- New Covid-19 rules for tourists
- Only approved tourist will be allowed to enter Canada
- Mandatory usage of ArriveCan app to enter Canada
Amid this pandemic, Canada has eased its strict travel restrictions for tourists. According to these new relaxed rules, only certain travelers will be allowed to enter the country who fulfills these new requirements.
Here are the latest relaxed Covid-19 Entry rules which you should know before traveling to Canada.
Who is Allowed to Enter Canada?
- Canadian Citizens
- Permanent Residents of Canada (immigrants having Canada PR)
- Family Members visiting Canada for benevolent reasons
- A person who is dating a Candian Citizen and their dependent (including siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and others) for a year
- Foreign citizen visiting Canada for a compassionate reason such as the death of a relative, terminal illness, and other reasons
- Foreign Student visiting Canada on a student visa, provided the university is well- prepared with a Covid-19 ready plan.
How to Get a Travel Approval to visit Canada?
For tourists who are planning to visit Canada, it is mandatory to download the ArriveCan app, to get an entry in Canada. Both Canadian citizens and international tourists must fill in all the details and upload the scanned copy of their documents either on the ArriveCan mobile app or on the ArriveCan online website. The travel approval will be given through the app itself.
What are the Entry Requirements According to Covid-19 Testing?
Approved travelers to Canada by officials do not require Covid-19 testing. However, tourists entering Canada through Calgary International Airport or Coutts land border are now entitled to a new 48 hrs quarantine program. This reduced quarantine (48hrs) program is a new pilot testing program jointly initiated by the Canadian and the provincial government in Alberta.
What are the Quarantine Requirements for entering Canada?
All tourists are required to go through 14 days of self-quarantine once they enter Canada. They should provide a daily update of their quarantine stay through the ArriveCan app. To curb the spread of Covid-19, Canadian officials have increased their follow-up on the tourists who are in self-isolation.
Do I need a Covid-19 Travel Insurance while entering Canada?
Yes, all travelers and tourists must get travel insurances that cover Covid-19 like Safeywing, HeyMondo, and other insurance plans during their stay in Canada.
What are the Covid-19 Health Requirements to follow during the stay in Canada?
All tourist must follow the standard health protocols during their stay in Canada that includes:
- Mandatory Face Covering in Public
- Social Distancing
- Follow the instructions provided on the ArriveCan app.
These new travel restrictions should be kept in mind before traveling to Canada. Check whether you are an approved traveler by the Canadian government. All documents and information should be updated through the ArriveCan app before entering Canada. Travel insurance along with 14 days of self-quarantine is mandatory when you have reached Canada. Follow all the covid-19 safety protocols when you are exploring Canada. Maintain social distancing and be safe during your visit.