Canada Permanent Resident Visa Details
Canada Permanent Residency is most sought after visa category for skilled professionals in India and aboard. It is a 5 years multiple entry visa that provides skilled foreign workers an opportunity to work and settle in Canada.
After 3 years of stay and work on the PR card, you can change the Canadian PR status to Canadian citizenship. The country provides plenty of benefits to the PR card holders.
What are the key benefits of getting Permanent residency in Canada?
To fill the current gap of skilled professionals in the country, Canada makes immigration beneficial for the potential skilled worker. Below are five benefits of Canadian PR card
- A 5 year's multiple entries visa.
- A "family status" under which both applicants(spouse) can work full time.
- Free education for children, health and social provisions for the entire family.
- Opportunity to invite parent's post-settlement.
- Access to the USA.
What are the documents required for PR visa of Canada?
You need to produce documents based on the attributes you are claiming points for and other relevant documents.
- Education Transcripts
- Employment Experience Letters
- Qualifying WES Report
- IELTS Score Card
- Valid Passport
- Medicals & Police Clearance Certificate
- Proof of Identity
Note: There are additional documents that may be required for immigration process depending on the candidate's profile.
What are the eligibility factors for Permanent Residency of Canada?
To immigrate on Canada permanent residency visa, you need to score 67 points out of 100 points. The point-based system looks into factors like your date of birth, qualification, work experience, language skills, and adaptability. For each factor, you will be able to score points required for Canadian PR.
Your profile also needs to feature in the "National Occupational Classification" List.
What is Canada Permanent Resident Visa Fees?
The Permanent Residence visa cost is 1040 Canadian dollars per applicant above 18 years. The fee for PR visa of canada is generally asked in the later stages of the process.
In the initial stage of the process of Canadian Permanent Residency, you will be charged with an Education Credential Assessment fee. This is 285 Canadian Dollars per applicant. This is to determine whether your education meets Canadian standards and you are all ready for the process.
Processing time for Canada Permanent residency visa.
There are no definitive timelines to get a permanent residence visa for Canada in 2019. The selection and approval of your visa application majorly depend upon your CRS score. However, the processing times after receiving ITA takes about 4 to 6 months.
How to get Canada permanent Resident visa from outside Canada?
To apply for PR card for Canada, you need to follow 3 simple steps
Once your visa is confirmed, you will be asked to submit your passport to the Canadian embassy in India for the visa stamping.
Points required for Canadian Permanent Resident Card
For immigration to Canada, you need to score 67 points out of 100 points under the points-based system:
- Age: 12 points (maximum)
- Education: Max 25 points (maximum)
- Work Experience: Max 15 points (maximum)
- Language Skills: Max 28 points (maximum)
- Adaptability: Max 10 points (maximum)
- Arranged Employment: Max 10points (maximum)
Canada permanent resident visa fees from India.
The Permanent Residency Fee is 56,000 Indian rupees per applicant over 18years and the fee for Education Assessment Credential is 15,500 Indian rupees per applicant.
Best Immigration Pathways To Become A Canada permanent residency in 2019: Major immigration programs to get PR of Canada:
The immigration system of Canada to obtain a Permanent Resident visa. In the year 2015, the government of Canada introduced an economic immigration program called the Express entry system for foreign workers.
Basic eligibility for Canada Express Entry programme.
- Age under 40 years
- Graduate in any stream
- 2-3 years of work experience
- Good English Language Skills
- Financial stability
An extraordinary immigration program for an easier way to get PR card Canada
The Provincial Nominee Programs are becoming the best factor for skilled candidates to immigrate to Canada. With this boost, candidates have the most chances to receive an Invitation to Apply(ITA) through the Canada Express Entry Draws.
Under the new regulations of Quebec immigration 2019, the province aims to invite thousands of skilled workers to immigrate at a faster pace.
- Education: Diploma or Bachelors
- Education Area of Training: Should be in C Category
- Work Experience: Minimum 6 months
- Age: Up to 42 years
- Language Ability: French Minimum B2 Level and English(IELTS)-CLB 5 i.e Listening-5, Reading-4, Writing-5, Speaking-5
Through AIPP, graduates invited for jobs can get PR faster, with less IELTS score.
Benefits of the program
- Candidates even with 1 yr experience qualify
- No Points/Scores required
- IELTS required is less
- No pool or ranking system
- Faster PR status upon meeting eligible factor
- After choosing the programme accordingly, Indian citizens to need to follow the generalized step-by-step procedure mentioned above for applying for the Canada Permanent Residency.
