- Get private medical treatment
- Visit the UK for holiday or sightseeing
- Visit family or friends (family visitor visa category candidates)
- Job-related activities (if you are coming under business visitor visa type) including:
- Business meetings (business visa type)
- Cultural events as a performer
- Sports events
- Taking part in research etc.
- If you are coming under a student visa, you can do short term courses depending upon your visa validity period.
- You need to show that you will return to your homeland after your visit
- You need to have the financial ability to support yourself and your dependents during your stay
- You need to show that you can afford a return ticket and any costs that can occur during your stay.
- The dates you’re planning to travel to the UK
- Details of where you’ll be staying during your visit
- Your current home address and how long you’ve lived there
- Proof that you intend to leave the UK after your visit is complete
- How much your trip will cost
- Your parents’ names and dates of birth
- How much you earn in a year
- Details of your travel history for the past 10 years
- Your employer’s address and telephone number
- Your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number
- The name and address of anyone paying for your trip
- The name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK
- Details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you have committed
- At most 30 days: If you are a traveler under an ADS agreement
- Up to 6 months: If you are traveling for a family visit or tourism
- Up to 11 months: If you are traveling for private medical treatment
- Up to 12 months: If you are an academic completing a research project in the UK
- An application form (VAF1A) with the GWF number.
- Passport-size photo
- Valid passport
- Employment documents
- Registration documents of business
- University/college leave of absence documents on the institute’s letterhead (if you are a student)
- Bank statements of the last 6 months
- Invitation letter from the family member or friend (if any)
- Itinerary describing your travel schedule in the UK
- Booking details of the hotel you are going to stay in.
- Go to the website of UK Visas and Immigration.
- Use your mail id and password to create a profile
- Log in, fill in the visa application form
- Sign in the declaration
- Pay the concerned visa fee
- Submit visa application
- Take the print out of the visa application form
- Take an appointment at the preferred UK visa application center
- Attend the interview at the embassy
- Submit all your supporting documents along with your passport at the embassy/consulate
- You can either pick up directly or get the visa stamped passport from the mail.
UK Visitor Visa Types
Cost in INR
Single/Multiple Entry Short Term Visa (upto 6 months)
Single/Multiple Entry Long Term Visa (upto 2 years)
Single/Multiple Entry Long Term Visa (upto 5 years)
Single/Multiple Entry Long Term Visa (upto 10 years)
Visiting UK for Private Medical Treatment (upto 11 months)
Processing Time for a UK Tourist Visa
It takes 15 days for Indians to get the UK visitor visa generally. If there is any special issue, it may take up to 30 days.
How can you get a UK visitor visa?
To visit the UK, you need to:
- Fill in the visa application appropriately
- Pay the fees
- Attend the interview at the visa application center
- Provide all the documents asked of you
- Need all the documents for entry clearance.
- If you are completing a research program: In this case, the maximum period of validity is 12 months.
- If you are going through private medical treatment:you can get a 6 months extension to your visa.
- If you are taking the PLAB exam: If you are taking the PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board) test for the second time, you can get a 6 months extension.
Visit the UK and explore the unexplored landscapes, historic buildings and monuments. Make the best use of your UK tourist Visa and make your trip a memorable one.
Just remember that the basic requirements needed:
Top 7 Requirements for the UK visitor visa are:
- Proof of return on the scheduled date
- Proof of funds
- Proof of activities (business or otherwise) you wish to participate
- Intent to leave UK after travel is complete
- Accommodation details during your visit
- Travel itinerary
- Proof that you can pay for your air travel
We at Kansas make it possible for you to increase your chances of Visa Approval by 4X.
How can Kansas help?
Kansas Overseas Careers specializes in Permanent Residency Visas, Work Visas, Study Visas, Temporary visas, and Dependent Visas to Canada, UK, USA, Germany, and Hong Kong.
Apart from these services, Kansas offers its clients personalized services such as:
- Profile Evaluation: Professional guidance based on an in-depth assessment of the client profile to determine chances of visa success.
- Documents & Review: Detailed, error-free documentation based on the visa type drafted to meet specific formats.
- Dedicated Case Officer: A dedicated consultant to assist clients throughout the process.
- Visa Filing: Kansas ensures that the visa applications meet all the standard requirements of concerned immigration authorities and governing bodies.
- Test Preparations: Complimentary online courses are offered to help aspirants improve their Language Proficiency for important exams like IELTS, French, TOEFL, and PTE.
- Visa & Interview: Guidance is provided for aspirants attending visa interviews along with verified documents.
- Post-Landing Service: Kansas helps clients settle down in the new country with a comfortable stay after they have received their visas.
- Job Search Services: To connect to a global network of employers based on client Profile, location of interest, and job requirements.
- Resume Writing: Dedicated team of resume experts to craft the best resumes that meet prerequisites of immigration authorities and potential employers. This greatly improves their chances of selection.
- Profile Marketing: Kansas is well-known for creating the best-in-class portfolios that boost applicant profiles in job-portals. And yes, this is a complimentary service!