The 5 Basic Required Documents of Global Talent Visa
The UK is going to introduce Global Talent Visa on 20th February 2020 in the place of the Tier-1 Exceptional Talent Visa.
This visa will make it easier for the highly talented individuals to enter, work, and live in the UK.
What is the documents checklist of the Global Talent Visa?
Global talent visa required documents are:
- Valid passport
- Copy of the letter of your endorsement given by one of the endorsing bodies of UK
- If your supporting documents are not in English, you need to translate your documents into English
- You can get endorsements in two categories:
- Exceptional talent- this is given to individuals who are highly talented in their field
- Exceptional promise- this is given to individuals who show exceptional promise in their field
- You need to have an empty page in your passport
- Your Global Talent Visa application form.
Who can go to the UK under Global Talent Visa?
The Global Talent Visa is meant for the immigration of exceptionally talented or promising individuals to the UK.
Your visa requirements are to be highly educated and accomplished in the following streams:
- The visa stream is also open to the immigration of talented people in the fields of digital technology, arts and culture (including people who are good within film and television, fashion designing, and architecture).
What are the endorsing bodies of the Global Talent Visa?
Different streams of study have different endorsing bodies.
The following are the institutes which grant endorsements to researchers in various occupations to get Global Talent Visa:
- Science and Research- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
- Natural and Medical sciences- The Royal Society
- Arts, Culture, Fashion, Architecture, Film, and Television- Arts Council England
- Digital Technology- Tech Nation
- Engineering- The Royal Academy of Engineering
- Humanities and Social science- The British Academy
What is the validity period of the Global Talent Visa?
- The maximum period until which an applicant can stay with the Global Talent Visa is 5 years.
- They can submit an application for a 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, or 5-year visa.
- But after completing living in the UK for 3 years, you can submit an application for "Indefinite Leave to Remain."
- You can even come for 1 year short-term work to UK under this visa and work under any temporary foreign worker program under any employment contract.
Can the applicants bring dependents under Global Talent Visa?
Yes, the applicants can bring dependents like spouse and children along with them.
- The spouses can get a work permit if they apply as dependents on the Global Talent Visa applicants.
- The dependents will have complete access to the UK labour market.
- The main goal of the UK government is to facilitate the immigration of exceptionally talented people in the country.
- Hence, the government facilitates the arrival of applicants along with the dependents and settles as permanent residents.
Why is Global Talent Visa better than the Tier-1 Exceptional Talent visa?
Global Talent Visa is better than the Tier-1 Exceptional Talent visa in many ways. The following enlists the advantages of the Global Talent Visa over the previous Tier-1 Exceptional Talent visa.
There is no limit for the number of applicants per year who can get the visa:
- The Tier-1 Exceptional Talent visa has a limit of 2000 individuals per year, who can go to the UK under this visa.
- The new Global talent visa has no limit or cap on the number of individuals who can go per year.
- The UK is introducing this new system to encourage scientists and researchers from across the world to work in the UK.
- Hence it enables as many talented people as possible to get into the UK.
Easier rules to get the visa:
- The Home Office of the UK manages the Tier-1 Exceptional Talent visa.
- The immigration rules then used to be very strict. There used to be numerous rules and regulations if you wanted to apply under this visa.
- The Home Office does not manage the new Global Talent Visa, and hence the rules are lenient.
- The UK welcomes highly skilled workers in their fields.
- You do not need planned employment to get this visa.
Permanent Resident option:
- You can apply for a permanent resident status after completing just 3 years of living in the UK.
- The residence permit in the UK is called "Indefinite Leave to Remain."
- This visa category would process your immigration in the UK faster.
Frequently Asked Questions:
No, you do not need a job offer to get the Global Talent Visa.
No, normal workers cannot submit applications under the Global Talent Visa.
- The visa type is especially open for the immigration of people with exceptional talent or tech talent or high promise and is not a normal work visa.
- It is not a business visa either.
- The normal labour market's needs are not met with this visa.
- People with a normal bachelor's degree cannot go to the UK under this visa.
- The exceptional talented category is also present in Canada and Australia too.
- Canadian employers and Australian employers also search for exceptionally skilled migrants.
No, the government of the UK is closing the Tier-1 Exceptional Talent visa applications from 20th February 2020. The Global Talent Visa completely replaces the Tier-1 Exceptional Talent visa. You cannot apply under the Tier-1 visa further.
If you are already in the UK under the Tier-1 Exceptional Talent visa, you can extend your leave under the Global Talent Visa. You may need to talk to immigration lawyers about the probabilities once.
The Global Talent Visa is issued to talented foreign nationals under exceptional talent and exceptional promise with higher education like a master's degree. That is, individuals are selected if he/she is talented in his/her field or he/she should show certain promise in their field of expertise.
If you are highly talented or have a promise of showing high talent, then the Global Talent Visa is tailor-made for you. Since this is a new stream, you will need guidance in every step.
Kansas Overseas will help you to get the Global Talent Visa successfully. Our team of experts is extensively experienced in the overseas and immigration field and can help you with everything you need.