Are you planning to migrate to Canada through a quick PNP pathway? Then the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program can be your route. It is one of the most active provincial nominee programs inviting candidates from all over the world for Canadian permanent residence status.
According to the report of last year, it welcomed nearly 5207 candidates. This is a record-breaking nomination stats for 2018 provincial nominations. In fact, of the total nominations, the highest nominations have been issued to Indians.
Apart from its immigration ease and abundant career options, Manitoba has many more reasons to be on the top. These include:
- Lower living costs,
- Diversified economy,
- Multiple help centers,
- A welcoming community for students,
- The booming job market,
- Best tourist attractions,
- National parks,
- Pleasant weather, and a lot more.
Now if you are thinking how to move to Canada through the nomination of this province, then there are primarily 2 ways for you to apply:
- You can apply through the Express Entry System.
- You can apply to the Manitoba province directly through the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program.
What is the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program?
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program is one of the most popular and successful programs that help individuals and families to obtain Canadian permanent residency status through a provincial nomination. If an individual can meet the labor market demands of the Manitoba province, he can use this pathway to get quick success on the Canada PR visa.
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program mainly considers the applications under 3 major streams:
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Skilled Workers
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business
- Far, Strategic Recruitment Initiative (FSRI)
What are the three streams of the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program?
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program - Skilled Workers:
Under this category, MPNP mainly considers the applications which can meet the needs of the Canadian labor market and employers. Candidates with good skilled and overseas work experience get the opportunity to get selected for a provincial nomination under this stream
MPNP-Skilled Workers is further classified into two categories:
- Skilled Workers (in Manitoba): The category is mainly referred to as the overseas workers and students living in the province on a temporary and permanent basis. However, to be eligible for applying under this program, you need to meet a set of eligibility requirements.
- Skilled Workers (Overseas): The category is referred to as the skilled and qualified workers who are having a connection with the Manitoba province through their previous work experience, friends, or family members. To be eligible, it is mandatory for obtaining a minimum eligibility score of 60 out of 100 on the point's assessment grid.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business:
This category is mainly referred to as nominating and hiring qualified farm owners and business people. Candidates should have a zeal and capability to set up a farm or business and live in Manitoba. In fact, they are also allowed to become partners with any running business.
Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative (FSRI):
This category is for candidates with genuine experience in farm business and plans to set up a farm business and invest funds in rural areas of Manitoba.
Are you eligible for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program?
The eligibility requirements vary as per the MPNP streams.
For the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program - Skilled Worker in Manitoba
- Should be a qualified temporary worker or an international student with graduation.
- Need to have full-time permanent employment from a Manitoba employer.
- Should have worked for a minimum of six months under an employer.
- Must have a work permit or Post-graduation work permit from IRCC.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in English.
- Need to provide sufficient funds to support stay in Manitoba.
For Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program - Skilled Workers in Overseas
- You need to score a minimum of 60 points out of 100 on the assessment grid.
- You should show a connection to Manitoba with the support of friends or family members.
For Manitoba Provincial Nomine Program - Business
- Should be able to provide a net amount of CAD 350,000.
- Need to have a minimum of 3 years experiencing in business ownership and management experience.
- Must score at least 60 on the Points Assessment Grid.
- Should be capable of going for an interview with the MPNP- B officer.
- Must live in the province with a dependent family member.
Farm Strategic Recruitment Initiative (FSRI)
- Should have a net amount of CAD 350,000.
- Need to have at least 3 years of experience in farm ownership or business management.
- Should get adapted to Manitoba, mainly in practical farming skills, farming practices, etc.
- Must be able to face an interview that is set by the MPNP-B Officer.
- Should be able to make a sufficient investment in farm business in rural areas of Manitoba.
The eligibility requirements may be extensive based upon your profile and purpose. To know more information in this regard, it is best suggested to consultant our Canada immigration consultants.
How to apply for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program?
As stated above you can apply for the Manitoba nomination either through Express Entry or by applying directly to the province.
However, the Express Entry method is considered the fastest way to obtain the nomination and hence, the most chosen one.
Let us now discuss on how you can proceed with MPNP application through the Express Entry System:
Step 1: As the regular process, you are required to create your online profile with Express Entry. While doing so, ensure that you select 'Interested in moving to Manitoba' or 'all provinces and territories'.
As soon as you create the profile, you are required to obtain your Express Entry registration along with a Job Seeker Validation code. Both aspects are an important part of your application. It is mandatory to have information on both these aspects when applying for a nomination under MPNP.
Step 2: You are then required to create a similar profile with the Manitoba PNP official portal. You have to create a profile similar to Express Entry and fill all the details that are true and trusted and link it with Express Entry.
Step 3: Now your profile rests in the pool of applications and is given the Manitoba immigration department. However, your selection will be done based upon your CRS score.
