Kansas Overseas is an immigration consultant and doesn't deal with work permits or direct jobs.

Send Message Ask To Expert

Switzerland officially known as Swiss Confederation is a landlocked European country. It is a federal republic bordered by Austria and Liechtenstein to the east, Italy to the south, Germany to the north, and France to the west.

With more than 8 million inhabitants, mostly people are concentrated on the plateau where the global cities such as Zurich and Geneva are to be found.

The country is a birth place of International organization Red Cross. Besides, it is also a home to numerous other international organizations.

Due to booming economy and exotic location Switzerland is a choice of Indian immigrants. While getting a visit visa is often easy, getting a work visa for Switzerland is not that simple.

Among the top ten countries in the world it has three countries i.e. Zurich, Geneva and Basel.  It is a dream destination both for travelers and skilled workers.

In your lifetime you will not come across anyone who will not like to stay here or who would not want to learn about how to migrate to Switzerland from India.

Since long Switzerland has always been an attractive immigration destination because of lucrative pay package, stable economy and low unemployment rate. It is also one of the richest countries in the world to obtain a work visa.

Since the Swiss government allows free movement of people, there has been a tremendous increase in Switzerland immigration. Reports show that a large number of people migrate to Switzerland from India, Portugal and Spain.

The country offers visas of different categories such as Switzerland job visa, student visa, medical visa, tourist visa, business visa et. In fact, many people move to do business in Switzerland every year.

Does an Indian citizen require a visa to travel to Switzerland?

This is a very common question asked by to be immigrants, and the answer to this is yes.

If you are traveling from India to Switzerland with an Indian passport, you will need to obtain a travel visa before you travel to the country both for long and short stay.

How to get a visa to Switzerland from India?

A large number of Indians have figured the importance of Switzerland immigration and what the country can do for the growth of their career and business. Of course the quality of life they get to live is also a pull factor.

Thus, many applicants apply for different kind of visas like travel visa, student visa, Switzerland work visa, tourist visa etc., depending upon their purpose of migrating to Switzerland.

To get a Switzerland visa, applicants must follow the following steps:

  1. Identify the true reason of your travel. The visa application form and documents required to obtain a visa will differ depending on your need.
    You can get the documents checklist from the Visa Facilitation Services website or else its best to consult our immigration consultant and seek best guidance from them.
  2. Once you are sure of the visa category, you can easily obtain an application form from the official website or from the Switzerland Embassy based in New Delhi, the capital city of India or consulate of Switzerland based in Mumbai.

    You can visit the embassy and collect the form in person or simply download it online. Visa requirements and travel documents under each category will vary. Ideally, you can reach out to us in order to seek help in the process.
  3. Collect the required documents for the specific visa you need and apply. The basic and foremost requirement is a valid passport with a minimum three-month validity period.
  4. Lastly, take your visa application along with all the required documents to the nearest collection center. Depending how busy the location is you might have to take a prior appointment to submit your visa application.

You can also submit your visa application at the VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. However, it is to note that is does not have any authority to take final decision on your application nor can provide you any assistance in filling the form.

It’s just an application collection center, visa application is submitted to the Embassy of Switzerland in New Delhi.

In general circumstances, the processing time of visa application is between 7 to 10 working days. It is highly recommended not to start the visa application process at the earliest but not before three months prior to your travel date.

Ask Our Experts

How to immigrate to Switzerland?

If it is not for travel, one of the best ways to immigrate to Switzerland is through securing a job for yourself.

There are many companies that recruit foreign skilled workers and help them acquire a work permit.

Companies are always looking for qualified and experienced skill workers and will take their expertise even if they are not proficient in official Swiss language but can meet the demands of Switzerland job visa.

Getting a work permit

Immigrants hailing from country like India require a work permit which is not easy to get. The immigration rules and regulation are tight. Some of the in demand occupations are managers, IT professionals, Researchers with years of experience.

Types of permit: Following are the three different types of permit

L – Permit also known as Short-term residence permit: - it is granted to people who wish to work in the country for a short period of time the duration may be one year or less.

The duration is based on the employment contract. It is possible to extend the duration further up to two years for the same you will have to consulate the concerned authorities.

Those who prefer to obtain an education degree can also apply for the same.

B- Permit also known as initial residence: - it is a quota based category and at no cost can exceed beyond one year. As long as there is no serious ground of rejection an immigrant can apply for extension from year to year. The number of visas issued is very limited.

C-Permit also known as Permanent residence: - if an immigrant has stayed in the country for at least ten years in continuation than the candidate becomes eligible to apply for C permit it allows them to live and work in Switzerland permanently.

How to become a citizen of Switzerland?

If you want to give up residence of your own country and wish to acquire Swiss citizenship, then you will have to wait for at least 12 years before you can apply for the same.

Swiss citizenship can be acquired through a process known as naturalization. Children born in the country from non Swiss parents does not become its citizens automatically.

What is naturalization process?

To become a naturalized citizen, the person will have to live in the country for at least 12 years, 3 of which must occur within the last five years prior making the request. Time spend in the country during the age of 10 to 20 years is counted double.

Documents required to apply for Switzerland visa?

If you will have to apply for Switzerland visa there is a long list of documents:-

  1. Valid passport with three months validity and must have at least three blank pages
  2. Two latest passport size color photograph
  3. Travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 € within in the country also covering  the entire Schengen area
  4. A cover letter stating your reason of visiting the country including your complete itinerary
  5. Details of hotel reservation with exact dates and flight number
  6. Health and character certificate
  7. Proof of financial details to show how you plan to cover your trip to the country
  8. If you are employed bank statement/ account details for the last six months along with salary slip
  9. No objection certificate (NOC) from employer
  10. Submit your biometric data
  11. Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
  12. If employed, a copy of business license, bank statement for the last six months and Income Tax Return (ITR)
  13. If you are a student college/school Id proof and a leave approval from the concern authority
  14. Retired professionals are required to submit a bank statement for the last six month
  15. Any other document on request

The signed application must be submitted along with all the above documents and visa fee you can also submit your visa fee through debit or credit card.

Apply For Switzerland Visa

Have you thought of consulting immigration consultant?

If your answer to the above question is affirmative then you have surely taken a good decision in the long run but if you are thinking otherwise possibly you are risking your Switzerland immigration dreams.

Swiss government is very strict about immigration rules and regulation and getting a visa to the country is not an easy task.

It’s confusing, lengthy and tedious, if you are doing it yourself you might give up in between. For sure immigration consultants will charge you a minimum service fee but it is worth your Swiss visa.

Acquiring Swiss residency in your country of residence will always beneficial when the process is rightly guided by an immigration.

To stay in a well-developed country like Switzerland, reach out to our consultants online.