- 80-90 % dip in Australian Student Migrations
- Prime Minister’s Statement
- 2019 Immigration Chart India
- Good news for Australians in India
- Canada the new hub for International Students
International Students in Australia are now moving back to their home countries. Some students are even shifting base to Canada. In October 2020, Sydney’s Melanie Macfarlane noticed that most of the Australian-Migrants are now opting to study in Canada.
Prime Minister’s Statement
Scott Morrison, The Prime Minister of Australia, in his recent interview said, “ The challenges we have in getting Australians home means the ability to move and take international students back at this time through quarantine arrangements does not present itself.” This new policy shows no scope of renewal or improvisations.
However, if International Students who are now in their native-countries begin to return to Australia, The Australia Department of Education and Training sees some hope for further immigrations to resume.
2019 Australia Immigration from India
- In 2019, 30 % more Indian students migrated to Australia than in 2018.
- India ranks 2nd in the International Student Population Density in Australia.
Good news for Australians in India
- The National Cabinet of Australia is now prioritizing native-immigrations.
- Currently, 35,637 Australians from India have filed for their return visa with the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- 27,000 more applications are expected till January 2021.
Is Canada the new hub for International Students?
- Canada saw the new peaks of immigration numbers in 2019. There were a total of 642,480 foreign migrants out of which 65% were from India.
- Canada opened its borders to international migrants in October 2020. Since then, Canada has been a top choice for students to migrate in the year 2020-2021.
At Kansas, we are now helping students fast-track their visa processes to Canada and Australia.
Book a free consultation with us to learn more about your chances to study in the two countries.