Top 5 Facts of Subclass 189 Visa - (Actual) PR visa of Australia
Australia skilled independent visa or sub class is one offavourite visa category of skilled professionals of India and abroad. The best advantage of this visa is that it doesn't need sponsorship from an employer /state/ relative and you get an unlimited access to Australia (and New Zealand).
1. What are the eligibility requirements for a Subclass 189 visa?
Below are the major requirements of the Australia's 189 visa.You need to get invited to apply for the visa.
- Should not be older than 45 years when receiving the invitation to apply
- You need to have an occupation matching the skills and educational qualifications. Also, the occupation has to be in the demand list also known as Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MTSSL).
- You should have skills assessed by a relevant assessing body for your nominated occupation.
- Must have at least competent level English language proficiency
- Need to score a minimum of 65 points on Australia Points Calculator
- Must meet the character and health requirements.
2. What is the step-by-step Process for Subclass 189 visa?
If you have a good experience and occupation listed in the country's in-demand list, then you are undoubtedly get welcomed by the Australian government. To process your application for a skilled independent visa, you need to follow a three-stage application process.
Stage 1: Skill Assessment
You need to get your skills assessed under the Australia point's calculator with the relevant immigration body. For example, an IT professional needs to get their skill assessed by "Australia Computing Society". Similarly, for every occupation has a designated skill assessing body
Based on your skills assessment, the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) will judge whether you hold the required level of skills for Australia or not.
Stage 2: Lodging the application online
After obtaining your skills assessment, you should submit your Express of Interest. This has to be done with SkillSelect. There is no condition like you need to apply this inside of Australia; you can lodge this anywhere in and out of Australia.
Stage 3: Receive invitation and apply for the last stage
Once you have obtained your ITA or the Invitation to apply, you can continue your next stage with DOHA. Here, you can process your final stage and complete the visa application process.
In between each stage, there will be multiple requirements for gathering documents, following procedures, etc. For in-detail information on the Australia immigration process, you can feel free to contact an experienced immigration consultant.
3. What is Skillselect?
To manage the skilled migration programs, the Australian government has employed an online service provider known as SkillSelect. The Skillselect verifies whether the candidate is meeting the economic needs of the program or not.
4. How much does subclass 189 visa cost?
The subclass 189 visa or the Skilled Independent visa is a permanent stay visa program. The visa cost for the subclass 189 visa type is 4,045 in Australian Dollars.
Also, the processing time for the applications varies as per the demand of your occupation. Generally, almost 75% of the applications get processing in 12 months, and 90% of applications get processed in 20 months.
5. What are the benefits ofthe Subclass 189 visa?
By obtaining a Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189), you are very much familiar with many advantages.
Let us now discuss a few of the Australia PR benefits which a visa holder can claim with the subclass 189 visa:
- You can stay for an indefinite period in the country.
- You will be eligible to study and work in Australia.
- In the 5 years visa grant, you are eligible to move to and from Australia.
- You will be eligible for enrolling into medical care.
- You can sponsor your relatives for temporary and permanent residence.
- You will be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship
Some more questions you may have are answered below:
What is the SOL or Skilled Occupation List?
Along with the points system, the skilled occupation list is also a part of the eligibility requirement for Australia immigration. As a qualified professional aiming to apply for a subclass 189 visa, you need to have your occupation nominated from the SOL.
And, if you are applying for Australia immigration through skilled migration programs that require nomination by a state or territory, you need to have your occupation nominated from the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL).
- If you are applying for a General Skilled Migration Visa and there is no requirement for nomination from a state or territory, then you need to have your occupation nominated from the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- If you are applying for a General Skilled Migration Visa and there is a requirement of getting nomination by a state or territory, then you need to have your occupation nominated from the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) or the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
Is Skilled Independent Visa and Subclass 189 Visa the same?
Yes, both the - Skilled Independent Visa and Subclass 189 visas are the same. An international professional having their occupation listed in the country's in-demand list are eligible to apply for the visa.
It is the program mainly designed for professionals who do not have a sponsorship from the state or territory or a family member. The subclass 189 visa is a points-based system; hence you need to score a minimum of 65 points under the Australia point's grid for eligibility.
Meeting the required eligibility as needed by the Australia immigration government is one of the important requirements. If you fail to prove your eligibility, you are no more considered by the Australian immigration government.
What is the importance of SkillSelect in Subclass 189?
This is an important and beneficial platform for Australian employers to select the qualified profiles for the vacant positions in the workplace.
Also, the process helps in filling the skill shortages in regional areas. It is very well-known that Australia's a few particular regions are in need of skilled employers. And, by creating an application in this will help you to work and live in the regional areas of Australia.
To be eligible, you need to have your occupation listed in the country's in-demand list.
The visa program has helped many professionals all across the world to live and work in the country. Also, it has been a great pathway assuring the skilled candidates to live in the country with permanent residency status.
If you think that you can find a suitable career opportunity in Australia, then hurry up to launch your Australia PR application through a subclass 189 visa.
Contact Kansas Overseas Careers to apply for Australia Immigration
Are you ready to migrate to Australia through the most successful visa category? By consulting with a trusted immigration consultancy, you are assured of receiving the top PR visa services for Australia.
If you are in search of such consultants, then feel free to contact us. Kansas Overseas Careers is one of the top immigration consultancies in India for immigration visas, visit visas, study visas, etc. Among the many services, Canada immigration and Australia immigration are popular services.
By approaching us, you are assured of obtaining updated visa services and expert level visa assistance.
To get a complete update upon the Australia visa services, you can call our migration experts on our toll-free number: 1800-102-0109 or fill our visa assessment form so that our experts will reach you.