The USA visit visa is a short-term visa for applicants who want to visit the USA for business or medical treatment or leisure purposes.
Every year thousands of Indians apply for a visit visa. Below is the complete guide of documents for the person visiting the USA for a different purpose.
What are the Documents Required to Complete the Online Application for a USA Visitor Visa?
The mandatory documents required to apply for a US tourist visa.
- Valid Passport
- Travel Itinerary
- Dates of your last 5 visit to the USA
- Resume or CV
- Photograph (as per specifications)
Supporting Documents Based on the Tourist Visa Types:
USA on Tourism & Pleasure Support Documents:
- Proof of funds for expenses in the USA
- Bank Statement-Copy of passbook
- FDs and Mutual Funds - Easy Liquidity
- Travel Itinerary
- 1-year old ITR
- Resume or CV
- PAN card
- Business card (if any)
Supporting Documents to Visit the USA to Meet Family, Children, or Attend Any Family Event:
- Letter of invitation from family member or children
- Event invitation proof
Supporting Documents to Visit USA When a Spouse (B-1) or Children Requesting Dependent Visa (B-2) to Accompany Them:
- Copy of B-1 visa and passport (if the visa is pending apply)
- Letter of invitation from a B-1 visa holder
- Letter to embassy consulate requesting to give visa for spouse or children
- Letter from the company stating the B-1 visa holder can take care of their dependent
- Proof of funds for the expenses from sponsor (from either B-1 visa holder or company)
Documents Required for your Visa Interview:
Below original documents are needed to be taken at the time for an interview at the USA consulate general:
- Valid Passport
- 1 Photograph (as per specifications)
- Visa application form DS 160
- Visa fee payment receipt
- US visa appointment letter printout
- Supporting Documents based on your visit purpose
- Proof of your purpose of visit
- Intent to depart from the USA at the end of the trip
- Financial Proof for paying for your stay in the USA
Documents for the Visit purpose proof:
Here is the complete detailed list of documents based on the visa purpose of visit:
- Travel itinerary
- To and From flight tickets
- Accommodation details
- If visiting friend or family:
- Invitation letter from a friend or family
- If visiting on business purpose:
- Information on the US-based business associate
- Applicant’s business card
- If visiting for an event:
- Proof of event
- Invitation card
If visiting for medical treatment:
There are 3 documents based on the treatment type:
- A medical diagnosis from a local physician stating:
- Reason for taking the treatment
- Explain the nature of alignment
- A letter from the US medical facility or physician stating:
- Their willingness to treat your alignment
- Cost of treatment (including doctor’s fee, hospitalization, and other medical costs)
- Proof of payment in the US for transportation, medical, and living expenses:
- Proof of bank statement or additional savings
- Income tax returns (of yours or the organization who is paying)
Documents for Intent to Depart from the USA at the End of the trip:
Here is the complete detailed list of documents for intent to depart from the USA at the end of the trip:
- Employment letter from your home country
- Family ties proof:
- Birth certificate of children
- Birth certificate of elders who require your care
- Proof of property (documents, photographs, personal affidavits)
Documents of Financial Proof for Paying for Your Stay in the USA:
The detailed guide for this category is:
- 1 or more past year income tax returns
- Recent bank statement
- Proof of visitor health insurance
What are the Other Documents Required to Get a Visitor Visa?
The other miscellaneous documents for visitor visa are:
- Employment related: Letter of employment verification
- No Object Certificate (NOC) for government employees
- If self-employed, proof of business and financial history
What is the Visa Application Process for a USA Tourist Visa?
Below are the steps to apply for a tourist visa for the USA:
- Step 1: Fill the visa application form DS-160 and answer all the questions carefully.
- Step 2: Sign the application form electronically and submit the form along with a passport photo.
- Step 3: You can pay the fees within 48 hours of form submission. The fee can be paid online or offline
- Step 4: Print the DS-1160 application form with the barcode and preserve it till you reach the US.
- Step 5: Soon after submission of the form, you have to attend 2 interviews. So, the slot should be booked immediately.
- Step 6: The first interview is for biometrics, which is for taking your fingerprint and photograph. The processing time is 10 minutes
- Step 7: The second interview is an important one as this is for knowing the visa applicant’s purpose of visit to the US. Here the visa applicants will be questioned about the trip details like funding, purpose, etc. the result of the interview is given on the spot.
- Step 8: If the visa is approved, you have to submit your passport for stamping. Once the stamping is done, you will receive an email, and then you need to visit the consulate office and collect your passport.
What is the Cost of the Visit Visa Application Fee?
You are required to pay 160 USD (INR 11,500) non-refundable visa application fees. You may pay the amount online, sometimes the option is not available. In such cases, you should pay at the time of the interview.
When paying offline, take the exact amount in your country’s currency equivalent to 160 $ and also check by which mode your consulate office accepts payment.
Why Choose Kansas Overseas?
Kansas Overseas is the best immigration consultant in India. With dedicated experts, we offer a single point of contact between you and the company throughout the visa process.
How can Kansas Help you?
Kansas Overseas Careers is the best immigration consultant in India. Don’t take our word for it, we have the numbers to prove it. Our success rate is 98.23 %.
We are the best immigration agents because,
- We are an ICCRC (Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council)-approved, RCIC Immigration agent. Kansas Overseas Careers work with an independent ICCRC agent for all aspects of PR immigration visa.
