- New colleges in DLI List
- Quarantine Protocols
- Enrollment Statistics
- Online Education
Canada introduces new colleges to the annual DLI List on December 20th. A DLI or a Designated Learning Institution is an IRCC approved institution for granting international education to students from all across the globe to universities and schools in Canada. Some of the colleges that were recently added to this list are the University of Waterloo, Ryerson University, OCAD University and the University of Windsor.
To help students move to Canada during the pandemic phase, authorities have cleared any travel ban on international applicants who have a Letter of Acceptance from a DLI, post March 2020.
Quarantine Protocols for International Students
- Mandatory self-isolation for 14 days on reaching Canada.
- Air travellers must install the ArriveCAN app before transiting to the country.
- Students need to make necessary arrangements for groceries and other essentials post landing.
- Students must abide by the provincial rules of social distancing and face covering.
- Students must inform the authorities of any decline in their health condition.
Rise and Drop in University Enrollments 2020-2021
In the newest released statistics by Course Compare, there has been a 9% drop in the number of international applicants to Canadian universities. However, some provinces remained strong-grounded even during this time.
Provinces that saw a rise in enrollments: British Columbia, Ontario, Atlanta and Quebec.
Online Education in Canada
Most Canadian Universities are offering regular online courses to students during the lockdown period. This is in line with keeping the students engaged, proactive and motivated until the colleges are re-opened. Even practical programs like nursing, acting and film production are being conducted online with great response and a positive impact.