Australia PR Eligibility Check
Is Australia the place you dream to settle in?
To settle permanently in Australia with a PR card, you first need to know if you are eligible to apply. Use this eligibility checker to get a quick confirmation of your eligibility.
What is an Australia PR?
The Australia PR visa is a permanent resident visa issued for non-citizens of the country. By migrating to Australia with this visa, you can experience many privileges for self and the dependents who are accompanying.
With an Australian PR visa, you can:
- Live And Travel Anywhere Within Australia
- Pursue Higher Studies In Australia
- Enjoy Social Security Benefits After Two Years
- Sponsor Your Relatives
- Apply For Government Jobs
- Travel To New Zealand
What are the steps for the Australia PR process from India?
- Step 1: Check your eligibility requirements before applying for the visa type
- Step 2: Get your language proficiency test results
- Step 3: Obtain your skills assessment report from the visa officials
- Step 4: Register your online Expression of Interest (EOI) in Australia's SkillSelect website by choosing the subclass based on your visa purpose
- Step 5: After submitting your application, you will be receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA) if your profile has the required eligibility requirements
- Step 6: Once you receive your ITA, you need to submit your PR application within 60 days with supporting documents that include work experience, education, identity documents, etc.
- Step 7: Along with your PR application, it is crucial to submit certificates related to health and character.
- Step 8: The last step is obtaining your PR visa if you have the qualifying requirements.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Australia PR?
The needful eligibility requirements to process your Australia PR visa are:
- Age: The applicant has to be at least below 45 years while applying
- Skills Assessment: Before planning for Australia immigration, candidates have to get their skills assessed by the immigration authorities
- PR Points Calculator: You need to score a minimum of 65 points under Australia's PR Points Grid
- Nominated Occupation: For any applicant having a skill nominated under the Skilled Occupation List is a major need
- English Language Proficiency: Candidates have to show at least competent level ability in English language proficiency
- Character Assessment: It is essential to provide character certificates that state you do not have any criminal record
- Health Assessment: The health assessment document is important to declare that you are healthy for the nation
Common Documents Required for Australia PR
- Required Application Form
- Educational Credential Assessment Report
- Birth Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Proof of Nomination (if applicable)
- Test Results of IELTS or Others
- 2 Passport Size Photographs
- Skill Documents of the Spouse (if applicable)
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- Business Reference Letters (if required)
Cost of an Australian PR
Processing cost of Australian Permanent Residency application is given in the table below:
Australian Permanent Resident Visa Processing Fee
Dependent Visa Applicant
(Over 18 Years)
Dependent Visa Applicant
(Under 18 Years)
What is the Processing Time for the Australia Permanent Residency?
Generally, the visa processing time for Australia's Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189 visa) process can be from 8 to 9 months, and the processing time for Australia's Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) visa can be from 6 months to 8 months.
How Can Kansas Overseas Help?
Kansas Overseas Careers is the best immigration consultant in India. Don’t take our word for it, we have the numbers to prove it. Our success rate is 98.23 %.
- Visit Visa: Travel for leisure or business to any part of the world with Kansas.
- Study Visa: Kansas will ensure that you qualify. And look forward to studying abroad.
- Work Visa: We will help you obtain qualified employment. That is legally issued to you by the concerned authorities.
- Immigration: We are experts in arranging everything that is needed for your international movement.
- Permanent Residence: We’ll help you obtain permanent residency in your dream country.
- Job-Search Services: We look for appropriate openings to match your qualifications.
- Profile Evaluation: Based on your unique profile history, we make matches with the visa eligibility requirements, and advise you with the visas you must apply for.
- Resume Writing: We guide you to create a resume that stands out as desired by the concerned immigration authority.
- Procuring documents: Help you arrange documents needed before applying for a visa.
- Professional guidance: Be it providing you interview training, French/English courses or working samples for resumes, cover letters, or assisting with application forms, medical or police clearance certificates - we will always be there for you.
- Dedicated Case Officer: We offer personal assistance and a single point of contact between the company and you, throughout the process
- Post-Landing Services: We help you settle down in the country after you’ve received your visa. These services are specifically customized as per your requirements.
You can expect a one-stop solution for all your visa needs from profile evaluation, documentation, application drafting to post-visa services with Kansas.
