IELTS or International English Language Testing System is a standardized English-language test for lawful immigrants moving to English nations.
The test identifies your English language capabilities as per the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB). Read on to learn more.
What is IELTS?
IELTS is generally one of the recognized education tests that helps measure the English language proficiency of the applicants. It uses a nine-band scale that identifies the level of hold over the language. IELTS test is of two types –Academics IELTS and General Training IELTS.
There are 4 different modules or sections which test the english language proficiency. They are:
What is the minimum IELTS band score required for Canada permanent residency?
Canada is now emerging as an ideal choice for immigrants, given the high quality of life offered there. While it is essential to have an IELTS for Canada PR application, the minimum score is different for every program.
Here’s the minimum requirement for each CBL Level:
Find out what your IELTS Score can do.
IELTS Score For Canada PR: Requirements for Express Entry
Here are the IELTS Requirements for Express Entry under each category:
1. Federal Skilled Worker Program
For skilled foreign workers with English as your official language:
If you get CLB 4 or lower, no points are awarded. If you get CLB 10 or higher, you will gain the maximum points, 34 or 32(if you are married).
|CLB Level||Points per subcategory||Listening||Reading||Speaking||Writing|
|10 and above||6||8.5-9.0||8.0-9.0||7.5-9.0||7.5-9.0|
If English is your second language, you get 4 points in total if you meet the reading, writing, speaking the following per-section requirements:
|CLB Level||Total Points||Listening||Reading||Speaking||Writing|
|5 and above||4||5.0-9.0||4.0-9.0||5.0-9.0||4.0-9.0|
2. Federal Skilled Trades Program
Here are the per section score requirements for each CLB Level:
|10 and above||8.5-9.0||8.0-9.0||7.5-9.0||7.5-9.0|
3. Canadian Experience Class
For National Occupational Classification (NOC) A jobs, the minimum language requirement is CLB 7. For NOC B jobs, the requirement is CLB 5. These are the important language requirements for Canadian immigration
Here are the CLB levels that correspond to per-section IELTS general exam scores:
|A||10 and above||8.5-9.0||8.0-9.0||7.5-9.0||7.5-9.0|
What is the IELTS exam fee?
Authorized organizations hold the tests on predetermined dates, and a candidate can pay the nominal fee of INR 13,250 to give the IELTS exam.
How long does it take to get IELTS results?
You will receive a paper copy of your IELTS test score, the Test Report Form (TRF), via mail delivery 13 days after the test date for a paper-based test and 3 to 5 days after an online test.
Other Important FAQs
How long is IELTS valid in Canada?
Your IELTS score will be valid for 2 years for immigrating to Canada.
What is a good IELTS score for Canada PR?
You need to score a minimum of 6 in your IELTS to qualify for any immigration programs to Canada. That is equivalent to CLB(Canadian Language Benchmark) Band 7.
What is the Express Entry System?
The Express Entry System is a faster way for skilled immigrants to gain permanent residence in Canada.
In this system, there are 3 different pathways:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
To apply for permanent residency through Express Entry, you need to have a minimum language proficiency of CLB 7, a minimum of 6.0 for each section of the IELTS.
How do you get permanent residency in Canada?
There are 5 ways:
- Express Entry: Express entry is one of the canadian immigration programs that enables immigrants who can fill in jobs when there is a lack of skilled workers in Canada.
- Business Immigration: The Business Immigration Program is the right path for people who have experience in owning, managing, and running a business.
- Family Class Immigration: Family Class Immigration is a Canadian immigration program that helps to reunite families in the country.
- Provincial Nominee Program: The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is a specific program for skilled workers who can contribute to the economy of a Canadian territory or province. It's a direct immigration to Canada program without snay hassle.
- Canadian Experience Class: Canadian Experience Class or CEC helps temporary foreign workers and students to apply for permanent residency based on experience or education.
What are the eligibility requirements for a permanent residents visa of Canada?
For getting permanent residency in Canada, the eligibility requirements are:
- Age: When it comes to permanent residence in Canada, there is no specific age limit for the candidates. For business or investor visas, the applicant can even be over the age of 65, whereas in the case of family class immigration, the applicant can be younger than 18.
- Education: To become eligible for Canada PR, they must have an educational level (bachelor’s degree) that is equal to Canadian Secondary School qualification.
- Work experience: For most Permanent Residence programs in Canada, the candidate must have a work experience of 1 year.
- Language ability: IELTS for Canada PR visa is one of the major eligibility criteria. The test demonstrates the English language abilities of the candidate with respect to Canadian Language Benchmark.
- Adaptability requirements: The applicant is also given points for their ability to adapt to the country. If the candidate has work experience in Canada, they get 10 points, but if they have done studies of 2 years there, they can get 5 points.
What are the key benefits of getting permanent residency in Canada?
By becoming a permanent resident of Canada, you can enjoy these benefits:
- Live and work in Canada: After getting a permanent resident card in Canada, you have the legal right to work and live anywhere in the country.
- Become a citizen: Getting a PR status is the first step to get citizenship in Canada. After you have lived for three out of 5 years in Canada, you become eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship.
- Sponsor your family: After getting permanent residency in Canada, you can also apply for sponsorship for your spouse, common-law partner, and dependent child to join you.
- Universal healthcare: Canada offers access to universal healthcare and social services to every citizen having a permanent resident visa.
Can you stay in Canada after applying for permanent residency?
Yes, you can. Any person who has applied for permanent residency in Canada with the help of immigration consultants can stay in the country, provided they maintain their legal status.
If Canada is your dream destination, we have simplified your IELTS requirements:
Are you planning to immigrate to Canada?
Then, take your IELTS now. We’ll help you in every step of the immigration process.
How can Kansas Help you?
Kansas Overseas Careers is the best visa consultant in India with a success rate of 98.23 %.
You can expect a one-stop solution for all your visa needs from profile evaluation, documentation, application drafting to post-visa services with Kansas.
- Visit Visa: Travel for leisure or business to any part of the world with Kansas.
- Study Visa: Study in Globally-recognized Universities!
- Work Visa: Work & settle in the World’s Best Cities!
- Immigration: We are your one-stop solution for all your visa and immigration needs
- Permanent Residence: Become a Permanent Resident and enjoy special benefits.
Our Customized services for Canada PR:
- Profile Evaluation: Based on your unique profile history, we make matches with the visa eligibility requirements, and advise you with the visas you must apply for.
- Dedicated Case-Officer: We offer personal assistance and a single point-of-contact between the company and you, throughout the process
- Test Preparations: We have a specialized team of experts who provide online training for IELTS, French, and other language tests at no extra cost.
- Resume Writing: We guide you to create a resume that stands out as desired by the concerned immigration authority.
- Documents & Review: Error-free visa documentation from document gathering, verification, application submission, and also post-landing assistance.
- Professional guidance: Be it providing you with interview training, French/English courses or working samples for resumes, cover letters or assisting with application forms, medical or police clearance certificates - we will always be there for you.
- Job-Search Services: We look for appropriate openings to match your qualifications.
- Profile Marketing: We are known for creating best-in-class portfolios that boost your profiles in job-portals. And yes, this is a complimentary service!
- Visa Filing: Kansas ensures that your visa application meets all the standard requirements as per the immigration authorities of the country that you are applying for.
- Interview Training: Be it a job interview or a visa interview, we have experts who will help you excel in both.
- Post-Landing Services: We help you settle down in the country after you’ve received your visa. These services are specifically customized as per your requirements.
Don’t wait. Begin your visa application today!