singaporean government gives utmost importance to education, which makes the universities there, provide excellent quality teaching and experimenting facilities.
- The official language in which the higher education continues, is English, making it easy for students from all across the globe accessible to their colleges.
- The cost that incurs while studying in the country is less when compared to US or UK.
- The amalgamation of different Asian cultures provides a beautiful environment to study in the country.
- You get to experience the essence of Indian, Malaysian, Indonesian and Chinese cultures all at one place.
- The taste of food has to be mentioned especially here. The multi-cultural cuisine, available in Singapore is worth trying, by everyone on the planet.
- The public transport facilities in Singapore are excellent and affordable.
- It is possible to visit the Asian countries while studying in Singapore while on college vacations. Some countries can be visited even in the span of weekends.
- The scholarship facilities in Singapore are very much established compared to most of the countries offering best education.
- The colleges permit you to work while studying, which is a huge advantage to someone who wants to cut the cost of fees
- The Service Obligation scheme allows you to get the costs at a subsidized rate.
- The job chances after completing the degree would be great, since Singapore is a hub for many multinational companies.
These are just a few advantages to name which come with getting educated in Singapore.
Singapore, with its sky scrapper buildings, highly valued curriculum, multicultural environment, high end work environment, wonderful cuisine, immediate chances to get employed in some of the best companies, offer one of the best package of living the life to the fullest.
It is possible to get to study in Singapore universities with getting in touch with a valued and service oriented immigration company like Kansas oversees services.