To get an invitation, the applicant should apply for the occupation in the authorities' occupation list.
While you are submitting your visa application, your skill assessment should be valid. Let's look at how job validity is determined:
- If there is no validity period on a skill assessment, then it is has a validity of 3 years from its date of issue.
- If the validity on any evaluation is less than 3 years, then it is valid till the last date mentioned in the assessment
- If the validity is more than 3 years, then it is valid for 3 years from its date of issue.
The candidates should be well prepared before they are submitting their Expression of Interest (EOI). The officials can issue more than a single skill assessment.
Employer-Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
It is also known as subclass 186-Employer Nomination Scheme. A candidate applying for a labour-agreement stream is not required to show his skill assessment. However, if the candidate is applying directly under the Direct Entry Stream, he needs to submit his skill assessment.
- Regional- Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187)
A candidate doesn't require showing a skill assessment when applying directly under the Temporary Resident Transition Stream. The skill assessment officer can still ask you for a skill assessment before going forward with your application. However, if the candidate is applying directly under the Direct Entry Stream, he needs to submit his skill assessment.
Temporary -Skill Shortage visa (TSS) (Subclass 482)
When you are applying for TSS Visa, you should follow these steps:
- Check whether you need a Skill assessment or have an exemption
- Before submitting, within 3 years, you should begin or have completed your skill assessment.
- To avoid delay in processing time, you must include the reference number of the skill assessment.
- If you are eligible for an exemption, provide proof for it.
Temporary-Graduate Visa (subclass 485)
To get this visa, the candidate should nominate himself for the occupation listed in the MLTSSL. The professions mentioned in the Medium to Long Term Strategic Skills List require a mandatory skill assessment. Visa application will be accepted when your skills match the skill needed by the assessment officials.
Note: Skill Assessment is only required if you are applying under Graduate Work Stream.