Complete Guide on Documents required for Canada Tourist Visa
With 8 years of experience in the overseas division, Sindhura is a specialist in Canada, Australia, UK and Germany visa process.
Canada, as a country known for being the most immigration friendly nation, is also a beautiful country to visit.
Every year several people visit Canada for tourism purposes. In this space, you will know entirely about documents needed for a Canadian tourist visa
1. Who requires Canada Visitor Visa?
Foreign nationals who would like to visit Canada for:
- Leisure and tourism purpose
- Meet family and friends
- Business purpose
requires having a visitor visa to enter Canada. This is a type of temporary resident visa
2. What are the document requirements for a visa to Canada?
The documents for visa requirements to enter Canada are:
- Travel document, i.e., Passport with minimum 6 months validity
- Requires 2 passport size photo
- Require to have proof of employment from the employer
- Proof of funds in your bank account
- Other savings like property, PPFs, shares, FDs, etc
- Cover letter from the employer about your employment with them
- Visa application form and other documents
- Travel itinerary (day to day plan)
- To and fro air tickets
- For self-employed applicants, Memorandum of Association and other documents
- Tax filing documents of the last 3 years
- For the student, they are required to show student ID cards
- For retired applicants, they should show their pension slips and retirement proofs
3. What is the minimum visa requirements for Canada visitor visa?
The requirements to Canada visitor visa for an applicant:
- Must have passport
- Must have good health
- Must have no criminality record
- Must have enough funds to support your stay in Canada
- Must provide the travel itinerary and to and fro air tickets
- Must show proof of job, family and financial assets (requires you to go back home)
4. What is the visa application process for Canadian Tourist Visa from India?
The process to apply for a Canada visa needs the patience to follow a few steps:
Step 1: Download the visa application form from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and fill the form completely and carefully
Step 2: After which you are required to attach all the documents supporting the application
Step 3: Then pay the visa processing fee and biometrics fee to the Canadian High Commission office
Step 4: After the payment submit your application in the CIC portal
Step 5: You are then required to visit the Canadian visa application centre to give your biometrics (fingerprint and photograph)
Step 6: Upon reviewing your background check and eligibility, you will receive your decision.
During the review stage, the immigration department may ask for additional documents.
5. How is the fee required for a Canada tourist visa?
For the tourist visa the fee require are:
Application fee: 100 CAD (5,500 INR approx.)
Biometrics fee: 85 CAD (4,700 INR approx.)
6. How many funds are needed for Canada tourist visa?
An individual living in Canada needs 1,230 CAD (INR 68,000 approx.) per month for their monthly expenses, and if an applicant is coming for tourism, then 2000 CAD (INR 1,10,000 approx.) for 30 days per person is enough.
This amount is an addition to the visa fees.
7. Which document checklists are required for Canada visitor visa?
The documents checklists for Canada visitor visa:
- Passport of the primary applicants
- Passport of dependent (if traveling)
- 2 recent passport photography
- Visa application form
- To and fro flight tickets to Canada
- Accommodation proof in Canada
- Day to day itinerary
- Proof of funds:
- 6 months bank statement
- Payslips from the employer
- Evidence of income like pension statement or investment
- Letter from the applicant’s accountant about annual statement
- Proof of employment
- Appointment letter
- No objection certificate
- Leave application approval letter
- Bonafide certificate
- Financial documents
- FD proofs
- Properties documents
- ITR filling/Form 16 from past 3 years
- If self-employed:
- Shop act
- Medical Exam from panel physician given by embassy or consulate of Canada
- Family information form
- Leave letter approval from the applicant’s school if a school student
- Certificate of retirement with pension amount if the applicant is retired
8. What are the documents required if your trip is sponsored?
If your friend or relative, below documents of sponsors your trip, the sponsor is required:
- Letter about the relationship between applicant and sponsor
- Invitation letter from your friend or relative
- Passport of sponsor
- Passport size photo of the sponsor
- Bank statement of the sponsor
- Letter from sponsor confirming that he is ready to sponsor the applicant
9. What is the processing time for the Canada Tourist visa?
The processing time for visitor visa taken is 10-15 working days.
The time does not include:
- Time for giving biometrics
- Application send between VAC and visa office
Why would you like to visit Canada
Canada is in demand among students, business professionals, and workers. It is known for:
- Modern and multicultural cities
- Many natural attraction like Dinosaur Provincial Park, Rocky Mountain Parks, Niagara Falls, etc
- It can be an affordable vacation as the dollar rate is little less than USA
- Several outdoor activities like camping, rafting, snowboarding, hiking, golfing, canoeing, etc
- Famous events and festivals of the country
- Canada’s 4 seasons have different charm in the country
- French culture is dominant in Canada, and it can be a witness in many places
- The outdoor activities in Canada make it very feasible for a vacation with kids
To see all these, you require a visa in Canada by paying proper visa fees along with the visa application to travel on the temporary resident visa or permit
Do you need an immigration consultant to travel to Canada?