Choose a particular program on the basis of your eligibility. Some immigration pathways for different Australia PR visas include
Skilled Independent Visa-subclass 189
The suitable visa program in Australia for PR is the Skilled Independent Visa. Before applying, you should meet eligibility criteria. You are bound to get an invitation for a PR visa.
Skilled Nominated Visa-subclass 190
The visa helps every skilled professional. On the basis of your points, the state or territory government nominates you. Prove whether your occupation is part of STSOL.
Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa
Subclass 491 visa allows you to live and work in Australia with its validity for 5 years. Meet skill criteria wherein you seek nomination of sponsorship from state/territory.
We can help you migrate to Australia!
What are the latest changes in Australia immigration 2020?
There have been a few latest changes in the Australia immigration system made by department immigration. Below find a few of them listed for your reference:
Major changes included for Australia's immigration point system:
- 10 Points for Skilled spouse or de facto partner
- 10 Points for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) qualifications
- 15 Points for skilled workers who are nominated by a Territory or State government or a family member who is residing in regional areas of Australia
- 5 Points for the spouse or de facto partner having a competent level of English
- 10 Points for skilled workers who do not have a spouse or de facto partner accompanying
Introduction of New Visa types:
- Removal of subclass 489 visa and replacing the visa with subclass 491 visa
- The intro of subclass 491 visa - Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa for candidates who plan to obtain a nomination from state or territory government or sponsored by an eligible family member who is living in the designated regional area
- Intro of subclass 191 visa - Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional Visa) from 16th November 2022
Where should I process my Australian Permanent Residency application?
- The visa process has several stages, and each stage requires many requirements which are important to process the application.
- Any issue or failure in submitting the required document can cause hurdles in the process. Hence, it is important to consult a leading Australia immigration consultancy while planning for Australia immigration.
What is the Required IELTS Score to Migrate to Australia?
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. It is the proficiency test used by many people across the globe while opting for a study visa, work permit, permanent resident visa, etc.
The minimum IELTS requirement for Australia immigration is 6 points in all four skill abilities.
Language Ability Score in each test component.
- Superior English: 8 or more points in each test component in the IELTS
- Proficient English: 7 or more points in each test component in the IELTS
- Component English: 6 or more points in each test component in the IELTS
What are the pathways to Australian Permanent Residency?
The popular visa pathways which are chosen by many people across the globe for Australia PR are:
- Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189 visa): This migration program is issued for foreign nationals who have occupations listed on Australia's Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and doesn't have a nomination obtained from a state or an employer or a territory or a family member. The qualifying skilled workers can live, work, and settle in the country as permanent residents.
- Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190 visa): This visa type is issued for non-citizens of the country having a nomination obtained from a state or territory or an employer or a family member. To qualify under this, it is important for the applicant to qualify under Australia's PR point's grid.
- Skilled Work (Regional) Provisional Visa (Subclass 491 visa): This visa type is the new one that has replaced the subclass 489 visa. On 16th November 2019, the 489 visas got replaced with the 491 visas. It is even a general skilled migration visa issued for skilled workers who are eligible to live, work, and study in the designated regional areas of Australia. The visa is issued with 5 years validity, and the visa holders can apply for permanent residence after serving 3 years.
Can I apply for Australian PR without IELTS?
No, it's a little risky. Since Australia is an English-speaking country, an individual needs to prove their ability to speak, read, and write in English. If you are unable to score at least CLB 7 in IELTS or not willing to attend IELTS and planning for an alternative, then prefer other examinations such as:
- Occupational English Test (OET)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Cambridge Advanced English Test (CAE)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language-internet based (TOEFL)
Can I apply for citizenship after getting an Australia PR visa?
Yes, you can. It is a 5 years visa program and provides a privilege to apply for Australian citizenship after a successful 4 years completion as a permanent resident.
- Australia's Department of Home Affairs has designed several subclasses under the Australia PR visa criteria so that skilled workers can apply based on their purpose or eligibility.
- These subclasses, in other words, are known as the PR pathways for Australian permanent residency.
- There are even more Australian visa types which are much popular among the people around the globe. But Australia's PR visa has unique importance and popularity, and this is because of many reasons.