What is Australia PR Visa?
The Permanent residency for Australia allows you to work and settle in Australia for a period of 5 years. You can change the status to a citizen after 3years of formal work.
The PR visa for Australia also allows you to move along with family.
What are the benefits of having a permanent residency in Australia?
The benefits of Permanent resident visa of Australia are:
1. Freedom to live work and settle in any part of the country
2. Official permission for the family members to accompany
3. Free education for children up to a certain age
4. Eligibility to sponsor relatives for permanent residential status
5. Work and health benefits for self and family
What is the eligibility for Australian PR in 2020?
To qualify for an Australian Permanent residency, you need to meet below requirements:
- Points Requirement: You must score at least 65 points under the Point’s Grid.
- Age: You should be below 45 years to apply
- Language Proficiency: A minimum of competent level English language is required.
- Have an Occupation Nominated: You must have an occupation nominated in Australia’s Skilled Occupation List’s.
- Skills Assessment: The designated Australian authorities have to assess your skill based on your education and work experience
- You should prove good health and character.
What is the cost for an Australian PR? (2020)
The fees for Australian Permanent residency is :
- Primary applicant: $4,045 Australian dollars or 204,200 Indian rupees.
- Dependent above 18 years (spouse): $2025 Australian dollar or 102,300 Indian Rupees.
- Dependent below 18 years (children): $1010 Australian dollars or 51,000 Indian rupees.
What is the point system in Australia?
For each candidate who has applied for the PR visa of Australia, they are evaluated based on certain criteria like age, proficiency in English, qualification, work experience, etc. You shall be allotted points on these. You need at least 65 points to qualify.
Free Australia PR Eligibility Check 2020
How to apply for Australian PR?
To apply for Australia Permanent Resident visa, you need first check your eligibility. You need to score 65 points to qualify for the process.
Once your qualification for the PR visa is confirmed, you need to apply for skill assessment. The skill assessment is conducted by a designated authority. This should be followed by the submission of your application online.
The online pool system is called "Expression of Interest." Within 60 days of acceptance of your application, you need to submit the required documents to DIBP. Upon successful verification on documentation, you will be granted a visa.
What is the process of applying for an Australian Permanent residency visa?
To apply for Australia immigration, you can follow the below steps
- Step 1- Check your eligibility
- Step 2- Apply for migration skill assessment through the designated authority
- Step 3- Submit Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Step 4- Within 60 days of acceptance of your EOI, you have to apply for your visa online with all the required documents.
What is the processing time of Australia Permanent residency?
There are various stages to calculate the exact processing time for the PR application. Each processing stage has a different time structured. Below is a tentative timeline for General skilled migration:
- Skill Assessment: During this stage, you need to get your education and work experience assessed. This has to be done under the help of a designated skill assessment body. As early as you provide all documents, you will obtain the result faster. Generally, the processing time ranges from 45 days to 60 days.
- Expression of Interest: You need to prove your interest in Australia. This is done on Australia’s official website – Skill select. This stage mainly depends on your eligibility score. The higher the score is, the higher the chances remain for your Invitation to apply. Hence, the processing time for this stage completely depends on your score.
- Visa Application Submission: After ITA is received; you must submit your visa application to DIBP. DIBP stands for Department of Immigration and Border Protection. This has to be done 60 days post Invitation to Apply is received. Also, if any dependents are accompanied you need to add details of them.
- Verification and Medicals: Medical and character certificates take a bit longer time. Hence, it is suggested for the applicants to apply for verification and medicals immediately after receiving an ITA. This helps you to submit faster for visa approval.
- Visa Approval: After submitting the required documents, the DIBP follows thorough research. Once, they get satisfied with your details; you will have your visa grant. This usually takes a period of 3 – 5 months.
- Preparation for Departure: You will have six months to migrate to Australia after visa approval.
What is the eligibility criteria for Australian PR?
The key eligibilities of the PR for Australia are:
- Age- You should be under the age of 45 years
- Qualification– You must have a degree that is globally accredited including in Australia.
- Language Proficiency– You be proficient in English and have cleared the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with a score of minimum 6 bands
- Visa Category– Select and appropriate program from the various types of Australia PR Visa (Skill sets– Your skill set matches the present highly rated skill set list in Australia
- Job Experience- You have considerable experience in a profession listed in one of the occupation list (MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL)
- Medical status- You are physically and mentally fit
- Point Test- You have scored at least 65 points in the point-based selection system
How to get PR in Australia?
The step by step process to get Australian Permanent Residency are:
- Check your eligibility. You need to score at least 65points.
- Choose the right skills assessing body for 1st step application of the Australian process.
- Post successful assessment of your education and work experience, apply for “skill select (pool system)”.
- Based on your score, you will receive an “Invitation to Apply”(ITA) for the last stage.
- Apply with DIBP for the final stage of the process within 60days after receiving ITA.
- Once you submit your medicals and PCC, your visa will be approved.
What are the key requirements of Australia permanent residency?
An Indian citizen can apply for Australian Permanent residency. If you are a skilled professional, matching all the requirements mentioned above and has obtained at least 65 points in the Australia Point Calculation System and show sufficient settlement funds as a proof of the ability to sustain themselves and their family in Australia.
Here are some key requirements for Indian citizens to migrate to Australia.
- Educational certificates
- English language proficiency
- Work experience certificates (if applicable)
- Travel documents (passports, permission to migrate from relevant authorities)
- Medical and police verification certificates
- Proof of settlement funds (bonds, bank accounts, cash, shares etc.)
What is the overall fee of getting a permanent resident visa of Australia from India?
The total expected fee for Australian PR visa from India is around INR 300,00/- to INR 400,000/- depending on the number of family members. Here is the breakup of the cost.
|Government Visa Processing Fees for Primary, Secondary and Child applicants||
|Skill Assessment (may vary according to authority and occupational fees)||
|English Language Assessment||
|State Sponsorship (If applicable)||
|Medical Test Fees||
|Visa Label Fees||
What is the Australian PR Visa Categories which Indian Citizens can choose?
There are many ways for you to apply for Australia PR card. You need to choose the appropriate program based on your eligibility and requirement. The popular immigration pathways for Australia PR are:
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189): It is one of the visa categories for Permanent Residence. This program is mainly related to skilled workers. However, you need to meet its eligibility criteria. Within this visa, you cannot receive a sponsorship. You need to get an invitation to apply for Australia Permanent residency.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190): This is a visa category for skilled workers who get the nomination from an Australian state/Territory. It is very much required for you to prove your occupation listed in the Skilled Occupation List. You can apply for any sector within the nominated state or territory.
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489): This program was introduced to meet the skill requirement in regional areas of Australia. You should be able to meet the skill requirement and obtain sponsorship or nomination from either state or territory. This visa grants you to live in the country for 4 years.
How can I apply for PR in Australia from India?
The steps required to get an Australian permanent residence visa are:
Step 1: Select your occupation from the Skilled Occupation List(SOL).
Step 2: Need to qualify for the Australia Points Calculator.
Step 3: Lodge your Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill select.
Step 4: Obtain your Invitation to Apply.
Step 5: Submit your PR Application.
Step 6: Police and Medical Clearance Certificates.
Step 7: Get your Visa Grant.