Yes, you may need the best consultant to visit Canada. We can proudly declare that Kansas Overseas Career is the best immigration services provider in India.
Traveling on the temporary resident visa to Canada requires a lot of documentation to prove that you are not a potential immigrant.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How easy is it to get a Canada tourist visa?
Getting a tourist visa from India to Canada is quite easy if you full fill below eligibility
- Have passport
- Have good health and no criminality record
- Have enough funds to support your stay in Canada
- Have travel itinerary and to and fro air tickets
- Have proof regarding your return to your home town
2. Can you apply for a Canadian visa without an invitation letter?
An invitation letter is not compulsory to apply for a visitor visa. It is an added document to make your case strong and prove the immigration officer that you are visiting Canada to meet family or friends who invited you over there.
3. Can a person work with a visitor visa?
You are not allowed to work or indulge in any commercial activity which will get you to enter the labour market when you have a visitor visa stamped in your passport.
4. How much time is a tourist visa valid?
A person whose visit visa is stamped in the passport can stay up to 6 months anywhere in Canada. You have to leave the country before the permit expiry date.
5. What is the way to prove that you will leave Canada?
You are required to provide proof apart from being a citizen of the country through the passport. The proofs can be:
- Proof to show that you have family in your home country from whom you have to support financially
- Proof that you will not study or work in Canada
- Proof of no criminality records
All these proof should be submitted along with your visa application.
6. Why apply for a visitor visa online than by paper base?
The CIC government has started with an online process along with the paper process. Visa application through the online process can be better because:
- If submitted online no problem of courier and mailing, submission is received immediately
- The online process takes less time
- If you provide an incomplete visa application by offline mode, the visa application is returned to you after some days, whereas in online mode upon completion of the form, your visa application is submitted.
- Do not have to submit the passport until the CIC asks for it
- Get updates in your online account directly about the visa status
7. Who requires electronic travel authorization (eTA)?
Applicants from a country that do not require a visa and would be air traveling to Canada need eTA before their travel time.
8. What are the passport photograph requirements for a Canada visa?
The photograph requirements for Canadian visa are:
- White background with no borders
- Should be 3 months old
- A color photo
- Proper face coverage
- Matte or semi-matte finish
- 35 X 45 mm
- No spectacles, headphones, hats, etc
- Religious head gears and hearing aids are allowed
9. What does the letter of invitation cover?
If you are visiting your family or friends in Canada, you have to get an invitation letter from that particular family and friend. This letter does not guarantee you the visa, it if for the reference at the consulate and the embassy decision is final.
Below is the information that must be included in the letter about the applicant:
- Complete name
- Date of birth
- Address and telephone number
- The relation between the invitee and applicant
- Purpose of visit
- Time the person would like to stay in Canada
- Accommodation details
- How the applicant will pay his/her expenses in Canada
- When the applicant is leaving Canada
Below information about the invitee:
- Full name
- Passport number
- Date of birth
- Address and phone number in Canada
- Job title
- If you are a permanent resident or Canadian citizens
- A photocopy of your status in Canada:
- Your birth certificate (if Canadian born)
- Citizenship card (if naturalized citizen)
- Canada PR card or IMM 1000 landing proof
- Family details: name and date of birth of dependent and family
- Total number of family members living to whom who are sponsoring
10. What are the basic documents required for a Canada tourist visa?
For the visitor visa, which is a non-immigrant visa, requires documents:
- Travel document like passport
- Passport size photograph
- Visa application form
- Letter of invitation (if visiting family/friends)
- Proof of funds
- Proof of employment
- Proof that you have no intention to stay back in the country to the consulate
- Day to day itinerary and travel tickets
- Proof of immigration status of you in your country
11. What cannot be done on a visit visa?
The following cannot be done if you have a visit permit:
- You cannot study if you have a visitor visa and opt for a student visa by getting a study permit in the country
- You are not allowed to work in Canada as you do not have a work permit for the country
- You are not allowed to stay in Canada permanently
12. Which language must the supporting documents be submitted?
The supporting documents submitted must be either in English or in French. If any other language the supporting documents are there, you have to provide the translated copy along with it in English or French.
13. When will your application get rejected?
Below are the simple reasons for rejection of your application:
- Application if incorrect
- Supporting documents submitted are incorrect
- Misleading information is given
- Errors in the application or document submitted
- If you have any criminality record in the country where you have been there for more than 6 months
- If you have charges of not obeying the country laws and rules
- If your health can be a treat to the people of Canada