Basic Requirements to Immigrate to Canada
Anusha stands out for in-depth knowledge of Canada, UK and Australia visa process. With 7+years of experience, she adds a lot of worth to the team.
Thousands of Indians are migrating to Canada each year. This fact is enough to prove how easy the Canada immigration process is for Indians and their families.
In fact, the Gallup study ranks Canada as the 4th Most-Accepting Country in the World when it comes to immigrants. On the Gallup Migrant Acceptance Index, it scored 8.14 out of 9, among the 140 countries it competed with.
Similarly, in the US Ranking, it stood on the 1st position as the Best Country for Immigrants.
All these honours is solely because how easy and comfortable the country makes for its immigrants. Right from the eligibility requirements to visa process, everything about the Maple country is simple, well-structured and quick to implement.
Who can immigrate to Canada?
There is no doubt that the country welcomes nationals of all country in its entity. But, when it comes to permanent immigration or obtaining a permanent residency status, the Government of Canada is keen to select skilled workers only.
The prime reason of why Canada has made a simple process to immigrate to Canada is shortage of skilled talent. The country is struggling to cop up with high demand occupations and low supply of skills
Hence, candidates who are able to meet the economic requirements are only allowed to migrate to Canada as permanent residents.
What are the Key Requirements of Canada Immigration?
In order to be eligible for a Canada permanent resident visa or Canada immigration, you are initially required to meet the below requirements:
- Your age must be under 40 years
- You must be a Graduate from a recognized University
- You must have at least 1 year of work experience
- You must be proficient in the English Language
- You must be free of any criminal history
- You must be of good health
- You must be financially stable
Now to support the above stated requirements and to proof they are true to the fullest, you must do the following:
- Calculate all the above mentioned factors and reach a score of 67 out of 100.
- Calculate your CRS score, a score that gives you a ranking in the pool of applications
- Attempt IELTS to prove your English Language Skills.
- Get your educational credentials assess by World Education Services so as to prove that your education meets the Canadian standards.
- Check whether your occupation (experience) relates to any of the occupations mentioned under NOC and use the NOC code in your application.
- Undergo medical exam to obtain Medical Certificate. This must be done by you and your whole family, irrespective of whether they are migrating to Canada with you or not.
- Obtain a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from every region where you have lived more than 6 months.
- Showcase fund maintenance on demand so as to prove that you are financially stable and can reside in Canada without any financially dependency on the Canadian Government.
All these aspects are to be proved along with relevant documents. To understand what documents are to be supported with every factor, reach out to our immigration consultant.
Based on your profile and profession, we help you with a customized checklist of documents.
What is the Maximum Age to Immigrate to Canada?
There is no age bar to immigrate to Canada. However, candidates who are above 46 years neither get points nor may be accepted by Canadian employers.
That is why it is best suggested to migrate at an age that fetches you best Canada PR visa points.
The below image represents how your points decrease with the increase in age.
What is the Easiest Way to Immigrate to Canada?
Canada offers several immigration programs for skilled workers to carry out their immigration process smoothly.
Canada’s immigration system has over 60 visa types that one can apply based on his purpose and profile.
In 2020, the Federal Skilled Worker Visa and the Provincial Nominee Programs are considered the easiest ways to migrate to Canada (for skilled workers).
Process of Federal Skilled Worker Visa
The process to obtain a Federal Skilled Worker Visa is well-structured and simple:
- First, you are required to check your eligibility and reach a score of 67 points
- Send your sealed transcripts to World Education Services for ECA
- Create an online application (Expression of Interest) with all authentic details about yourself
- Strive to reach the highest CRS score. Check the Canada Express Entry Draw to understand what’s the current highest score.
- Let your application rest in the pool of application till you receive your Invitation to Apply. Update all the details about yourself as and when there is any change.
- After you receive the ITA, file the final PR visa application along with PR visa fee and other related fee.
- Receive your visa and go for passport stamping at the nearest Canadian embassy.
During this visa process, if there is any change in the immigration policy of Canada, you need to make changes to your application as per the updated immigration law.
Process of Provincial Nominee Programs
Every province has a different process of application. While some Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) demand a job offer, some of them do not. Also, some provinces give you an option to apply online or send a paper-bound application as per your convenience.
Hence, the best way to understand the process of provincial nominee programs is to consult our PNP Consultants. We have a team of consultants dedicated to provide PNP services and specializing in all PNP process.
What are the Minimum Points Required for Canada Immigration?
To migrate to Canada from India, you need 67 points out of 100 on the Canada immigration point’s grid.
These points are allotted for factors like your age, education, full-time employment experience, English language skills and more. Canada citizenship and immigration authorities have already defined a standard structure of points allotment.
Candidates who are interested for Canada immigration must refer the Canada immigration points calculator and calculate their score accordingly.
Let us help you calculate your points and understand your occupation code:
What is the Processing Time for Canada Immigration?
How Can You Immigrate to Canada in 2020?
The best way to migrate to Canada in 2020 is before the elections of Canada that are going to take place in October.
This is because with the new ministry in effect, there may be changes to Canada immigration policies and procedures. Hence, to avoid any hindrances, it is best suggested to apply before October.
To understand the start-to-finish process of Canada immigration, consult our immigration experts in Hyderabad, Vizag, Chennai, Thane or Bangalore.