7 Easy Steps for exploring the city of Malaysia with a Tourist Visa
Are you planning to travel an abroad destination as a tourist at an affordable price? Then, get prepared to launch your Malaysia tourist visa. Malaysia is one of happening city with multiculturalism and natural wonders.
Malaysia is having amazing locations all around. A few of the popular locations include Turtle Caves, Langkawi – Beach and Island, wildlife habitat, tea plantations, modern architecture, etc.
Having a Malaysian Tourist visa can be the best choice to visit these adorable places. However, to obtain a Malaysian tourist visa, it is a need to prove your eligibility.
Hence, let us now discuss the important topics which you need to know before applying for a Malaysia Tourist Visa.
1. What are the two ways to get a Malaysia visa for Indians?
Malaysia Tourist visa is a document enabling a foreign national to visit the country for a particular time. For Indians, there are two ways to apply for a Malaysia Visa.
Indians can apply either manually by contacting to the consulate or through online application. Based on your chosen pathway, you can perform the appropriate steps to obtain the visit visa.
- Manual Application: If planning to launch your application manually, then you need to visit the one-stop centre in your area established by the Malaysian Government.
The centres are available at multiple locations in the country. A few of the locations include Delhi, Chennai, and Mumbai.
- eVisa: eVisa is one of the popular mode of application process by most Indians. It is the process, where a user can apply at any time. The method has been into effect from 2017; and people are able to apply online for a social visit and tourist visa.
You need to get the visa application form by paying the required amount. Fill the form with appropriate information and submit it along with the required documents.
Then, need to pay the OSC service charge and processing fee through a DD. Once the visa gets approved, you can collect it at the counter. The processing time of the visa is usually 4-5 working days after your application launch.
Also, this is a method where you can save your money and time. There are three types of eVisas – Single entry visa, Multiple Entry visa and eNTRI visa.
2. Explain the types of Malaysia Visas for Indians?
There are four types of Malaysian visas for Indians. You can choose the suitable visa type based on your purpose and eligibility.
4 Types of Malaysia Visa for Indians
Single Entry Visa: The visa type grants permission to visit Malaysia for 30 days. Within this visa type, you may not be able to extend your time period. Once you depart from Malaysia while your visa is still valid, you will not be able to enter again.
As name states, it is the visa type for single use and you will not be able to re-enter with the same visa. However to visit again, you can apply for a new visa type.
Multiple Entry Visa: The visa type is the most popular one, as one can enter multiple number of times with the multiple entry visa type. After departing, you are allowed to return to Malaysia multiple times until the visa is valid.
The duration of the stay can be from 30 days to 6 months. The method to apply is online; hence, the people with the need of a visa on short notice can apply and get it at shorter time.
eNTRI Visa: The eNTRI visa is also known as the Electronic Travel Registration and Information visa. It is short stay Malaysian visa; hence, people in a need of short-term visa can approach through this visa program. It is a visa program exclusively designed for Indians.
The visa program grants a 15 days stay and will be costing a lesser amount than the Single-entry visa. If your visit to Malaysia is for shorter time, then applying for eNTRI visa is the best one.
Similar to the eVisa, eNTRI visa is even a good option for the Indians who are entering Malaysia from other countries like Thailand, Brunei, Singapore.
Visa on Arrival: Indian Citizens are eligible for Visa on Arrival, only if they enter to Malaysia from Indonesia, or Thailand or Singapore. Also, it is required to show your valid visa from these countries to obtain a visa on arrival.
In addition to these, you are even required to show your confirmed hotel bookings and flight tickets at the immigration counter. The validity of the Malaysia visa on arrival is for a maximum of 7 days.
3. What are the requirements for India passport holder for eNTRI visa?
There are a few requirements to be fulfilled by Indian passport holders for receiving an eNTRI visa. Below find the detailed information:
- With the Indian passport, you should be either living in India or overseas other than Singapore, to be eligible for applying Malaysia eNTRI visa.
- You are eligible to apply, only if you are coming to Malaysia directly from India or returning to India directly.
- You need to have a direct return flight from Malaysia to India or a direct inbound flight from India to Malaysia.
- Eligible if you are entering through an inbound flight from India and a returning flight to India while transiting from Thailand, Brunei, or Singapore only.
- Should be able to enter by air from the following airports only:
- Kuching International Airport, Sarawak
- Miri International Airport, Sarawak
- Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Sabah
- Labuan International Airport, Sabah
- Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Sepang (KLIA & KLIA 2)