What are the requirements to get Permanent Resident Visa for Canada?
The basic requirements to get Permanent residence in Canada are:
- Proof that you have adequate funds to support your application and stay in the country
- Educational credential assessment (ECA)
- Original copies and official translations of documents supporting your visa application.
- Educational degrees and certificates along with personal identification documents and sponsor letters
- Skills assessment test
- Language test results
- Documents relevant to specific visa categories
How to apply for Canada PR?
Permanent resident visa of Canada has various immigration programs but if you are a skilled worker, Canada Express entry system is the best way to get a permanent resident in Canada. Below is the step-by-step procedure to apply for permanent residency in Canada:
- Complete your Education credentials assessment (ECA)
- Get the required IELTS score.
- Create a profile for Express Entry and lodge your application the online pool.
- Register with the Job Bank (optional).
- Apply for Provincial Nomination program. (optional).
- Receive your Invitation to Apply(ITA)
- A necessary medical and criminal background checks will be conducted by Canada citizenship and immigration(CIC)
- Receive your confirmation of PR status.
- Finally, submit your passport for visa stamping.
How to get PR in Canada?
To immigrate to Canada, you need to meet 2 essential eligibility criteria.
1. You need to score 67points based on Age, Education, Work Experience, Language skills, adaptability, and the Canadian Job offer.
2. The roles of your work experience should feature in the occupations list of Canada, known as "National Occupational Classification". Once your eligibility is confirmed, you can apply for visa card in 3 simple steps.
How to apply for a Permanent Resident visa of Canada from India?
The Step by step process to get permanent resident visa of Canada from India is:
- Check your eligibility. You need to score 67points to qualify.
- Apply for Education Credential Assessment from WES.
- Clear IELTS and arrange the referral letters from the Employer/s.
- Lodge the application in the Express Entry. While lodging tick mark on all the provinces
- Register with job bank. (optional)
- The IRCC will conduct draws twice in a month. Get “Invitation to apply”.
- You will get 60days to arrange all the required documents and apply for the final stage.
- In the last stage, the CIC will ask you to go for the medical exam and the once the experience documents are verified, you will be asked to submit the passport in the Canadian Embassy or consulate of India.
What are various Provincial nominee programs under Canada immigration?
One of the important pathways for candidates who score less than 400points is the popular Provincial nominee program. Each province has different eligibility criteria. Below are the last of programs for Canada:
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Programme
- Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
What are the advantages of immigrating to Canada with family in 2019?
- Canada is an immigrant-friendly country with zero discrimination against immigrants.
- The government promised to provide equal rights, opportunities, and legal support to foreign immigrants similar to the citizens.
- Subsidized education, medical benefits for the entire family makes the country extremely favourable for raising kids.
Who can accompany you as you migrate to Canada on Family sponsorship?
- Spouse- The Canadian authorities assume that your spouse or common-law partner will accompany you unless you don't mention yourself as a bachelor in your profile. You need not apply separately for your spouse.
- Children- Children under 22 years of age is considered under your profile. Mentally unstable or differently abled children are also considered as your dependents.
- Parents/Grandparents- You have to sponsor your parents and grandparents only after you have settled in Canada and lived there for a considerable period.
Things to remember before immigrating to Canada from India with family:
- You must provide them with financial support in case they are non-working or retired
- Your family members must be eager to make all efforts to sustain themselves in Canada
Canada Permanent Resident visa rules 2019:
|Rules||Canada Permanent Resident Process in 2014||Canada Permanent Resident Process in 2019|
|Primary Visa Program for Indians||Federal Skilled Worker Visa(FSW visa)||FSW visa under Express entry program|
|Express Entry Pool System||Not included in the earlier Program||Included in the present program since 2015|
|Number of Stage||2 stages process||3 stages process|
|"CRS points" factor||CRS||Scoring good points in CRS is essential to obtain a PR visa|
|Processing time||6-10 months||There are no defined timelines. The processing time depends on CRS points.|
Is Canada Permanent Residency is easy to get?
Canada permanent resident visa is easy to obtain only when you follow the correct procedure and are rightly guided. The process to obtain this visa involves an easy 5 step procedure. All you will have to do is:
- Check your eligibility & score 67 points under Canada’s points-based immigration system
- Get your education documents assessed by WES
- File for the visa through an Express Entry program
- Upon selection from the pool, apply for the final PR visa and right to permanent residency
- Prove sufficient funds and migrate to Canada
However, this easy 5 step procedure involves a lot of paperwork and timely activity. Consulting and seeking the assistance of an immigration consultant will make your process easier to a large extent