Canada Express Entry Program
Why do most of the people prefer migrating to Canada? Though there are several reasons to look out, immigration, Canadian economy, and career opportunities have a major contribution in creating the interest.
After the introduction of Express Entry System, the pathway for Canada has turned much convenient to many immigrants. It directly lands the candidates with a permanent residency status.
In the before system, first-come, first-serve was the pattern for selecting immigrants. Through this path, Canada could receive migrants, but there was lack of skilled professionals.
Also, the processing times were too longer for the interested candidates. Hence, to trigger out these loopholes, the immigration government of Canada introduced Express Entry system.
Below find the details of the total number immigrants migrated to Canada from 2000-2018.
Know more about Canada Express Entry
Express Entry is a Canadian immigration application system. It is the platform where candidates planning for Canada PR launch their application.
"It is not an immigration program in itself, but a method for selecting the best candidates for Canada's existing skilled worker immigration programs." - Immigration Canada
Interested candidates have to meet the required eligibility score and launch their application. The higher the score they obtain, the easier it becomes for obtaining Canada PR.
After the Express Entry launch, the system turned to be the most helping for many skilled candidates. Many of them could find their easy pathway for Canada immigration.
Now, let us find the differences between the Express Entry and the previous immigration system.
|Express Entry||Previous Canadian System|
|Overall Total Points||1200||100|
|Maximum age needed to score full points||29 years||35 years|
|Criteria to select candidates||Candidates rank in Express entry pool||First come, First serve (need to score 67 out of 100)|
|Points Distribution for Single or Married applicants||Difference in points||Same points|
|Points for Skills transferability||Yes Included||Not Included|
|A few specific list of occupations||No||Yes|
|Limit for accepting applications||No||Yes|
|Method of Application Submission||Online||Paper (Hardcopy)|
Two Major Changes with Express Entry
- In November 2016, the system was tweaked to reduce points for a job offer and introduce points for Canadian education credentials. The "job offer" definition has also been extending to include certain LMIA-exempted job offers.
- In June 2017, a further change provided additional points for advanced French language skills (NCLC 7 or higher) and for having a sibling in Canada." - Immigration Canada
4 Best Ways to Immigrate to Canada through Express Entry
Express Entry Canada offers four efficient pathways for Canada. Based on the travelling purpose, you can choose the pathway and start your application process.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee Program
Federal Skilled Worker Program: It is one of the best programs under the Express Entry system. The program is mainly referred to skilled professionals with work experience related to Canada in-demand occupation list.
Eligibility Requirements for FSW:
- Need to have at least one year work experience with skills in 0, A and B.
- Your occupation must be listed in the in-demand list of the country.
- Must be able to prove a good language proficiency; with at least CLB 7 in English.
- Need to perform an ECA or Educational Credential Assessment for proving your educational standards similar to Canadian standards.
- Should not include in any criminal activities and hold good health.
Federal Skilled Trades Program: The program is mainly referred to candidates who are qualified and have experience in their skilled trade opportunity to become a Canadian permanent resident.
Eligibility Requirements for FSTW:
- Need to have an intention to reside anywhere except Quebec.
- Should have at least CLB 5 for speaking and listening; and CLB 4 for reading and writing.
- Need to have 5 years overall experience and must hold a minimum of 2 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
- Must meet the roles and responsibilities as mentioned in the NOC.
- Should hold a full-time employment opportunity issued by a province or territory for at least a year.
Canadian Experience Class: The program is specifically for candidates who have spent some time in Canada and have a good skill experience, knowledge of English/French while studying or holding a temporary work permit.
Eligibility Requirements for CEC:
- Need to have work experience in skills related to Managerial Jobs (NOC skill type 0), Professional Jobs (NOC skill type A), and Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades (NOC skill type B).
- Should hold a minimum of 12 months full-time experience in the nominated occupation in the past three years.
- Must hold your past experience according to the work associated.
- Need to meet minimum language requirement either in English or French.
- Should not plan to live in Quebec.
Provincial Nominee Program: The program helps candidates to settle in particular province or territory. Through this, the Canadian provinces and territories can nominate candidates meeting their required eligibility.
The programs under the Provincial Nominee Programs are:
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- The AINP stream consists of three streams:
- The Alberta Opportunity Stream
- The Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The Self-Employed Farmer Stream
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) - The BC PNP stream consists of three streams:
- Skills Immigration
- Express Entry BC
- Entrepreneur Immigration Streams
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- The MPNP stream consists of the following streams:
- Skilled Worker Immigration Stream
- Manitoba Business Investor Stream
- Morden Community Driven Immigration Initiative - through the MPNP
- International Education Stream
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP) - The NBPNP targets mainly for entrepreneurs, skilled workers, international graduates with skilled workers and employer support.
- Express Entry Labour Market Stream
- Skilled Workers with Employer Support
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
- Entrepreneurial Stream
- Skilled Workers with Family Support
- Succession Connect pilot program
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
- The program is mainly includes for skilled workers, entrepreneurs and international graduates meeting the province skill requirement.
- Newfoundland & Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker
- Skilled Worker Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Entrepreneur Category
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)
- The NSNP has multiple immigration streams and has three streams aligned with Canada's Express Entry System.
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities for Physicians
- Skilled Worker Stream
- Occupation in Demand Stream
- Entrepreneur Stream
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Physician Stream
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
- Through OINP, candidates matching the skills, education, and work experience receive nomination from the province for permanent residence.
