This stream was created to fill up the shortage of high skilled workers in Canada.
- If you have the right training, skills for the job with at least one year of work experience you can apply through this stream.
- You have to prove a language ability equal to Canadian benchmark CLB Level 5.
- You also need to have a full time permanent job offer letter from a Nova Scotia employer.
- You must present your financial resources to successfully settle in Nova Scotia. You can apply online.
The skilled workers stream is broken down into three sub categories
- Skilled Workers - this is for individuals with experience in a NOC Level O, A OR B classified occupation.
- Semi - Skilled Workers - this is for individuals with work experience in NOC Level C classified occupations,
- Low Skilled Workers - this is for individuals with work experience in NOC Level D classified occupations.
For this provincial nominee program employers must be established in Nova Scotia for at least two years with a salary and benefit scheme that meets the Nova Scotia employment standards.
- There are a few other streams which also require mention in the Nova Scotia Nominee Program
1) Family Business Worker Stream: under this program the employers have the ability to hire close relatives provided they have the specific skills, experience and training needed to perform the job. The employer must be a Canadian citizen owning at least 33.3% of the business.
2) International Graduate stream: it is designed to help employers hire and retain recent international graduates from eligible Canadian Universities. The arranged employment by the Nova Scotia employer must be permanent and must have a connection with their field of study.
3) Agri Food Sector Stream: this is a pilot programme for those immigrants that are interested in Agri - food - program.it is a joint venture between the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration and the Nova Scotia department of Agriculture. The applicant should have a minimum three years experience in farm ownership, farm management and practical farming.