- Penang International Airport, Pulau Pinang
- Langkawi International Airport, Kedah
- Melaka International Airport, Melaka
- Senai International Airport, Johor
- Sultan Iskandar Building Immigration Checkpoint, Johor
- Sultan Abu Bakar Checkpoint, Johor
- Padang Besar Checkpoint, Perlis
- Bukit Kayu Hitam Checkpoint, Kedah
- Sungai Tujuh Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
- Tedungan Immigration Checkpoint, Sarawak
4. How to apply for Malaysia e-Visa or an eNTRI visa?
|Step 1 :||Before you plan to apply for the Malaysia e-Visa, be careful and clear about your "purpose of visit." By consulting to an immigration consultant, you will be able understand the visa types and choose the right one.|
|Step 2 :||Fill the application form with appropriate information and fix a recent photograph.|
|Step 3 :||Be sure that, you provide your recent photographs. The photo should seem similar to what you look.|
|Step 4 :||Attach all supporting documents required as per checklist. Make sure your application is complete. Incomplete applications are not accepted.|
|Step 5 :||Submit the application at your nearest VFS Malaysia Visa Application centres. In India, the VFS Malaysia visa application centres are available in Chandigarh, Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad. While submitting the form, you need to provide the required fees in cash or DD.|
|Step 6 :||Then, you need to track your application online by using the reference number. If applying for eNTRI visa, there won't be any need of checking the status, as they are instant and no status updates are mentioned.|
|Step 7 :||After getting an approval, you can collect your passport from the VFS Centre or wait until you receive your courier delivered.|
5. What are the documents required for Malaysia Tourist Visa?
The documents which are required while processing the application for Malaysia Tourist Visa are:
- Recent passport sized photographs.
- Completely filled visa application form with signatures.
- Copy of your front and back of your passport.
- Detailed information of your Flight tickets. If your travel includes to multiple countries, then you need to include information of your air tickets and hotel reservation.
- Latest bank statement with a minimum amount of balance (The balance depends as per the number of people accompanying).
- If planning to visit a relative, you should be providing an invitation or cover letter by including the accommodation details.
- It traveling with a child of age below 13 years, you need to carry a birth certificate or NOC.
6. How long is the processing time for Malaysia Tourist Visa from India?
After processing your application from any of the nearest visa application centre, you need to wait until you obtain your visa approval. The processing time for Malaysia Tourist Visa from India varies from centre to centre.
Below you can find the application centres in India and their approximate processing time for Malaysia Tourist Visa.
|Visa Application Centres in India||Processing Time|
|Chandigarh||6 working days*|
|Kolkata||6 working days*|
|Hyderabad||6 working days*|
|Bangalore||6 working days*|
|Ahmedabad||7 working days*|
|Pune||7 working days*|
*Please Note: The processing times may increase or decrease as per the Consulate General of Malaysia in Mumbai & Chennai, and the High Commission of Malaysia in New Delhi.
7. What is the difference between Malaysia's eNTRI and eVisa?
eNTRI and eVisa are the visa types helping a Indian citizen to visit the country with a Malaysia tourist visa. Below find a few differences by which one can easily understand about eNTRI and eVisa.
|Name of visa||Malaysia eNTRI visa||eVisa|
|30 days Single entry||30 days Multiple entry|
|Total days allowed to stay||15 days only||30 days||30 days|
|Visa fees (INR)||2490 approx.||3580 approx.||3780 approx.|
|Single Entry/ Multiple Entry||Single Entry Only||Only Single Entry||Multiple Entry|
|Allowed to enter from||India, Thailand, Singapore (Direct flight from)||Any Country||Any Country|
|Days before application||2 to 3 days||3 to 7 days||3 to 7 days|
8. What is the good time to apply for Malaysia eVisa by Indians?
The best time to apply for Malaysian tourist visa is before 15 to 20 days of the departure. By applying for the visa before, it will ensure you in having sufficient time in planning your trip to Malaysia.
By starting the application process, you can even overcome the delays if the Malaysian consulate admits. Hence, it is advisable to apply at least a week to 3 days before your departure.
9. What is Malaysia Visa Waiver Program for Indians?
Yes, instead of having a visa, Indian travelers can now travel by registering to an eNTRI visa.
It is an online facility provided by the Government of Malaysia. The visa waiver program is mainly considered for the Indian nationals traveling to Malaysia as tourists.
Below you can find brief information of the Visa Waiver Program for Indians:
- The eNTRI visa program is effective until 31st December 2020.
- In order to travel on the Visa waiver program, interested candidates have to register with the Electronic Travel Registration and Information or the eNTRI system.
- The registration should be completed at an appropriate time before traveling to Malaysia.
- The visa program is valid 3 months and permits a single journey.
- The purpose of visiting Malaysia on this visa should be for tourism.
- In each stay, you are allowed to live for a maximum of 15 days.
10. How will Kansas help in your Malaysian tourism?
If you are in a plan to visit Malaysia in the purpose of tourism, then you are obviously in need of a visit visa. The Malaysian tourist visa is not such a simpler visa program.
It is having many restrictions and mainly for Indians, there are even a few special criteria's designed.
Since the visa programs are many; it is advisable to contact an immigration consultant. By opting to a visa consultant, you can receive a thorough guidance to understand and proceed with the visa process.
Kansas Overseas Careers is one of the promising immigration consultancies in the country with prominent and effective immigration services.
We are having years of experience, and are happy that our experience has helped many of the aspirants to visit their dream destination, live in their dream country as permanent residents, work in their interested country as temporary residents, etc.
If you feel you are even in a need of consultants who can help your immigration process. Then feel free to reach us. We help you for your every query related to your travel. For a quick counseling, you can feel free to reach us by filling our visa counseling form.