- Human Capital Category
- Employer Job Offer Category
- Business Category
Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
- The island through PEI PNP welcomes skilled workers, entrepreneurs and international graduates with a plan to live and reside in the same province.
- PEI PNP Express Entry
- Labour Impact Category
- Business Impact Category
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
- It is one of the popular immigration program welcoming thousands of immigrants yearly. The applications under SINP are accepted from the following categories:
- International Skilled Worker Category
- Saskatchewan Experience Category
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category
Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
- The applications under the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP) are
- Northwest Territories Employer Driven Program
- Express Entry System for Skilled Workers
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Impact Worker
- Northwest Territories Business Immigration Program
- Business Stream
Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
- With the official Yukon immigration program, eligible employers from Canada nominate business people and trained foreign workers for Canada PR.
- Yukon Express Entry (YEE)
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Impact Worker
- Business Nominee
Below find the admissions received through PNPs in 2017 and 2018:
|Newfoundland and Labrador||8||44|
|Prince Edward Island||740||384|
Below find the total number of ITAs issued to candidates in 2015 to 2018 by the economic programs of Express Entry:
Express Entry Draws - a Boon for receiving ITAs faster for PR Visa
Express Entry Draws are implemented by the IRCC to facilitate the skilled professionals processing their immigration process with economic programs.
The express entry draws are conducted at regular intervals, i.e. usually once every 15 days or two weeks difference. The draws are conducted with a pre-determined CRS score.
And, the Express Entry profiles matching the pre-determined score receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canada PR. The higher the overall profile score, the easier to obtain an ITA with Express Entry draws.
Below find the details of the lowest cut-off score from 2015 to till now
Know more about Express Entry Processing Time
The processing time for the applications under Express Entry is usually 6 months for a maximum of profiles. These processing times are measured after receiving the final decision from an immigration officer.
IRCC is trying to maintain a standard processing time for most of the cases. In 2017, IRCC met the 6- months processing time for almost 80% of the cases in FSW and CEC.
In order to meet the Multi-year immigration levels plan, much better efforts are taken up by the IRCC in accelerating processing times.
Below find the table displaying the average processing time to process applications under each program:
|Express Entry Programs||2015||2016||2017||2018|
|Canadian Experience Class||3||6||4||5|
|Federal Skilled Workers||5||6||4||6|
|Federal Skilled Trades||5||6||6||7|
|For all Programs||4||6||5||5|
6 Benefits you may not know about Express Entry
- Ability to change the program efficiently and quickly as per your economic needs.
- Better chances to migrate by meeting labour market needs.
- Increase profile score and improve chances for Invitation to Apply.
- Provides a very clear picture of Canada immigration Prospects
- With reduced processing times, can easily be prioritized for success.
- Better chances of easier immigration with program-specific draws.
Canada PR Visa Fee with Federal Skilled Worker Program
Canada is one of the nations with most feasible fee options. Not only has a range of visa programs, it even includes various aspects as fee expenses at affordable price.
Canada fee requirements include for visa application, medical examination, language test fees, etc. Along with this, it even varies on number of persons accompanying on the visa, place of accommodation, etc.
|Fee Pattern||Fees in Canadian Dollars|
|Your application Includes Processing Fee ($550) and Right Of Permanent Residence Fee ($490)||1,040|
|Your application (if right of permanent residence fee is not needed)||550|
|If your spouse or partner are included Processing fee ($550) and Right Of Permanent Residence Fee ($490)||1,040|
|Include your spouse or partner (if right of permanent residence fee is not needed)||550|
|If a dependent child is included||150 (per child)|
Top 10 countries of citizenship in 2016 and 2017
During the report made by the Government of Canada Express Entry economic immigration system, India and China leaded Express Entry candidates in invitations to apply for Canada PR in 2017.
Below find the table illustrating the top 10 national countries which have received the highest number of Invitations to Apply in 2016 and 2017.
|Top 10 Countries||Express Entry ITAs in 2016||Top 10 Countries||Express Entry ITAs in 2017|
|United States||1,319||United Kingdom||2,652|
|Ireland, Republic Of||1,227||United States||2,030|
|Australia||849||Ireland, Republic Of||1,274|
Express Entry & PNPs have a great role in the extended Canada Immigration targets
With Multi-year immigration plan, new permanent resident targets increased to 1.3 million between 2018 and 2021. Later, these targets were further increased.
"Of the 1.3 million new permanent residents that Canada is planning for by the end of 2021, nearly a quarter - 331,000 - are projected to come through the three economic immigration classes managed by Express Entry, based on their annual targets." - CIC News
Canada has now extended its hand towards welcoming over 1.3 million people through various economic programs, family and refugee and humanitarian categories.
Below find the annual targets set by the IRCC for 2017-2021:
Considering the immigration targets, the immigration programs of Canada have even raised their immigration intakes. Express Entry programs and PNPs have a major role played to welcome more than 1.3 million immigrants by 2021.
Find the below graph illustrating the Canada immigration levels for 2017-2021:
The immigration level plans reflect Express Entry and PNPs as a great pathway for Canada PR. Hence, if you are a skilled professional, get your immigration process for Canada started now.
Check your eligibility and begin your Canada immigration process by contacting to our Canada immigration experts.