Singapore is a hotspot destination with the number of welcoming people in the country. It is a republic with a multicultural society, regional and international cuisines. It is a city in a garden with fascinating places of sight to visit.
The Singapore Republic is an island city-state in the world with Singapore as its capital city. Singapore SG dollar (Sign $, Code: SGD) is the official currency of the country. The country is composed of several interesting places to visit and explore.
What is the application process for the Singapore tourist visa?
To proceed further for your Singapore tourist visa, the steps to follow to apply are:
- Check the validity of your passport: It is vital to have a validity of at least six months to return from Singapore.
- Get your tickets: If you have planned your period to stay, then get your return tickets.
- Fill the form 14A: The application form for Singapore can be obtained by either downloading from the official site- http://www.ica.gov.sg or get it from authorized immigration agents. The form has to be filled with appropriate information. Any mistake can lead your application process difficult.
- Gather required documents: While applying for your Singapore tourist visa, it is needful that you provide essential documents. You are even required to provide a cover letter which describes the purpose of your tour.
- Your recent passport size photos: You have to obtain two latest photos with dimensions 35 mm wider and 45 mm high. Also, the picture shouldn’t have a border. There are a set of guidelines which you need to follow to submit your photograph.
- Update required changes: If you have changed your address or any, it is necessary for you to update immediately by providing valid proofs. Also, provide accurate bank statements to support your visa process.
- Payments: While submitting your application form with needful documents, you should make the fee payment for your visa. However, the visa fee is non-refundable.
- Better to pay all services charges: There are also few additional charges made for your picking up/dropping off your documents, so it is essential to pay the payments for the fast immigration process.
- Processing time: The application process for your visa can vary depending upon the type of service you have chosen. If you are making your application process with visa agents, then the processing time can be up to 5 days, as they process applications in bulk.
- Check the application status: You need to sign into the official website- Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and check your status by using your application reference number and documents number.
- Obtain your eVisa: Your eVisa for Singapore can be obtained either by printing it from the official site or your visa agents.
What are the eligibility requirements for the Singapore tourist visa?
The eligibility requirements which are must become a Singapore tourist are as follows:
- You need to have a valid travel document/passport which is having validity more than 6 months from the departure date of your tour.
- Need to have a valid onward and backward ticket.
- Should be able to show necessary funds to support your stay in Singapore.
- Must have entry documents for their next destination (if you are planning to travel another country).
- Completing the Embarkation Card is essential.
- A Yellow-fever vaccination certificate to enter.
There are many conditions which are required for you to prove. For more information in detail, it is better to consult an immigration consultancy like us.
What are the documents required for the visitor visa of Singapore?
The list of documents which are essential for processing Singapore visa is
- A valid Original passport and any old passports
- Your Visa Application duly filled and signed
- 2 recent passport-size color photos
- Your return tickets
- Covering letter with your travel details
- Attested copies of your Bank statement (6 months)
- Your passport must have at least 6 months validity during your application
- Invitation letter (if sponsored by a friend or relative)
What are the fees for Singapore tourist visa?
Processing time for visit visa
The processing time is 7-10 working days. This duration is taken by the consulate to process your visa once your application is approved. You can also apply for a multiple entry visa if you plan for frequent visits to Singapore.
Can you work on Singapore Visit visa?
The tourist visa allows you to visit Singapore for non-employment reasons. This visa doesn't allow you to be hired in the duration of your stay. If your intent is to work in Singapore, you need to apply for a work permit. The system of issuing Singapore "Employment pass eligibility check" also known as Singapore EPEC to get a work permit is also discontinued since 2011.
What happens if your application gets rejected?
If you are unable to convince the case officer of Singapore, your application will be rejected. In case your application is rejected, it will be done on the following reasons:
- Incorrect application form filling.
- Insufficient funds to visit and stay in Singapore.
- If, the purpose of your visit is not explained properly and other grounds.
You need to identify the basis for rejection and appeal against the decision with a better presentation of documents.
Can you travel to Malaysia with Singapore visit visa?
Unlike the Schengen tourist visa which allows you to travel to different countries in its region, Singapore visit visa is meant only to tour Singapore. In case you want to travel to Malaysia, you need to apply for Malaysia visit visa.
Does Singapore have a visa on arrival?
If you are a citizen of India and planning to migrate to Singapore, then you do not have the option of visa on arrival. However, it may apply to transit passengers. A visa is needed for the citizens belonging to the Level 1 and Level 2 assessment countries. India belongs to the Level 1 country list; hence, it is specific for Indian to have an electronic or eVisa before migrating to Singapore.
Assessment Level 1 Countries
Assessment Level 2 Countries
What is Visit Free Transit Facility (VFTF)?
If you are an Indian citizen and would like to obtain a transit by air, then you are eligible for a 96-hour Visit Free Transit Facility. An Indian traveler who isn’t considered as suitable for Visa Free Transit Free cannot be allowed to enter/visit Singapore.
What are the conditions for Visa Free Transit Free?
The conditions which are followed for Visa Free Transit Free are:
- If you are in transit with eligible VFTF, then you need to qualify the entry requirements before you enter to Singapore.
- An entry assessment at the entry point will be conducted by the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
- The VFTF strictly violates stay extension for a transit traveler.
- For an Indian citizen, the VFTF is applicable for people having air to air ticket.
Is Singapore eVisa a Single Entry visa or Multiple Entry Visa?
Singapore eVisa is a multiple entry visa. It means that you can travel multiple numbers of times and it isn’t required for you to re-apply for a Singapore tourist visa again.
What is the validity of the Singapore tourist visa?
The Singapore tourist visa comes up with a validity period of up to 2 years. However, you are allowed to stay for a maximum period of 30 days.
How do visa consultants of Kansas help for your Singapore visa?
Kansas Overseas Careers is one of the top immigration consultancy providing trusted visa services for Singapore. Our team members are well-experienced and have knowledge of every immigration service. With our expert support, we have made our clients successfully reach their destination. We have a range of services to help your visa process at affordable prices.
If you are planning to migrate to Singapore, then you can feel free to reach us. With our free visa assessment, our experts will help you know every detail which is helpful to obtain your Singapore tourist visa. For more information, call @ 1800-102-0109 or drop a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.