Migrating to Canada from Dubai - Requirements, Benefits & Process in Detail
With 8 years of experience in the overseas division, Sindhura is a specialist in Canada, Australia, UK and Germany visa process.
We all know Dubai as a city of Gold. With plenty of wealth and a lavish lifestyle to offer, this nation has always been a favourite choice of Indians since years. However, the current scenario is not the same as it was years ago.
The increasing costs to live in Dubai and decreasing jobs for immigrants have it tough for skilled workers to grow in this nation. In fact, the nation is heading towards economic crisis.
For this very reason, thousands of professionals of Dubai are moving to western nations. Among the many nations, Canada has become the most favourite choice.
According to the Khaleej Time Global Business, “More than six out of 10 residents want to relocate from the UAE or their home country to a foreign country for better education for their children, better standard of living and to enjoy visa-free travel by obtaining a second passport.”
Surveys were conducted where the findings revealed that 63 per cent of the UAE residents are keen to relocating to a foreign country.
So, if you too want to improve your career prospects and strive for a higher income job, then migrating to Canada from Dubai is what you must plan for right away.
Is it easy to migrate to Canada from the UAE?
One of the best benefits of Canada immigration programs is that they can be applied by national of any country.
Whether you are an Indian living in Dubai or a Dubai-born professional, there’s always scope for you to migrate to Canada from UAE under the Express Entry Programs.
These programs are:
- Federal Skilled Workers Program: It is the program related to skilled foreign workers.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program: The program is particularly for candidates who have skilled experienced in trade occupations.
- Canadian Experience Class: The program relates to candidates who have already lived in Canada with a temporary work visa or study permit.
- Provincial Nominee Programs: If you are planning to live in a specific province, then you can apply for the particular province through the Provincial Nominee Programs.
Many provinces and territories of Canada follow an immigration system to welcome immigrants with the nomination. The nomination is issued to a skilled professional who meets the province requirements.
Pro Tip: Always strive for a nomination if you meet all parameters of Provincial Nominee Programs. This helps you in getting the ITA for Canada PR visa faster.
Other prominent program (if you have an eligible relative residing in Canada):
Family Sponsorship: Immigration to Canada from Dubai can also be easier if you have possibilities with Family Sponsorship.
To qualify for the visa, you need to have a family or a child or a grandchild living in Canada as a permanent resident or Canadian citizen.
What are the key requirements to migrate to Canada from Dubai?
When you have made your plan for Canada immigration; eligibility is the major requirement to be checked. The essential requirements to be focused while applying the Canada PR application are:
- You need to score a minimum of 67 points under Canada's Express Entry point's calculator.
- Should be able to prove good language skills in English or French.
- You need to have a full-time work experience for a minimum of at least 2 years. This work experience has to be available in the country's National Occupational Classification (NOC) system.
- The work experience you hold must be under the skill types – Skill Type 0 (Managerial Occupations), Skill Level A (Professional Occupations) or Skill Level B (Technical Occupations and Skilled Trades).
- Need to have sufficient funds and assets to support your immigration application.
- Necessary to prove good health and character by providing required certificates.
- Professionals from foreign countries have to undergo an educational credential assessment. With this, you can prove that you have your education similar to the education system of Canada.
After your eligibility check, you can choose the appropriate immigration program to start your Canada immigration process from UAE.
How to apply for Canada permanent residency visa from Dubai?
Now that you know the brief steps of applying for a Canada PR visa from Dubai, here is what you have to do during each stage:
- Stage 1: Gather all relevant educational documents and apply for Educational Credential Assessment. This is done to ensure your education standards meet the Canadian standards.
- Stage 2: Create a profile with Express Entry by filling in all the details about your profile. This profile is kept active in the Express Entry pool and you can update any changes accordingly.
- Stage 3: Strive to reach the latest Express Entry Draw score and receive an Invitation to Apply for Canada PR visa.
- Stage 4: Submit visa fees and all required documents in the alloted 60 days time. If you miss the time span, you may have to start from the initial stage.
- Stage 5: After you receive your visa approval notification, send your passport for stamping to nearest Embassy.
With the effective permanent residence permit card, you can immigrate to Canada and get identified as a Canadian permanent resident. Addition to this, you will also be able to enjoy many premium benefits with the Canada PR status.
How much money does it cost from Dubai to Canada immigration?
Though we have mentioned the cost overview (in Canadian dollars), here is a detailed
cost analysis including other fees that may be applicable to you during visa process:
ECA Fees: 250-500 Canadian Dollars (706-1308 AED approx)*
For primary applicant - 825 Canadian Dollars (2158 AED approx)*
For secondary applicant - 825 Canadian Dollars (2158 AED approx)*
Right of permanent residence visa:
For primary applicant - 500 Canadian Dollars (1308 AED approx)*
For Secondary candidate - 500 Canadian Dollars (1308 AED approx)*
For children less than 22 years - 225 Canadian dollars each (588 AED approx)*
IELTS Fee (in Dubai): Approximately AED 1260
Medical Fee: Approximately 900 AED per adult and 500 AED per kid (may vary)
Courier Fee: Depends upon service chosen
If you are keen to understand the average costs of migrating to Canada from Dubai, we advise you to get in touch with our immigration consultant. You will be able to understand the expenses that you may have to incur stage-wise Also, as every visa program has their costs and procedures, our consultant will help you explore the options in a detailed manner.
*conversion rates as of January 2020
How will Kansas help me choose the right visa process?
Now you may be wondering how Kansas, an India based visa company will help you migrate to Canada from Dubai? Well, to this we have two answers:
- We have a strong clientele of professionals who have migrated to Canada from Dubai through the assistance of our well-qualified immigration consultants. Our documentation process is done for you through online communication, in a very trusted and transparent manner. We take care of the following areas for you:
- Suggest you visa options based on your profile and occupation demand
- Understand your NOC code by analyzing your job role
- Help you check your eligibility for the selected visa
- Apply for the visa on behalf
- Help you with a customized checklist of documents based on your profile
- Guide in attempting IELTS, undergoing medicals and ways to obtain a PCC
- Serve you with services beyond visas for your ease of migration (assistance upto 6 months)
- We are yet in the plans to have our office in Dubai, for the ease of our clients.
If you wish to understand more about how we can help you in Canada immigration from Dubai, reach out to us for a free counselling session online.