The world has become a global village with the advancement of transportation. If you need to pay a little visit to your client who wants you to explain some work in person, you could be with him in the matter of a couple of days. If you need to look up some new technology abroad for your business, you could do it by directly visiting it. If you want to pay a visit to your friend or sibling who lives in another country, you could plan a trip along with your family in a week.
All this is possible with the help of a temporary visa. A temporary visa is the permit to enter into a country and live there for a few days. The purpose of your visit could be work or vacation or business or study or work anything.
The temporary visas are granted mostly in the form of work visas to different countries. While most visit or tourist visas do not allow their holders to work while traveling with them, temporary visas allow their holders to work and trade in the host countries.
Why do you want to get a temporary visa?
There are different range of purposes for which you may want to get a temporary visa to a country. Some of them are:
Temporarily travel as a visitor:
- One of the major shares of temporary visas is occupied by a visitor’s visas.
- They are issued to travel enthusiasts who want to explore a foreign nation.
- These visas are given generally for shorter spans of time.
- If you have family or friends with whom you are going to stay, you need to show the proof to the authorities at the time of the visa application.
- If you are going to stay in a hotel, you got to show the reservation copies to the authorities for your visa to get stamped.
- You need to prove that you have enough funds in your bank account to support your trip’s expenses. This can be done by showing a sufficient amount in your bank account.
- You need to prove that you are in good health to travel to a foreign country.
- Some countries may ask proofs like family ties and other commitments to make sure that you are going to return to your nation.
- It is better if you have a planned itinerary for your trip.
- If you are issued a travel visa, then in most countries, you should not work with that visa.
- A temporary visa may not permit you to visit certain parts of a country. In such cases, you may need to take special permission from authorities to visit those places.
Temporary work visas:
There are many opportunities in foreign lands that may be absent in your homeland. Hence, many people would want to explore employment opportunities in different countries. Temporary visas are given to those enthusiasts who want to work in other countries.
- You need to show the authorities that you have enough educational qualifications to work on their land.
- The chances of getting a temporary worker's visa would improve a lot if you have a job opportunity already in hand, before applying for a visa.
- For this, you need to check jobs in the country’s job portals. By keeping in touch with these portals and regularly improving your skills, you can bag a job.
- You need to prove that you are of good character by submitting a conduct certificate from previous employers.
- You need to show to them that you do not have any criminal record.
- English proficiency is a must for almost all countries. In order to survive the new culture, you need to be able to easily communicate in the language.
- Many countries allow dependants of the main applicant to stay with them while working. The dependents may or may not get permission to work; depending upon the country the main applicant is opting for.
Temporary student visa:
It is a golden opportunity for students to study in a foreign land. So many students show a lot of enthusiasm in foreign universities.
- Many countries only allow those students to come to them if they have an acceptance letter from a recognized university in that country.
- A student needs to apply for the temporary visa well before the date he/she would be starting his college, since it may take a while depending upon the country.
- It is preferred to have campus and accommodation sorted out before leaving for the country.
- Some countries allow students to work part-time for certain hours a week while studying. This is very advantageous to a student as they would be able to earn some amount for their expenses.
- There would be internships, after completing a course in some universities. This is beneficial to students, as they would be exposed to the work environment of that country.
- Many countries offer short term and long term visas, depending upon the university and course you choose.
- If your visa expires before the completion of your course, then you need to renew it. You need to apply for the renewal before your present visa expires. If not, it would be illegal to stay in any country without a proper visa to support you.
- Most of the countries offering student visas would ask for a language test from the applicant. In most cases, it would be an English proficiency test. The more proficient you are in the language, the more are the chances that you would be getting the student visa easily.
- Some countries allow the family members of the visa holder to stay with them, depending on the course and various other factors.
Temporary business visa:
Many countries allow people to conduct business in their country with a temporary visa.
- Business visas are given to those who are investors, who are willing to do business with existing companies in the country and those who are willing to extend their companies into the new territory.
- While some countries allow people who can invest large sums into their economy, some countries do not need that huge amount.
- Some countries ask you to prove that you have a successful career as a business person to enter their country.
List of major countries offering temporary visa:
- New Zealand
Let us check what the requirements of a temporary visa for each of the above countries are:
Types of temporary Canada visas:
- Study visa- given to students going on educational purposes
- Temporary resident visa- given to you if you are going in a business purpose or if you want to visit family
- Temporary worker visa- given to you if you want to work in Canada for less than 6 months.
- Temporary residence permit- given to you if you want to stay for various reasons but are not eligible for temporary resident status.
- eTA- this stands for Electronic Travel Authorization and is issued for people belonging to the countries which do not need to take visa to come to Canada.
The USA offers a variety of temporary visas in fields like study visa, visitor visa, work visa, etc.
Types of temporary USA visas:
The different student visa types of USA are:
F category: this category visa is given for students who come to the US to study English courses in accredited Universities or colleges.
J category: this visa category is given to students who come to the US in student exchange programs.
M category: this category is given to students who want to pursue vocational training or non-academic courses in the US.
Workers visas: (petition based visas)
The different types of workers visas are:
H category visas: these are given to those who come under, skilled and unskilled areas of expertise and workers coming for training purposes.
L category visas: these are given to persons who come to the US under their company’s transfer process.
O category visas: these are given to persons, who have uncanny abilities, people in the entertainment industry, sportspeople, support personnel, etc.
P category visas: these visas are given to people in the entertainment industry, artists and their assistant personnel.
Q category visas: these are given to people who come under cultural exchange.
R category visas: these visas are given to those who want to come to the US as religious ministers etc.
Visitor’s visa re tourist visa is given to those who want to come to the USA for visiting family or friends or for vacation purposes.
Types of temporary UK visas:
Study visa- given to students, coming to the UK to complete a course.
Business visa- given to investors, business people who want to either establish or expand their business in the UK.
Refugee visa- given to anyone with refugee status and should prove that it is not safe for them to return to their homeland.
Tourist visa- it is given to tourists who are interested to come to the UK for holidaying or vacationing.
Transit visa- given to people who want to land in the UK for transiting for other countries. They may or may not get out into the UK. They may just land in the UK and board another plane to another destination.
Family visa- given to those who want to visit and stay with their family members for a short time.
Types of temporary Australia visas:
Work visas- these visas include permission to work for a few years and to work on holidays.
Visitor visa- this visa is given to people who want to come to Australia for visiting purposes. The visa also allows persons to conduct business conferences and students to do short term courses.
Temporary entry visa- this visa is given to people who want to work for a short term in Australia. The visa holders include religious workers, domestic workers, exchange program employees, etc.
Student visa- these visas are given to students who want to pursue educational opportunities in Australia. Education in Australia is famous and there are thousands of students migrating yearly to study in Australia with students’ visas.
Business visa- these visas are given to investors and entrepreneurs, who wish to conduct business or those who wish to extend their business in Australia.
5. New Zealand
Types of temporary New Zealand visas:
Visitor visa- given to people who want to vacation in New Zealand
Student visa- given to students who want to pursue an education in New Zealand
Family visa- this is given to family members of a permanent resident of New Zealand
Work to residence visa- this is given to skilled workers, who after working for 2 years under this visa, can apply for a permanent residence
Working holiday visa- given to anyone who wants to work in their vacation time and earn extra money in New Zealand.
These are the temporary visas to different nations. You can consult a reputed and trustworthy consultancy to resolve any of your queries regarding temporary visas.