Canada PR Visa Details and the Role of IELTS in its Process
Anusha stands out for in-depth knowledge of Canada, UK and Australia visa process. With 7+years of experience, she adds a lot of worth to the team.
Canada is known to have a good reputation when it comes to inviting educated and skilled immigrants into their country.
In a year, there are many reasons why hundreds of immigrants visit Canada. It could be work, family or for a reunion.
The best way to immigrate to Canada is through a Canada PR visa. For a person to make most of their life by moving to a beautiful country like Canada on PR, they need to ensure they fulfill the criteria for possessing a Canadian PR visa.
There are requirements for being eligible for a Canada PR visa.
Also, there are various ways to get a Canada PR visa i.e., there are many schemes such as the Express Entry, Canada Provincial Nominee Program, and the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.
One of the primer criteria to migrate to Canada through any of these schemes is to show your proficiency in the English language. To test the candidate’s proficiency in English, Canada primarily accepts the IELTS test.
This means that in order to be eligible for a Canada PR visa, every applicant will have to prove their proficiency in the IELTS test.
The immigration authorities ensure that the candidates have good proficiency in English as it can aid them when they move into Canada.
The IELTS exam tests the candidate’s skill in various aspects of language such as Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing. All these language capabilities are necessary for a person to be eligible for a Canada PR visa.
IELTS is one such exam that has a lot of credibility and name in the industry. With best IELTS score and nominee program, Canada PR aspirants are being able to migrate to Canada easier and faster.
Whether you have a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree, it’s necessary for you to score a good IELTS band score.
What is the minimum IELTS score required for Canada permanent residency?
While IELTS is mandatory for all programs, there are different IELTS scores required for different programs. Check out the below information the requirements of each program.
- For Express Entry - In Express Entry Program, the candidates must obtain 6 bands in all modules (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- For Canada Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – In PNP, the candidates must acquire 6 bands in all modules (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) - candidates must score 4.5 bands in all modules (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking)
- Quebec CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) –In Quebec immigration, the candidates must achieve 5 bands for Listening, 4 for Reading, 5 for Writing and 5 for Speaking
There are various ways for a candidate to prepare for an IELTS exam. They can take mock tests, fun games, and also improve their listening, reading, speaking and writing by using various study materials.
Canada PR aspirants can have better chances at scoring a good IELTS band score provided they look towards a good immigration consultant to guide them on their path.
It’s imperative to choose an immigration consultant that has sent many young individuals to other countries.
The details such as choosing the right program, the right skill trade and every other minute detail can only be taken care of an experienced consultant.
What are the eligibility requirements for a permanent resident visa of Canada?
Besides IELTS, there are several other important aspects that you need take into consideration when applying for a permanent resident visa.
All these factors contribute in grading your Canadian PR visa application on a Comprehensive system.
This system takes into account various factors and allots points, which in turn determine how eligible you are for a Canadian PR visa from India.
Here are the eligibility requirements for a permanent resident visa of Canada.
- Candidate must be older than 18 years of age
- Must have proficiency in either English or French
- Must have a good IELTS score based on the visa entry program
- Must have relevant work experience
- Extra points are given if the candidate has a pre-approved job offer
- Certifications in certain skills or skilled trades are a bonus
How do you get permanent residency in Canada?
Many Canadian PR aspirants look towards getting a Canada PR visa as soon as possible. This is only possible when you clearly understand the right way to do it.
There are ways to obtain a Canada PR visa, hence, it’s crucial to understand which is the right way for you.
Here is how you can get the Canada PR Visa.
- First, you need to understand which program is the right way of entry for your permanent citizenship.
- The programs that you can use for your immigration to Canada under the Express Entry are the Federal Skilled Workers Program, Federal Trades(FSTW), and Canadian Experience Class.
- Based on your occupation, experience or interest, you can choose a program that fits your need. It’s imperative for you to understand that your visa application does take a few months to process.
- Once you choose the right program, ensure that you fit all the criteria for the visa application. Get the required IELTS score and score 67 points under Canada’s points based test.
- Based on the program you choose, you can file for the visa application online.
If these programs aren’t for you then you can also opt for the Provincial Nominee Programme, Family Class Immigration, and the Business Immigration Programme.
Hence, it’s always important to keep that in mind while applying for a Canadian PR visa
What are the key benefits of getting permanent residency in Canada?
When you meet the requirements of IELTS and other factors, there are endless benefits for being the permanent resident Canada.
Anybody with a valid Canada PR visa is likely to have good success in their careers while also being able to get their life on track.
As an individual with a Canadian PR, there are multiple benefits for you. Canada is a land that is rich in education, heritage, culture, and many more things.
These are the key benefits of getting a permanent visa in Canada
- Live, study and work anywhere in Canada
- Enter and exit Canada whenever you want
- After a certain period of time as a Canadian permanent resident, you can apply for citizenship
- One can enjoy all the rights and privileges of an Canadian citizen
Canada permanent residents can sponsor relatives to accompany you in Canada
You can also live, work, study and travel anywhere in USA (based on certain conditions) after the authorities approve your citizenship application
Your children who’re born inside of Canada will be considered Canadian citizens
For many aspiring Canada permanent residents, it’s hard to understand where to start from especially when it’s regarding the visa applications.
It’s always wiser to choose a good immigration consultant that can guide you on your path to becoming a PR card holder in Canada and help you enjoy your benefits to the fullest.
In fact, immigration consultants can help you get your Canada PR Visa faster than expected.
Can you stay in Canada after applying for permanent residency?
This is one of the many questions that immigrants have when they’re in Canada. Many immigrants migrate to Canada on a student visa or a visitor visa and then apply for a Canadian PR visa.
Any Indian candidate can stay in Canada after apply for a Canada Permanent Resident visa provided they are staying legally. It’s crucial to remember that in all cases it is important to have a good IELTS band score.
If you’re someone who’s planning on moving to Canada as a permanent resident, then you need not worry. Kansas Overseas has helped many young aspirants make their way to Canada with a PR.
Whether its Express Entry or provincial nomination program, Kansas has helped many young individuals with the support of their experienced counsellors.
In fact, we also give you assistance in preparing for your IELTS exam. So, don’t wait. Call us right away to migrate a friendly, and successful way.