1. What is the UK dependent visa?
Generally, a dependent visa allows living and working in the UK, which means a person who is a British citizen (UK) or a permanent citizen of that country, he/she only allows traveling his spouse, children, and civil partner by corresponding visa type. You can live the same amount of time as the main visa holder (sponsor).
Different types of UK dependent visas
- Family visas
- Civil partner visas
- Spouse visa
- Unmarried partner visa
- Dependency visa
The dependent family members of people who are applying for visas under the PBS dependent visa (point-based system) tier 1, tier 2, tier 4 or tier 5
- Tier 1-exceptional talent visa
- Tier 2-general work visa, skilled worker
- Tier 4- general student visa
- Tier 5-temporary worker
2. Who can eligible for applying for a UK dependent visa?
Not all main visa holders can bring for a UK dependent visa; there are few requirements those UK citizens to bring people with him to the UK.
You have to be a family person of a person. To eligible for UK dependent visa, you must be the spouse, civil partner, the proposed civil partner of the sponsor, partner who lived with for at least 2 years, if you’re applying for a dependent visa on someone is a must be an EEA (European Economic Area) nationals.
Your dependent visa will last depending upon your circumstances
If you bring your partner to the UK to live with you, you are good at financial status, you need to meet financial requirements, and financial requirements depend on whom you are applying for
As per family migration rules, if just allows your spouse without your kids, you need to meet the minimum financial status, at least INR 1730499.12/annum before tax, a spouse with kids you need to earn extra INR 353542.83/one child and extra INR 223290.21 per child after that.
Only if you’re in working in the UK
You no need to meet these following financial requirements if you have matched any one or more of these
- Physically challenged allowance
- Industrial injuries
- Police injury pension
- War disablement pension under the war pension scheme
If your partner is from outside of the EEA, applying for a visa to stay more than 6months, you will need to pay INR 37215.03 per year for immigration health surcharge (IHS) as part of your visa immigration application
3. How to Applying for a UK dependent visa?
You can apply for the UK dependent visa as a partner of a UK citizenship holder. We may be able to help in applying for a UK dependent visa. The main visa holder has able to support yourself in the duration period of staying in the UK. You will have to do without access to people's funds.
Tier 1 dependent visa
Applying for this dependent visa under the expert immigration advice and guidance, your partner or parent tier one visa holder living in the UK or currently the process for tier 1 visa, then you can apply for a dependent visa. You can stay as same main visa holder duration.
Applying for tier 1 dependent visa
You can apply for this dependent visa from outside of the UK or inside of the UK; there is no possibility to apply for a dependent visa if you are in a visitor visa.
Start your tier 1 dependent visa application
At Kansaz immigration, we have successfully arranged many points-based visas and dependent visa application including tier 1. We know what is expected from you and what documents must be provided for a successful outcome.
Tier 2 dependent visa
Applying for tier 2 dependent visa under the expert immigration advice and follow the guidance
Your partner or parent tier 2 visa holder living in the UK or currently the process for tier 2 visa, once they have received their tier 2 visa, then you can apply for a tier 2 dependent visa. You can stay as same main visa holder duration.
If you are married, you will need to submit proof, if you are not submitting proof of relationship for a period of at least two years.
Applying for tier 2 dependent visa
Tier 2 dependent visa can be many complexes, you meet a large number of requirements, need to submit a proof of your relationship to the main visa holder.
You can apply for tier 2 dependent visas from both sides outside of the UK or inside of the UK; there is no possibility to apply for a dependent visa if you are in a visitor visa.
Start your tier 2 dependent visa application
At Kansaz Immigration, we have successfully arranged many points-based visas and dependent visa application including tier 1. We know what is expected from you and what documents must be Provide for a successful outcome. https://www.gov.UK/tier-2-general/family-members
Tier 4 dependent visa
If your spouse, civil partner or your parents are applying for tier 4 visas, you can apply yourself our management can help you to complete the process.
If you are eligible for a tier 4 dependent visa, get in touch today.
- You need to submit a proof of relationship with the applicant. This for both child and adult dependents
- You need to submit a bank statement for proof of enough bank balance or income to support you, this can support yourself do not access public funds
Biometric residence permit, you simply need to visit the nearest visa application center, they will take your fingerprints and photograph, and then they issue you to permit to share with the main office.
Submit Criminal record certificates. Since 2017 sixth of April, adult partners of point-based-system migrates may need to provide police verification/criminal record certificates.
The following occupations, no need:
- Public health managers
- Ophthalmic opticians
- Dental practitioners
- Medical radiographer
- Occupational therapists
- Speech & language therapists
- Teaching professionals
- Welfare professionals
- Education advisers
- School inspectors
- Social services managers and directors
- Social workers
- Probation officers
"No need to submit criminal records for under age of 18"
If your partner or parents settled in the UK, you eligible for leave to remain, you can also apply for “limited leave to remain” if they have points-based tier 4, general visa
Tier5 dependent visa
If your parents or partners are coming to the UK on tier 5 temporary work visa, then you join them by applying for a tier 5 dependent visa.
