- Ottawa’s record-breaking PGP Approvals
- Super Visa
- Eligibility Criteria for PGP
- Online Registration
Ottawa is determined to approve 3 times more applications under the PGP in 2021. This will allow more families to settle wholly in Canada with much more flexibility and ease. Parents and grandparents who were separated indefinitely from their loved ones during the pandemic can now visit them with the help of this visa program.
“For the 2021 program, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will conduct a new interest to sponsor form intake process and accept a maximum of 30,000 new applications,” the Canadian Immigration Department mentioned in a statement.
Alternate Route: Parents and Grandparents Super Visa
The alternative to the regular PGP visa is the Super Visa that allows family members of Canadian Residents visit and stay with them for at least 2 years without the need to renew their visa. It is a multi-entry visa that lets the parents and grandparents of the sponsor to visit the country multiple times in a 10 year timeframe.
- To be eligible for this visa, you will need to meet the basic requirements of a regular visa.
- Secondly, you will need a letter of introduction from your grandchild or child in Canada.
- Lastly, you will need health insurance of $100,000 to cover your medical expenses from hospitalization to laboratory bills.
Eligibility Criteria for PGP Program Sponsors
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must be a resident of Canada
- You must possess sufficient funds to support the people you are sponsoring
Do you want to sponsor your parents or grandparents via the PGP?
At Kansas, we can help you get a visa with the bare minimum effort. You can book a free consultation with our case officers to know more.
Call us on 1800-102-0109 or write to us at email@example.com