Get the best of European in everything-study in Ireland
Ireland is not only one of the most beautiful places with breath taking landscapes like the Cliffs of Moher, The Rock of Cashel etc. and historical monuments like Blarney castle, Glendelough etc., that intrigue any mind and enthrall anyone’s vision, but it also provides some of the best education opportunities there are in the world.
Ireland is the education provider to many students from nearly 160 countries and it is one of the favorite destinations for students who would want the experience to study in a place that has history as old as the time itself.
The people of Ireland are considered as the friendliest people in the world. Hence if you are staying away from home for the first time, you would be in the midst of people who would care for you and would help you to get ahead of home sickness within no time.
Why should I study in Ireland?
There are numerous reasons to choose Ireland as your destination for higher studies.
The development of education is one of the reasons that put Ireland on one of the top positions in the economic ladder of the Europe.
Hence to experience its world class universities with excellent teaching programs and top notch academic systems that would enrich their careers successfully, students prefer Ireland.
- Studying in Ireland is equivalent to studying in UK. It is more cost cutting than UK.
One of the reasons that anyone would cite for getting higher education in Ireland is its beauty and history.
The enthralling beauty of landscapes and the spectacular historical places would make a strong reason for so many students to want to get their education there.
- Ireland has approximately 35000 foreign students coming from 160 countries. This would give new students multi-cultural experience and would allow them to get the taste of merging with peers belonging to various nationalities.
Ireland has both rural and urban universities to choose from and both would cater to students’ needs according to their tastes and requirements.
That is, any university on the country side of Ireland would cater to the needs of students who want to experience the conventional life of Europe and any university in the cities of Ireland would satisfy students who want to experience the pulse of European urban life.
What are the options for staying in Ireland after studies?
There is a program called, ‘Stay Back Option’, which would allow any student who doesn’t belong EU/EEA to stay in Ireland for 24 months, even after completion of their international studies.
This comes under the ‘third level graduate scheme’. For this scheme to be used, one has to:
- Have a valid GNIB card (which is a card that permits you to reside in Ireland) that could be extended up to 2 years.
- Have a graduate, masters or PhD degree from an institute affiliated to Ireland state.
- Have a certificate from a recognized body of Irish education like University of Limerick, Royal college of Surgeons, citing that you have successfully completed your degree.
If someone uses this scheme to stay back in Ireland, they can work up to 40 hours a week. This is a one-time extension, after the completion of which you would not be considered to stay under this visa.
How is Ireland for studying and working as an Indian?
Ireland is preferred by Indian students for studies because:
- It is a welcoming nation, located in the heart of Europe, yet the language used here to teaching is English. This is a huge advantage for Indians, since many Indian students are well versed in English rather than in any other European language. It would save a lot of time since there is need no learn a new language again.
- There are universities covering almost all the streams of education which are preferred by students of India like medicine, banking, business etc.
- The cost of education and living in Ireland is comparatively less when compared to other European countries.
- Working part time for 20 hours a week during working days and 40 hours a week during vacation time makes it easier financially to many students from India.
- The nation allows students to stay back after education without much effort, during which they can take care of employment opportunities.
Working in Ireland is preferred by Indians because:
- There is a large Indian community with a population of 25000 in Ireland, which would make it easier for Indians to work and stay in Ireland.
- Large MNC cluster comprising many leading companies’ presence in Ireland would provide plenty of employment for Indians.
- People of Ireland are fairly friendly and that would make any working environment happier for Indians.
- Indians can explore the European culture by travelling to different countries which are in the neighborhood.
What are requirements for getting visa to Ireland?
The below lists everything you need to get a student visa to Ireland:
- The acceptance letter from the college to which you have applied.
- A valid passport and copies of old passports (if any).
- Two passport size photos, which are recently taken.
- The student must have the score card of either IELTS or TOEFL.
- The application form, which is duly filled with all the details.
What are the benefits of studying in Ireland?
- There are courses that would include medicine, business, engineering, law, banking and every field of education possible to choose from Irish universities which would be beneficial to students.
- Since it is an English speaking nation in Europe, it is easy for most of the students from different countries, since many countries’ students would know English commonly. It reduces the time which would have to be put into learning a new language.
- Ireland is famous for its outstanding facilities in the field of scientific research. Students from many countries hail to Ireland for continuing their research programs.
- Multinational companies like Google, Apple, HP, IBM, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter have head offices in Ireland. All these countries operate in their European territory with Ireland as their base. Hence Ireland is a hub of opportunities.
- One can travel to most of the countries in Europe from Ireland easily. So one can be benefitted from staying in Ireland in terms of visiting different countries in their vacation times and sometimes even in weekends.
- Ireland is ranked as 12th most peaceful country among all the countries in the world. Hence one can be safe and sound here without anything or anyone disturbing the peace.
What are the costs of studying in Ireland?
The tuition fees differ from graduate, post graduate and doctorate degree. They are as follows:
|Under graduate program||approx. 10,000 to 25000 euros annually|
|Masters/post graduate program||9000-35000 euros annually|
|Doctorate degree||9000-30000 euros annually|
The living expenses may range anywhere between 7000 euros and 12000 euros depending upon the university location and accommodation facilities.
One may apply for scholarships provided by different institutions before leaving for Ireland.
If you want to get into universities that stand in the list of world’s best institutions with the best environment and location, Ireland would match your search perfectly.
To experience the European culture with best education and employment opportunities, contact Kansas Overseas Careers to get to Ireland.