3 Easy Steps To Apply For Canada Express Entry
Canada immigration department introduced the Express Entry program in 2015.
The aim of this program is to streamline all visa applications using one platform and fulfil the ever-increasing labour demand of Canada.
What is the Express Entry?
"It (Express Entry) is not an immigration program in itself, but a method for selecting the best candidates for Canada's existing skilled worker immigration programs." - Immigration Canada
The Express Entry system helps Canada to recognize the top talent from across the globe and invite them to apply for permanent residency (with family).
What are the requirements for applying for temporary or permanent residence in Canada through Express Entry?
The requirements to apply for visa of Canada are:
- You should qualify one visa programs of Canada.
- You should have at least 2 years of work experience
- You should score at least 6 bands in language test (IELTS exam).
- You should meet all the health requirements of Canada.
- You should have funds in your accounts to manage you stay in Canada.
Who is eligible for Express Entry to Canada?
To become eligible for Express Entry, you need to meet the requirements of any one of the visa program of Canada. Some of the popular visa programs are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (Permanent Residence)
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Canada Federal Trade Program
"Of the 1.3 million new permanent residents that Canada is planning for by the end of 2021, nearly a quarter - 331,000 - are projected to come through the three economic immigration classes managed by Express Entry, based on their annual targets." - CIC News
How to apply for temporary or permanent residence in Canada through Express Entry?
To apply for permanent residence of Canada, you need to follow the 3 stages process.
- Complete Educational Credential Assessment: Canadian immigration authorities assign various Education assessment (like WES) to evaluate:
- your qualification.
- its subjects.
- the University (where you have completed the education)
- and the total years of Education
- Lodge your application in Express Entry Pool: You need to create your profile and submit it in the Express Entry pool system.It should include your education, work experience, language test(IELTS score), travel history, etc.
- Lodge your final file with CIC: Here, you will be asked to undergo medicals and produce a police clearance certificate. Upon successful verification of your documents, your permanent resident visa will be granted.
Canada Points Calculator (CRS Calculator)
How to calculate your Express Entry score?
The express entry points, also known as "CRS score," is based on 4 essential areas of your profile (including work experience). You can calculate your points with our (updated) points calculator
What are the minimum required points allowed for your Express Entry score?
The best part of the express entry is doesn't have any cut off points criteria to apply. However, you to qualify for one of the visa programs and get the highest points in the CRS point system.
How much does it cost for Express Entry to Canada?
The fee to apply for permanent residence under Express Entry of Canada are:
|Fee Pattern||Fees in Canadian Dollars|
|Your application Includes Processing Fee||$550|
|Right of Permanent Residence Fee||$490|
|If your spouse or partner are included Processing fee||$550|
|Include your spouse or partner||$490|
|If a dependent child is included||$150|
What should you know before applying for residency in Canada through Express Entry?
Below are a few points that should you know about permanent resident visa this program:
- Express Entry an easy online process with greater transparency in comparison to 2002-2014.
- It is an all in one visa platform to apply under various categories of visa with a single online application.
- It is a Fast track visa application process for the candidates who meet the CRS score requirements.
- A consistent and non-stop cycle of draws conducted every 15days (since 2015).
- Flexibility to make changes in the application even after lodgement in the express entry pool.
What is Express Entry (Canada) Draw?
Express Entry Draws are conducted by the IRCC (Canadian immigration department) twice in a month to select the most suitable professionals, who have a higher demand in Canada.
The system to select candidate is based on the applicant's Comprehensive Ranking System points. The selected candidates are notified by email about their selected. This is also known as "invitation to apply".
What is the processing time in the Express Entry Program?
The processing time significantly varies from individual to individual and from one program to another. Work experience plays an important part in it.
For the applications with enough points under Express Entry, it usually takes 6 months for a maximum of profiles.
The "Citizenship and immigration Canada" is trying to maintain a standard processing time for most of the cases. In 2017, IRCC met the 6 - months processing time for almost 80% of the cases in FSW and CEC.
In order to meet the Multi-year immigration levels plan, much better efforts are taken up by the IRCC in accelerating processing times.
Below find the table displaying the average processing time to process applications under each program:
|Express Entry Programs||2015||2016||2017||2018|
|Canadian Experience Class||3||6||4||5|
|Federal Skilled Workers||5||6||4||6|
|Federal Skilled Trades||5||6||6||7|
|For all Programs||4||6||5||5|
Other popular topics
Know more about Express Entry Details
Express Entry is a Canadian immigration application system. It is the platform where candidates planning for PR visa of Canada launch their application.
Interested candidates have to meet the required eligibility score and launch their application. The higher the score they obtain, the easier it becomes for obtaining a PR of Canada
After the Express Entry launch, the system turned to be the most helping for many skilled candidates. Many of them could find their easy pathway for Canada immigration.
Now, let us find the differences between the Express Entry and the previous immigration system.
|Express Entry||Previous Canadian System|
|Overall Total Points||1200||100|
|Maximum age needed to score full points||29 years||35 years|
|Criteria to select candidates||Candidates rank in Express entry pool||First come, First serve (need to score 67 out of 100)|
|Points Distribution for Single or Married applicants||Difference in points||Same points|
|Points for Skills transferability||Yes Included||Not Included|
|A few specific list of occupations||No||Yes|
|Limit for accepting applications||No||Yes|
|Method of Application Submission||Online||Paper (Hardcopy)|
Two Major Changes with Express Entry
- In November 2016, the system was tweaked to reduce points for a job offer and introduce points for Canadian education credentials. The "job offer" definition has also been extending to include certain LMIA-exempted job offers.
