- OINP Draw
Human resource professionals, managers, nurses were among the 18 targeted occupations, invited in the recent Ontario PNP Draw.
Close to two months break, Ontario came out for a new Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP) draw on October 6.
All the 486 invited candidates might end up getting a permanent residency based on these provincial nominations. This Provincial Nominee Program aligned with the Express Entry system allows international workers an automatic 600 points, adding to their overall score, in case they get the nomination.
The OINP tends to target Express Entry Applicants having a CRS score between 463 and 467. Below listed are the 18 occupations based on which the candidates were invited.
- NOC 0114 – Other administrative services managers
- NOC 0122 – Banking, credit, and other investment managers
- NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing, and public relations managers
- NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
- NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
- NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
- NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- NOC 0711 – Construction managers
- NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
- NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
- NOC 1121 – Human resources professionals
- NOC 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- NOC 2161 – Mathematicians, statisticians, and actuaries
- NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 3231 – Opticians
- NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
Express Entry candidates need to have 1 year of work experience to be eligible for the provincial nomination. So far, close to 4,851 immigration applications were invited.
Back in 2020, 6,716 Express Entry applicants applied for a provincial nomination via the HCP stream.
How provincial nominations help Express Entry candidates get ITAs?
Express Entry applicants getting an invitation from a PNP naturally can get 600 extra to their CRS score. This ensures that they will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in a resulting Express Entry draw.
During the pandemic, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has been holding PNP-just draws, where applicants required a PNP to be welcomed.
In 2020, Canada held PNP draws just as all-program draws towards 50% of the year, where all applicants were welcomed who had a score over the CRS cutoff.