You can apply for a tier 5 dependent visa at the same time if they already traveled to the UK, Valid of your dependent visa, and the same amount of time as tier 5 visa holder of your parents or partner.
Applying for tier 5 dependent visa
You can apply for tier 5 dependent visas from both sides outside of the UK or inside of the UK; there is a possibility to apply for a tier 5 dependent visa if you are in a visitor visa, but you should return your own country before applying for tier5 dependent visa.
As of the above mentioned, you are able to apply for a tier5 dependent visa at the same time your partner applies for the visa. You can apply for a tier5 dependent visa even if the main visa holder moves to the UK.
If you are not married, you and your partner must have been in a relationship equivalent to marry at least 2 years.
Maintenance requirements of dependent visa
As per the UK visa and immigration (UK), you are applying for any UK dependent visa; you will have to support them for the entire duration period of your staying in the UK.
You and the main visa holder will meet minimum financial requirements, you must submit proof of this, and you will not access people funds. Please read the link, UKVI maintenance guidance
Note: family members of tier 1 visa holders (exceptional talent) no need to qualify the minimum maintenance funds.
Conditions for dependent visa
Once the UK dependent visa approved, you stay as long as the main visa holder, you can allow multiple entries or exit for the UK.
- You have the right to work as same as the main visa holder in the UK, at any job, any skill level, except as a doctor or dentist in training.
- You do not access people/public funds
- Registration with police if belonging to these countries (check the link) https://www.gov.UK/register-with-the-police/who-needs-to-register
- The dependent visa holder has the ability to live and work in the UK as same as the main holder, but if main visa holder’s visa expires the dependent visa also expires, you need to renew before three months of visa expires date
4. What if your application is rejected
You can inform, but it will take a long time, you can get the help of a specialist immigration adviser.
Please read the link to find an immigration adviser https://www.gov.UK/find-an-immigration-adviser
5. What if your application is accepted
After the application is accepted, your partner will get a permit to allow them to the UK within 30 days; once they arrived in the UK, they will need to pick up a biometric residence permit (BRP) within 10 days.
You will need to collect BRP verified letter from them, within 10days, it is very important. If you ignore they might be fine or chances to cancel the visa.
You want complete details of biometric residence permit, please check the link https://www.gov.UK/biometric-residence-permits/collect
6. Can parents get a UK dependent visa?
You will get permission to stay for 2.5years, after that you will need to apply for Extend for staying.
Your child must be
- British citizen
- Settled in the UK settled status or proof of permanent residence
- If you are applying in the UK, your child lived in the UK for the past 7 years continuously
"As per immigration advice, you need to share parental responsibility for your children"
The Information you will need to provide
- Current passport or any travel id
- Copies of entry stamps in your old passport
- Details of any criminal records
- Proof of finances
- Proof of relationship
- Have a good knowledge of English
You will need to have a blank page in your passport if you are outside of the UK
How to apply
Applying depends upon where you are staying in the UK or outside of the UK
Outside of the UK
You must apply online (go through the link) https://visas-immigration.service.gov.UK/other-ooc?_ga=2.237339840.1188320817.1574156155-1707737663.1574156155
You must complete appendix 5 https://www.gov.UK/government/publications/application-for-UK-visa-access-rights-to-child-appendix-5-form-vaf4a Inside of the UK
7. What documents are required for applying for the UK dependent visa?
- Appointment sheet
- Signed application form online/offline
- A recent photo in color (45mm-35mm)
- Birth/marriage certificate
- Previous passport port history
- Every document in official translation, which is not in English
8. How much it cost the UK dependent visa.
It costs based on your situation, how you are applying
- Joining your partner, parent or child [applying outside of UK INR 141696.25] [applying inside the UK INR96107]
- Each dependent added to your application [applying outside of UK INR 141696025/each person] [applying inside the UK INR 96107/each person]
- An adult who needs to be looked by a relative [applying outside of UK INR 302372.6] [applying inside the UK INR 96107]
1. How long does it take to get a dependent visa for the UK?
Average processing time to get a dependent visa application is 30 days from the date of application; submit processing time may vary depending upon the country.
- Long term visits more than 6months
- General visits less than 6months
- Family visits less than 6months
- General visits less than 6months
2. How long a visa will last?
If you married, you have lived with your partner for over 2 years.
Visa will last for
- If you’re applying from outside of the UK it will last for 33 months
- If you're applying from the UK it will last for 30 months
This visa will renew for a further 30 months before you can apply for this you make an application under European regulations.
3. Who Considered as a Dependent?
The person who relies on another prime source of financial status (income) and claims your income tax return considered a dependent.
Generally, dependents are your spouse, relative, civil partner, and your child can stay until the age of 26, even if they get married, have a baby or adopted child, your child can stay as dependent even you will not live together.
4. Is IELTS required for a UK dependent visa?
No, IELTS is not required for a UK dependent visa; the applicant has sufficient knowledge of the English language and knowledge of life in the UK
5. English language required for a UK dependent visa.
- Currently, no English language is required for a UK PBS dependent visa