- In June 2017, a further change provided additional points for advanced French language ability (NCLC 7 or higher) and for having a sibling in Canada." - Immigration Canada
4 Best Ways to Immigrate to Canada through Express Entry
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program: It is one of the best programs to get PR in Canada under the Express Entry system. The program is mainly referred to skilled professionals with work experience related to Canada in-demand occupation list.
Eligibility Requirements for FSW:
- Need to have at least one year work experience with skills in 0, A and B.
- Your occupation must be listed in the in-demand list of the country.
- Must be able to prove a good language proficiency; with at least CLB 7 in English.
- Need to perform an ECA or Educational Credential Assessment for proving your educational standards similar to Canadian standards. This is applicable to master's degree and bachelor's degree.
- Should not include in any criminal activities and hold good health.
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program: The program is mainly referred to candidates who are qualified and have experience in their skilled trade opportunity to become a Canadian permanent resident.
Eligibility Requirements for FSTW:
- Need to have an intention to reside anywhere except Quebec.
- Should have at least CLB 5 for speaking and listening; and CLB 4 for reading and writing.
- Need to have 5 years overall experience and must hold a minimum of 2 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
- Must meet the roles and responsibilities as mentioned in the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- Should hold a full-time employment opportunity issued by a province or territory for at least a year.
3. Canadian Experience Class: The program is specifically for candidates who have spent some time in Canada and have a good skill experience, knowledge of English/French while studying or holding a temporary work permit.
Eligibility Requirements for CEC:
- Need to have work experience in skills in National Occupational Classification (NOC skill type 0), Professional Jobs (NOC skill type A), and Technical Jobs and Skilled Trades (NOC skill type B).
- Should hold a minimum of 12 months full-time experience in the nominated occupation in the past three years.
- Must hold your past experience according to the work associated.
- Need to meet minimum language requirement either in English or French.
- Should not plan to live in Quebec.
4. Provincial Nominee Program: The program helps candidates to settle in particular province or territory. Through this, the Canadian provinces and territories can nominate candidates meeting their required eligibility.
The programs under the Provincial Nominee Programs are:
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
The AINP stream consists of three streams:
- The Alberta Opportunity Stream
- The Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The Self-Employed Farmer Stream
British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
The BC PNP stream consists of three streams:
- Skills Immigration
- Express Entry BC
- Entrepreneur Immigration Streams
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
The MPNP stream consists of the following streams:
- Skilled Worker Immigration Stream
- Manitoba Business Investor Stream
- Morden Community Driven Immigration Initiative - through the MPNP
- International Education Stream
New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NBPNP)
The NBPNP targets mainly for entrepreneurs, skilled workers, international graduates with skilled workers and employer support.
- Express Entry Labour Market Stream
- Skilled Workers with Employer Support
- Post-Graduate Entrepreneurial Stream
- Entrepreneurial Stream
- Skilled Workers with Family Support
- Succession Connect pilot program
Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
The program is mainly includes for skilled workers, entrepreneurs and international graduates meeting the province skill requirement.
- Newfoundland & Labrador Express Entry Skilled Worker
- Skilled Worker Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Entrepreneur Category
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)
The NSNP has multiple immigration streams and has three streams aligned with Canada's Express Entry System.
- Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities
- Nova Scotia Labour Market Priorities for Physicians
- Skilled Worker Stream
- Occupation in Demand Stream
- Entrepreneur Stream
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream
- Physician Stream
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Through OINP, candidates matching the skills, education, and work experience receive nomination from the province for permanent residence.
- Human Capital Category
- Employer Job Offer Category
- Business Category
Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP)
The island through PEI PNP welcomes skilled workers, entrepreneurs and international graduates with a plan to live and reside in the same province.
- PEI PNP Express Entry
- Labour Impact Category
- Business Impact Category
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)
It is one of the popular immigration program welcoming thousands of immigrants yearly. The applications under SINP are accepted from the following categories:
- International Skilled Worker Category
- Saskatchewan Experience Category
- Entrepreneur and Farm Category
Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP)
The applications under the Northwest Territories Nominee Program (NTNP) are
- Northwest Territories Employer Driven Program
- Express Entry System for Skilled Worker program
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Impact Worker
- Northwest Territories Business Immigration Program
- Business Stream
Yukon Nominee Program (YNP)
With the official Yukon immigration, eligible employers from Canada nominate business people and trained foreign workers.
- Yukon Express Entry (YEE)
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Impact Worker
- Business Nominee
Below find the admissions received through PNPs in 2017 and 2018:
|Newfoundland and Labrador||8||44|
|Prince Edward Island||740||384|
Below find the total number of ITAs issued to candidates in 2015 to 2018 by the economic programs of Express Entry:
The immigration level plans reflect Express Entry and PNPs as a great pathway for PR of Canada. Hence, if you are a skilled professional, get your immigration process for Canada started now.
Check your eligibility and begin your Canada immigration process by contacting to our Canada immigration experts.