- Dedicated Case Officer: We offer personal assistance and a single point of contact between the company and you, throughout the process
- Decade-long Expertise: We have an experienced team with a proven track of success
- Guided documentation: Right from evaluation to Visa application and documentation, followed by post-landing services.
- Highlighting opportunities: Highlighting high-potential opportunities across global industries
- Helping you succeed: Be it providing you interview training, French/English courses or working samples for resumes, cover letters or assisting with application forms, medical or police clearance certificates - we will always be there for you.
You can expect a one-stop solution for all your visa needs from profile evaluation, documentation, application drafting to post-visa services with Kansas.
1. Who is eligible to visit the USA under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)?
To visit the US on business, leisure, or medical treatment purposes require a B type of tourist visa category. But you can be exempted from a visa under the Visa Waiver Program if you follow the following requirements:
- If you are a citizen or permanent resident on a green card from one of the State Department’s lists of Visa Waiver Program (VWP) participating countries. Here they have an agreement with the US for travel on entry visa an exit visa
- If you have not violated any rules of your non-immigrant visa previously
- If you want to visit the USA for 3 months (90days) for the pleasure of business
- If you do not have an intention to stay in the USA permanently
- If you do not enter the US by any private aircraft or non-approved VMP air or sea carrier
2. Why are Supporting Documents Required for Tourist Visa Application?
The motive behind the support documents is to prove:
- Intent to return to home country
- Criminal history
- Financial stability
These are important for completing your visa interview successfully.
3. What are the tips for processing your tourist visa?
Getting a tourist visa for the US is a long process. Filling the form, collecting additional documents, and attending an interview at consular can be a difficult task. Follow the 9 tricks below and relax:
- Fill the application form DS-160 of your travel visa in the English language carefully
- Research well about the requirements as each country has its specifications
- Double check your application before submitting the form to avoid errors
- After submission, book for biometrics and interview appointment with the consular as soon as possible to avoid long waiting time at the consulate
- Organize all the documents, including the travel document, affidavit of support, sponsorship letter, and other documents required for the visa process. Label all the documents well before reaching the consulate at the visa application centre
- During the interview, be kind and polite with the consular. Make eye to eye contact with the consulate and confident while answering the questions.
- Interview would be conducted in English or your native language. If you do not understand any question, ask the interviewer politely to repeat the question.
- Be prepared for “suppose that” questions which the interview will ask to determine if you have any intent to stay back in the USA permanently
- Lastly, when you get a visa, check for all the details, especially spelling your name. This is an important point for any visa, whether it is a visit or a student visa.
4. How long can you stay in the US on a tourist visa?
The maximum stay option for the tourist visa, i.e., B-2 type of visa is 6 months. If you wish to stay longer, you can extend your visa.
5. How long does a US visitor visa take to process?
The processing time for the visit visa depends upon the purpose of the visit. Generally, the process would be for 3-5 weeks. Once you attend the interview, you will get the decision on the spot.
6. Who can apply for a USA visitor visa?
The non-immigrant visa is required for foreign nationals who wish to visit the USA on a short trip. The temporary visit purpose could be for tourism, business, or for both. B-1 Visa is for Business, B-2 Visa is for Tourism, if you require both the purpose, then you can opt for a B-1/B-2 Visa.
7. How long does it take to get your visa approved?
After the interview, if the consular is satisfied with your interview, they will disclose the decision on the spot, and if positive, you can submit your passport for stamping.
8. What are the travel purposes for granting different types of visas?
Depending on the visa type, the travel purpose of the citizens can be for:
Purpose of Travel for B-1 Business Visitor Visa:
- Business associates consulting
- Attending the conference
- Estate settlement
- Contract negotiation
Purpose of Travel for B-2 Visitor Visa:
- Visiting tourist places
- For spending vacation
- Relatives and friends visiting
- Medical treatment
- Social event and amateur performances participation
- Enrolled in the non-credit, short study course
9. What are the documents required for a Tourist visa?
The necessary documents required for a tourist visa are:
- Valid passport
- Travel itinerary
- 1 photograph with specification
- DS 160 visa application form
- Fee payment proof
- Visa interview appointment letter
These are the basic requirements. The supporting documents depend upon the purpose of your visit and visa type.
10. What are the documents to be taken to the visa application centre for getting a US Visit Visa?
The documents to be taken to the centre during the interview are:
- Travel Document like Passport
- DS-160 confirmation form
- Appointment confirmation page
- 1 photography according to US specification
- Supporting documents as per the required visa type
What are the Passport Size Photograph Specifications?
The requirements for passport photo during visa interview and online application are:
- Colour photo
- Head measurement between 22 mm to 35 mm
- Recent (less than 6 months old)
- White background
- Full face facing camera
- Neutral expression with open eyes
- Clothing should be of daily wear clothes
- Head covering allowed (if religious basis and not having shadows on face)
- Headphones not allowed, but hearing devices can be worn
What are the Digital photo for online visa requirements>
- Minimum 600 X 600 pixel to 1200 X 1200 pixel Maximum in Dimension
- 24 bits/pixel Colour
- JPEG file format
- 240 KB file size
- 51 x 51 mm and 300 pixels if scanned