Manitoba Provincial nominee program also follows a draw pattern wherein if your CRS meets the required cutoff score, you are selected for a nomination. A provincial nomination will increase your score by 600 points.
Step 4: Once you are nominated and your score is increased, you are issued with an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
Step 5: After obtaining an Invitation to Apply, you can now apply for a Canadian Permanent Resident Visa with the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada). You are given a deadline of 60 days to submit all related documents, pay required fees and complete all associated formalities.
Step 6: After confirmation of your visa, you get the right to live in the province of Manitoba, work for any employer located in the province and enjoy rights of permanent residency. You are required to stay in Manitoba for a specific period before you can stay anywhere in Canada.
Is it easy to apply for MPNP?
Applying for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program can be easier if your profile meets the eligibility needs. To check yourself, you can look over the below points:
- You need to score at least 60 out of 100 on the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program assessment grid.
- Should be able to provide the required documents as requested.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in the relevant occupation field.
- Must be able to provide a settlement plan which specifies your interest in Manitoba's permanent residency.
- Applicants should be in the age range of 21 to 45.
- Should be an employment offer or have an occupation that is listed in the province in-demand list.
- Should be able to show a minimum of 2 years' experience in the past five years.
- Must be able to possess a minimum language proficiency with a minimum CLB 6 in each IELTS category.
Alongside this, you are required to meet Express Entry requirements. Consult our immigration consultant to get details about the requirements and overall procedure to obtain the Manitoba nomination.
What is the minimum score required for MPNP?
Before moving ahead for the application process, any skilled candidates need to check the eligibility. For the candidates with an interest for Manitoba nomination, they are required to refer Manitoba Self-Assessment Grid. This grid helps in determining the eligible score.
Candidates are verified by considering five important factors. On an overall total of 100 points, candidates must be able to score a minimum of 60 points for eligibility.
Below find the factors and their related (maximum) scores:
|CLB 8 or higher||20|
|CLB 3 or low||0|
|CLB 5 or higher||5|
|50 or older||0|
|Work Experience Maximum||Points|
|Less than a year experience||0|
|2 year's experience||10|
|3 year's experience||12
|4 year's experience or more||15|
|Master’s education degree or Doctorate||25|
|Two post-secondary education programs of at least 2 years each||23|
|One post-secondary education program of three years or more||20|
|One-year post-secondary education program||14|
|For having a Trade Certificate||14|
|Not having formal post-secondary education||0|
|Close relative staying in Manitoba||20|
|Previous job experience in Manitoba (6 months or more)||12|
|Completed post-secondary education program in Manitoba (2 years or more)||12|
|Completed post-secondary education program in Manitoba (one year)||10|
|Close friend or a relative in Manitoba||10|
How to apply for MPNP without a job offer?
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program provides a great opportunity to migrate without a job offer. However, the aspirants need to have the occupation listed under the in-demand occupation list of the country.
These are the following grounds where you will not need a job offer:
- Sponsorship from family, relatives or friends residing in Manitoba or
- Past education or work experience gained from Manitoba or
- An ITA received directly from Manitoba through Strategic Recruitment Initiative.
How long is the process?
In comparison to other Canadian immigration provinces, Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program is one of the fastest application processes, when all eligibility factors are met the right way.
Once you have met the requirements, you can process your application. Your application has to be verified at both the state and federal level. Overall, the average processing time can range from 12 to 15 months.
What are the documents required for MPNP?
- Documents have one of the important roles in any immigration process.
- A valid identity proof as given by a Government.
- Your complete Academic certifications.
- If married, need to provide a marriage certificate.
- If moving with a dependent child, need to provide Dependent Children Information Certificates.
- Your language test results.
- Proof of funds to support your stay and settle in Manitoba.
- Need to undergo a health and character assessment and submit the clearance certificates.
Why hire us to help with your Manitoba PNP application?
Kansas Overseas Careers is one of the top consultants in India with specialized services for Provincial Nominee Programs. The reason behind our success is our approach to understanding each case file and offering personalized services accordingly.
Our experts first study your profile, assess your eligibility parameters and suggest you all options that can help you reach Canada. We, then evaluate your chances under every possible program and suggest you proceed ahead only after being assured that you have a high scope of success.
Moreover, our services do not just end with visa application or till you receive a nomination. We are at your support and help even after you receive your visa. In fact, through our settlement services, you can get help in finding accommodation in Canada and be assured of guaranteed support up to 6 months after your immigration.
To make your settlement easier and add benefit to your purpose of immigration, we also help you create a Canadian standard resume and apply for jobs that suit your profile. This is offered as a complimentary service for up to 2 months.
In a nutshell, Kansas Overseas Careers is a one-stop destination for all your immigration assistance.